Leader and unique abilities question

When a leader ability such as QGJ or GSs unique ability says "all xxxx allies gain..." Does that also apply to the character itself, or just the other allies? I.e. Does GS gain a crit boost from his unique? Does QGJ gain a speed boost from his own leader ability?
Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Applies to the character itself if they meet yhe criteria to be effected.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Counts themselves and applies to themselves. Which is why you see lots of people run a QGJ lead with no other Jedi. I'm not a fan of this, but it's purposeful.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I have a question along these lines...

Does the leader ability disappear when the leader is killed?
    Do other characters still get leader ability buff if leader is killed?

I noticed a Luminara and JC getting a bonus attack when they were the only 2 enemy left, the Phasma lead was dead already.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Yes leader abilities work on the characters no matter if the leader is dead.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Seriously? Did you get 204 posts within a single day of playing the game or did you just never pay attention?
    Honest answer: yes, leader ability gets initiated at the beginning of the battle and remains active throughout.
    To the OP: it counts all characters including self as long as the phrasing doesn't include the word "other".
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Leader abilities do work, with exception. If Lumi or Bariss leads die their start-of-turn heal stops working. Maybe a bug, maybe intentional.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    There are exceptions, Yoda can spread luminaries leader ability via bm. Same with Anakin.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |