Collusion in Arena

Railingit
4 posts Member
edited October 2018
I really think the collusion needs to be dialed back. I have a strong team, reached number 1, and soon after was contacted by someone in the top 5 spots telling me that I wasn't authorized to stay there and unless I joined their discord chat to find out the rotation, they would make sure I would be pushed out of the top 10. Discussing with members of my guild, this is similar across multiple arenas. I find this frustrating as I'm not playing to be number 1, but when I'm farming for specific toons, and want to bump up for extra tokens, I'm immediatly attacked and pushed back out of the top 20. They layer the teens with whale teams that are beatable, but end up costing refreshes to even break back in the top 20.

They discussed payout times and getting in the rotation. Honestly I'm not interested working with others that way and coordinating, as I already do that with my guild for raids.

But to literally be told, and in turn attacked constantly in the last 30 mins and pushed down is ridiculous, considering I can and have beat users in the top 5 to gain the top spot.

I realize they are using third party tools to discuss this, but a simple solution would be if the same user is constantly in the top 3 spots, say 3 days in a row, they need to be moved to a harder shard. This would make the arena a ladder system, and wouldn't penalize players for following the rules.

I spend enough money on the game, unlocking toons, gearing them, as I enjoy the guild experience and collecting, but part of that need is squad tokens and some of those toons aren't available elsewhere, otherwise I probably wouldn't even play in arena.

I have spent a good deal of money on the game, but this is really causing me to not want to buy any more vaults. Please work on the arena and figure out a way to continue to move users around to prevent collusion.

Post edited by Railingit on

Replies

• Options
    And to say, get a better team. I can and have beat those users to get there. I could spend the refreshes, but if the top 10 users, only battle the outsider, then you're presented with "you're already in a battle" and for the last 30 mins, you're locked from even attempting.

Today I was rank 12, and couldn't do another battle as I was locked, then ended up 26th. To drop from 12 to 26 in 30 mins just defeats the purpose of the arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately that is not a viable solution. Many people invest to get to the top, and to then move them against more difficult players (or more invested) would devalue their investment.

They have also said they do not have the tools to mix merge shards.

There are also other reasons a solution like this doesnt work,
    - where do they get placed in the "new shard"
    - it would actually make chatting more effective and necessary as you dont want to step on the toe of people with other POs. This is the main reason for most chats.
    - what keeps someone from losing to get pushed to an easy shard and just dropping back once every few days to keep the easy shard for top PO most days
  • Options

My arena has discord server, many participate and take turns in the best positions. I do not participate.

But I think it's very good, so no one needs to spend real money to buy crystals.

It's a great way to play without spending any real money.
  • Options

Eletronic arts agrees to collusion.

If she did not agree, she could mix the members of the arenas every 30 days.

So it would be impossible to keep a server discord to match positions.
  • Options
    join the chat and stop being so righteous lol.
  • Options
    Chat is there because people understand a few hundred crystals a week aren't worth the time for someone to stare at their screens daily, for years. Just join it and be a good samaritarian.

Just fyi, chats can be fun too. The fact that they even invite you is something that should make you happy.
  • Options
    Crynus wrote: »

you're right, I'll stop spending money and join the discord server, so I get crystals without making a profit for EA

• Options
    Crynus wrote: »

I'll make some videos about it on youtube, I'll change my evaluation in google play, I'll explain to everyone about the steal in the arena and the need to be on the discord server
  • Options
    Its not about being righteous. The difference is, arena is PvP. We already have guilds. We already have ways to work as a team to reach an objective. The whole concept of the arena is one against one. Let alone the fact in my shard there are 10 of the top 20 from the same guild, besides the discord group.

There are fundamental flaws when it comes to arena and PvP. It's currently PvTeam, and the rewards tied to it are needed to advance in the game. If you can have collusion, move it to guilds vs guilds in PvP. Another flaw is being able to lock a player from battling and advancing themselves because a group decided they don't want them to be in the top of the arena.

And to say that they have a discord group because they don't have time to refresh is the same as not wanting to join the discord and spend the time having to shuffle around to fit with the group. It's a wash, same amount of time, except we know when rewards are paid, and when to be online to get those rewards. It's a half hour or so before to get to the top.

PvP should be PvP, or tie the rewards to not have specific toons that require those rewards. Make the rewards be crystals and credits, and gear that isn't limited to just arena. Remove the arena tokens to spend on toons. Then if you want to collude in arena, it's not toon specific, you are just battling for resources to spend elsewhere.
  • Options
    There's no PVP in the first place, you're just fighting against AI. (Which in general is **** poor if I may add).
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    dead horse is dead, might aswell continue kicking it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you're not playing to rank 1st., you don't want work with others in their rotation and you only play swuad arena for the tokens, then I'd suggest to simply avoid all players, who play to rank high, when it's their payout. Don't attack them, if you know, their payout is soon. Let them do their thing and they will let you do yours.

Your suggestion to move players between shards is silly. If a player takes 1st everyday it's because he/she earned it by developing his/her roster and spending the time and crystals to stay there. Why should a player be moved simply because others didn't develop their rosters as well?

If PvP should be PvP (your words) then simply take any player on at any time you please. You will see PvP and have your fun.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    ... and you will soon enough have unlocked each and every toon in the arena shop. Don't worry too much about that.
  • Options
    A EA não fará nada para acabar com o conluio.
    Eles concordam, acham correto.

Vamos parar de gastar dinheiro comprando cristais e vamos entrar em conluio, somente os ladrões ganham neste jogo, então seremos ladrões também.
  • Options

EA will do nothing to stop collusion.
    They agree, they think it's right.

Let's stop spending money buying crystals and let's go into collusion, only thieves win in this game, then we'll be thieves too.