Beyond Pillars - What to do now that i have JTR and CLS

Seems the be the running theme, now that people have these two (or will after next week), we are all left with the question, now what? Things like the pillars lead us on a good start and goal oriented to reach this point, but now we hit mid/end game, whats the next step? Who is most important to get after those 4 pillars (Phoenix, Empire, FO, Resistance).

https://swgoh.gg/p/474735952/characters/

I'm a dolphin, buying crystals so that I can maintain 3 refreshes on Cantina and Normal energy.

So I currently run zEp, Thrawn, Vader (all 7*, gear 11), DN and zDS (both 5*, gear 10) in arena, place usually between 100-200 (last week hit 88th at payout). DN and DS are both hard node farms for me at this time, and will be until mid december. Gearing them up as I can, with a plan to lean towards Thrawn, DN and DS when the gear is shared between them over EP or Vader. Which leads me to decide/consider if I should farm Sith Trooper soon to plug into this team.

My phoenix squad is mostly g8 with ezra g9, but it does what I need it to do as far as TW/TB, so I'm done with it

My FO squad is currently KRU, og Kylo, FOTFP, FOO, and Phasma. A high priority for me is to farm FOX to replace Phasma, but otherwise not strongly considering FOST.

My Resistance squad is missing RT, as he is only 2* and I'm sad he is a single hard node farm now as well. But depending will be running JTR, R2, BB8, ScavRey, Finn, or Poe. Debating the importance of RP (will get to that).

So that's the "Pillars" teams.

Current wants/farms:
Bounty Hunters - while several of them are recommended side projects during the pillars, this team has essentially become the 5th pillar IMO. But some of the better ones are yet to be farmable.
I have Boba at 7*, Cad Bane 7*. I've been farming bossk since I could, and if I keep him up i'll have him 7* by Christmas. Dengar has become an absolute must for the Chewy event so I am getting him with guild currency. I am currently using Fleet currency on Zam when I see her (partially cause I'm resistant to buying Zeta mats but otherwise running out of too much to consistently farm there), and using my arena currency on Greedo (i picked greedo over Ig88, some may disagree but i see more value in the chewy event with greedo). I also love Jango's kit and will consider farming him right when he becomes farmable, but don't want to have to wait on him for Chewy.

Nightsisters - despite them getting constantly nerfed and their death in STR being yelled, they are still one of the most effective teams for STR, and before the chewy event, I was calling them the 5th pillar. I have MT on hard farm (5 hard farm characters makes farming gear from hard nodes next to impossible - DN, DS, Bossk, MT, and Bastila) and may finish her in November! Daka and Asajj are both 7*. Zombie will probably go on farm after MT is finished. Acolyte is a strong consideration for my next Cantina farm.

Jedi - Since I started in march, I have missed 1 marquee character - Bastila. So missing those 50 shards have hurt. But since she became farmable I've been doing both her fleet and hard node, so she can be 7* by end of november. I only have 6* GMY and need to just buckle down and finish my QGJ farm to get 5 7* jedi. The other 4 are Ezra, Kanan, OB, and Ashoka, with Barriss 6* and JC 6*. I would consider Barriss over QGJ but cantina store is meh now and i often use excess tokens for shard store currency, so might as well just finish QGJ to get GMY 7*, and then decide who my 5th jedi will be. Still a month or two from unlocking GK as well.

Solo - Will they get a legendary or another use? Are they worth it even without it? Qi'Ra is definitely useful as are Yolo and Vander, and L3 and Lando's Falcon as well. But i'm not jumping up and down to farm these guys.

Old Republic - Revan! But with several hard node farms, not going to get there anytime soon unfortunately

Imperial Troopers - They are a fun group, and have their uses (TB/TW mainly). Besides a 7* veers I am way behind in this group though, and they are more of a "i want them" than an "I need them"...

Murder Bears - again, a "i really want to have this crew because they are fun and I want to beat you with a bunch of care bears". Teebo is almost 7*, mainly from bronziums. Scout is 6* entirely from bronziums. EE is like 5* i think. But no, I'm about a year from being able to legitimately farm them.

So, my current dilemna/plan:

My hard node farming/energy is pretty set: DN (160), DS (160), MT (160), Bossk (160) and Bastila (128) costs 768 energy. Free + 3 refreshes is only 735, so I typically don't do all 8 of bastila since I am also farming her from fleet. But spend 0 energy on gear. MT will finish first, and will probably be followed by Zombie or Resistance Trooper. But Baze, Shoretrooper, Big Z, Jolee, Vander, Range all need their turn, not to mention Visas, Holdo, Wicket, FOST...

Cantina I'm finishing up the veterans. I really am considering doing an 8 energy node just to make me feel better since the Veterans take so **** long. So that would be FOX or Acolyte. Also leaning away from another 16 energy farm (Mission Vao, Sith Trooper, Death Trooper, CHS). Qi'Ra, L3, and T3 are also high priorities.

Fleet Table is Bastila, then I may shift towards Zaal or Jolee or Lando depending on what has been revealed as needed or upcoming.

The stores are harder to figure out. Catina store, theres no one a really want or need. My plan right now is to finish off QGJ to be ready to 7* GMY. Then I will get Hoth Rebel Scout up enough for his LSTB mission. Then I have been slacking and need to 7* Poe. Then I'll have to decide between storm trooper (get a poor man's imp trooper team going without Shore/Death) or someone like Pao/Bistan/5's. Cassian's U wing I have at 5*, but i dont ever use it.

Squad arena store, I'm 2 weeks from 7* greedo. After that, none of the rest I have left to farm fit any definite need from above. Sideous and Savage could help make a sith B squad, Cassian is eventually needed for R1 squad and for his ship. IG88 may be better used on a BH team. Maybe Nute will get a capital ship. Maybe Mace can get reworked and not suck?

GW store is the most worthless group of toons and has been, for a while, shard shop currency for me. I have teebo 87/100 and I can't even get myself to spend 1 days worth of GW to 7* him. Otherwise, there isn't anyone I really want from GW store. Maybe Magma for poor man's imp trooper team as well, maybe Datcha for one of those HAAT teams, maybe K2S0 for R1 and the Uwing

Fleet arena store, I have Biggs, Ghost, FOTF (and KRU tie) all 7*, vader tie advance and phantom2 6*, and just working on those. I've gotten Chirruit 7*, as well as FOTFP. Debating ATF, but currently getting ships as they pop in and Zam for my BH team. And Grievous, cause I dont want to use shard currency on him, but figure he has to be reworked soon.

So, any advice on the Catina farm priority? any squads i'm missing or not prioritizing?

Replies

• Options
    I'm in a broadly similar position to you. There's one very big glaring omission in your post, which is the sith raid. Having a team for each phase of the Sith raid should really be your next target. In my opinion, everything else is an unnecessary distraction at the moment.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    I'm in a broadly similar position to you. There's one very big glaring omission in your post, which is the sith raid. Having a team for each phase of the Sith raid should really be your next target. In my opinion, everything else is an unnecessary distraction at the moment.

My guild is doing tier 5, so I'm not doing heroic anytime soon unless I jump ship.

Jtr team for phase one.
    Night sisters for phase four.
    What phase 2 and 3 teams should be the focus?
  • Options
    I’m going to suggest BHs (Chewie, Rebel Roundup and Bounties), Plus work on your FLEET :), Focus down your hard node farms and finally build a Smugglers Run Team.
    Zetas —> Arena first then HAAT focused (IBAT, Shoots First, Rampage)

BHs - you don’t “need” Bossk for 7* Chewie if that helps you?

G12 Boba with full Omegas - mod for CD/CC
    G11 (ish) Greedo, Cad Bane, Dengar and Zam - Potency Crosses and at least 1 potency set/character.
    **Essentially make Boba your Murder Character
    **Stack Potency to maximise Health
    **Dengar to handle R2D2
    This “Thermal Detonator/TM” team also nicely handles Bounties and Rebel Roundup.

Too many Hard Node Farms!
    ———
    Either Focus on DN/DS
    Or
    Go with Bastila

GWar
    ———
    Datcha for Brotini (Phase 1 HAAT)
    Magmatrooper for Troopers

Cantina
    ———
    Qi’ra - Smuggler Leader
    L337 - Smuggler Tank
    Gives you a Smuggler’s Run team - Qi’ra (l), Both Vets, Han, and L337
    (Can also eventually farm Young Lando in Fleet, his ship is on the same node & L337 is the other pilot)

HAAT Team
    —————
    AA(l), zVentress (Rampage) , zCLS (IBAT), BB8, Thrawn.

Fleet
    ———
    This needs heavy work! And Focus!
    Decide if you are going to build a Biggs Target Lock Team
    Or Go after Geos
    Or Hounds Tooth
    Pick 1 Capital ship to focus on
    IF you go with Biggs - then he needs to be lvl 85 and full Omegas, lvl 15 mods. MAXIMISE him.
    Supporting initial ships should have Target Lock e.g.
    **Tie Advanced
    **Tie Fighter
    **Bistan’s U-Wing
    **Phantom (although better as a reinforcement if you have 2 others)
    Reinforcements - Slave 1, Ghost, (Phantom), Cassians U Wing.

Pick your starting lineup and 2 reinforcements to focus on. Then work on the 3rd.
  • Options
    I finish in the 30's consistently in my fleet. My shard isn't very active thankfully. Using chimera, biggs/vader/ghost, first reinforcement is Phantom, fo tie, tie slicer. Slave 1 fell out of favor with me, but is 6* so if I gear Boba up for my bh team then I can shift to him. Would also like to get Hounds Tooth when farmable, but not a top priority depending where he goes. So I haven't been forced to invest more in my fleet.

Hard nodes: definitely focusing on dn/ds. That's my arena team and I'm not chasing the bastila Jedi to replace. But I recognize the value of bastila so wanted to get her fast too. If I need gear though (like when I unlocked cls) I sacrifice her nodes.

Bh's, bossk isn't needed, I know, but he makes bh better everywhere in the game. But I'm also trying to get 5 bh outside of him in case chewy comes back before I can get bossk 7*. I've watched the videos on how it was done with Boba fett. I'd like to avoid the RNG fest if I can.

So in another thread, I asked about Ibat vs jtr leadership zeta for my next zeta (vs thrawn for arena team) and it was heavily in the favor of jtr over Ibat. But I was really thinking Ibat next. I just solo'd the rancor today with my new cls, and looking to get to the top of haat.

So you think I should go solo (qi'ra /l3) before building up ns (acolyte) OR before getting fox within cantina?
    My enfys nest is sadly 4*, g10 (have had pieces to get to g11), but since I can't get to her fleet hard node, it will be months before I can even think of farming her. She's the first character I'm tempted buying from shipments... But I'm sure she can essentially carry the smugglers.

I have that haat team all 7*, I would just need the zetas and gear. I've watched the strategy videos of that team.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Only reason I suggest Qi’ra and L337 first is to give you a Team to get the loot from the recurrent “Smugglers Run” —> This will pay for itself over time. And you can’t build up loads of teams at the same time.

You need x5 7* Smugglers —> Your Vets are 2. Raid Han your MVP, yours is only 5*? Hopefully you are close to 6* and are getting top 3 on Heroic Rancor :)
    Qi’ra = Leader. L337 your tank.

p.s. I understand what you mean about Bossk! I run the TM (TDetonator) team I described above....but am personally torn between farming Bossk or Jolee now that I’ve finished Bastila.....

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Only reason I suggest Qi’ra and L337 first is to give you a Team to get the loot from the recurrent “Smugglers Run” —> This will pay for itself over time. And you can’t build up loads of teams at the same time.

You need x5 7* Smugglers —> Your Vets are 2. Raid Han your MVP, yours is only 5*? Hopefully you are close to 6* and are getting top 3 on Heroic Rancor :)

p.s. I understand what you mean about Bossk! I run the TM (TDetonator) team I described above....but am personally torn between farming Bossk or Jolee now that I’ve finished Bastila.....

I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain you only need your smugglers at 6* for the highest tier, which cuts way down on the necessary farming if you're just building the team for that event.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Makes sense... Although I thought the general consensus was the smugglers run event was lackluster rewards?
    If I can make it when my guild runs pit (7pm my time, so depending on dinner/family obligations) we have several guys that solo it, so before I got cls I didn't have a team that could solo it, meaning I'd usually finish in the top 10 if I played. But just last night I did my first solo and took 2nd place. That being said, I'm still at 33/85, so if I take get 20 shards/week I'll get him to 6* in 3 weeks or so. But the other poster is right, that event only need 6*.

If you want to get old Republic ready, go Jolee. You have a bh team strong enough that bossk is a luxury. I'm just building my bh team so I can build it around bossk

• MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I’m about 3 months ahead of you, and ironically closely in the same boat with the execpetion I can have my BH team finished off to get a 7* chewie with 2 weeks of work. (currently have a 6 Star) . Also my gear levels are a bit neglected on arena toons. My plan after obtaining JTR this week is to focus on farming OR toons which I have not started yet except for Jolee who is nearly 5* and the rest were unlocked my marquee events . Smugglers event ....bleh. No rush on that you will be able to do the 2nd teir easy once your vets are there.

My advise would be to immediately work on JTR requirements as it looks like your vets needs a little to get to the point to obtain the vet pack , then work on your BH team Including bossk including his zeta as his ship is amazing at 3*, keeping working on gearing your arena team gear while farming on OR characters.
    Then gear luke and jtr in the background (which is what I’m also planning to do).
  • Options
    I would put bhs as the next pillar. I did ns before them but that was before chewie. I had time to get bossk and 7 star chewie but I've been playing since nov 2016 so I'm finally to the speculation farming pillar. Currently OR even before Revan was announced with a slight pause to finish bossk in time for chewie.

But bhs not only get you chewie but are good in most paets of the game including the str. And you get chewie as a bonus when he comes back. That gives you a 4th smuggler so you only need to farm one more to 6 star to max out that event.

After that either ns, bastilla jedi, or chex would be the next.

As for a cantina farm, if you aren't doing OR yet, you coukd do Captain Han Solo. He's likely needed for Jedi Luke who could still come in Dec. Also hoda out of guild event is good for the raid and also a speciation toon. But t3 is also only 12 energy so you could get him out of the way.

• Options
    MuCuS wrote: »
    I’m about 3 months ahead of you, and ironically closely in the same boat with the execpetion I can have my BH team finished off to get a 7* chewie with 2 weeks of work. (currently have a 6 Star) . Also my gear levels are a bit neglected on arena toons. My plan after obtaining JTR this week is to focus on farming OR toons which I have not started yet except for Jolee who is nearly 5* and the rest were unlocked my marquee events . Smugglers event ....bleh. No rush on that you will be able to do the 2nd teir easy once your vets are there.

My advise would be to immediately work on JTR requirements as it looks like your vets needs a little to get to the point to obtain the vet pack , then work on your BH team Including bossk including his zeta as his ship is amazing at 3*, keeping working on gearing your arena team gear while farming on OR characters.
    Then gear luke and jtr in the background (which is what I’m also planning to do).

2nd tier is a waste. I could do it with g1 vets and g10 nest. But you get 3 and 4 dot mods. Although I got a +9 and +7 speed mods from it yesterday so I guess it's not useless for my side pieces.

My vets are 50/100. If I kept farming them I'd finish a day after the jtr event, so I've stopped farming and will buy the pack. $30 is worth 3 months of jtr.

My problem with OR toons and farming is the hard node farms. Yes, you get two nodes, but there are still 3 of them on hard nodes (bastila, Jolee, big z)? I have arena priorities, so until I finish sion and nihilus I won't be going hard for the OR. But maybe by the time I finish bh we will know the revan requirements and I can strive to get him 2nd time around.
  • Options
    I would put bhs as the next pillar. I did ns before them but that was before chewie. I had time to get bossk and 7 star chewie but I've been playing since nov 2016 so I'm finally to the speculation farming pillar. Currently OR even before Revan was announced with a slight pause to finish bossk in time for chewie.

But bhs not only get you chewie but are good in most paets of the game including the str. And you get chewie as a bonus when he comes back. That gives you a 4th smuggler so you only need to farm one more to 6 star to max out that event.

After that either ns, bastilla jedi, or chex would be the next.

As for a cantina farm, if you aren't doing OR yet, you coukd do Captain Han Solo. He's likely needed for Jedi Luke who could still come in Dec. Also hoda out of guild event is good for the raid and also a speciation toon. But t3 is also only 12 energy so you could get him out of the way.

Ugh, I'm tired of the Jedi Luke speculation. Idk if I'm gonna chase that dragon. But yeah, chs may be required for the tb again someday too. But I'm not ready to give up gear with GET and farm Hoda, and he is more likely than chs to be needed for him.

Yeah, I think the writing is pretty clear, bounty hunters is vital part of the game and will be my 4th dark side team for tb/tw (empire, sith... I split my arena team cause ep/ds/dn can beat essentially any wave I can face with them, then dv/thrawn/gmt do a pretty good job too, first order)
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I’m with you on that . Jedi luke speculation and I bet ya it if ever happens it’s going to require 3 toons not even released yet .

OR doesn’t seem like a fun farm to me but it’s probably going to be more fruitful vs chasing the jedi luke speculation. Anywho, good point on the second time around for any of this . BH are a solid investment.
  • Options
    I’m with you on that . Jedi luke speculation and I bet ya it if ever happens it’s going to require 3 toons not even released yet .

OR doesn’t seem like a fun farm to me but it’s probably going to be more fruitful vs chasing the jedi luke speculation. Anywho, good point on the second time around for any of this . BH are a solid investment.

Ugh, Jedi revan requirements... Smh.

Idk the best way to farm these hard node characters. Cantina characters will be easy and able to get in about a month each (28ish days for mission, 24ish days for t3). Hard nodes, assuming they stay at 8 attempts. I'm debating if it's starting to be 'worth' it to do the 100 crystal regular energy refreshes to expand the farms to include Jolee and Big Z, and I guess 3 100 crystal fleet energy refreshes, cause at 2.4 shards a day per hard node, doing each characters, you are looking at 70 days each characters if you use both nodes.
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Idk the best way to farm these hard node characters. Cantina characters will be easy and able to get in about a month each (28ish days for mission, 24ish days for t3). Hard nodes, assuming they stay at 8 attempts. I'm debating if it's starting to be 'worth' it to do the 100 crystal regular energy refreshes to expand the farms to include Jolee and Big Z, and I guess 3 100 crystal fleet energy refreshes, cause at 2.4 shards a day per hard node, doing each characters, you are looking at 70 days each characters if you use both nodes.

Right now the 699 crystal faction pack isn't a horrible deal if you still need all of them. If you get 15 shards or so which is like 30% likely it makes the cost per shard not much more than the 100 energy refresh and you can get lucky and get more.
  • Options

Right now the 699 crystal faction pack isn't a horrible deal if you still need all of them. If you get 15 shards or so which is like 30% likely it makes the cost per shard not much more than the 100 energy refresh and you can get lucky and get more.

$3 a day over two months sounds better than like $200 in one day...
  • Options

I spend $0 but i get high ranks in both arenas. I buy the 50 crystal refreshes and the 100 energy cantina refreshes everyday with tgat but still have 200 to 300 crystals left after that each day. With that using them to buy the pack for crystals isn't a bad deal if you still need shards for all 5 characters.
  • Options

I spend $0 but i get high ranks in both arenas. I buy the 50 crystal refreshes and the 100 energy cantina refreshes everyday with tgat but still have 200 to 300 crystals left after that each day. With that using them to buy the pack for crystals isn't a bad deal if you still need shards for all 5 characters.

I finish top 200 squad, occasionally top 100, and top 50 in fleet, so my crystal income is roughly 250-300 a day. My crystal expense is typically 450 (3x50 regular, 3x100 cantina) so I'm purchasing about $1 of crystals a day (the $20 box is 140 crystals/1$, the $100 is 157per).

But to use that pack to get enough shards of the toons, you either have to have 30k crystals stored up or drop like $200+ (there's a thread with the math in the general discussion)
  • Options

I finish top 200 squad, occasionally top 100, and top 50 in fleet, so my crystal income is roughly 250-300 a day. My crystal expense is typically 450 (3x50 regular, 3x100 cantina) so I'm purchasing about $1 of crystals a day (the $20 box is 140 crystals/1$, the $100 is 157per).

But to use that pack to get enough shards of the toons, you either have to have 30k crystals stored up or drop like $200+ (there's a thread with the math in the general discussion)

Yeah if you only have enough for the first energy refreshes, that's the way to go. I'm not dropping enough on the crystal packs to let it get me revan the first time. But the packs are a better deal than the second tier of energy refreshes. So I use the packs for that.
  • Options

Yeah if you only have enough for the first energy refreshes, that's the way to go. I'm not dropping enough on the crystal packs to let it get me revan the first time. But the packs are a better deal than the second tier of energy refreshes. So I use the packs for that.

Yeah, makes sense. I recently bought a vault that I was planning on lasting me like 3 months, but I'm tempted to buy like 20 packs...
  • Options

Yeah, makes sense. I recently bought a vault that I was planning on lasting me like 3 months, but I'm tempted to buy like 20 packs...

Yeah I don't think I could buy a vault and not spend it quickly.
  • Options
    I've been good, except I did buy the cantina energy packs to help my vet farm.

I'm just trying not to look at my crystal total, just playing the game as I always have