Hk-47 Old Republic Tag?

Pan2218
496 posts Member
edited October 2018
So with the anticipation of Revan making his way to SWGOH, longtime & often overlooked HK-47 was the only Old Republic Toon since I began playing spring of '17. Can we give him that tag finally?

Replies

• Options
    Nope because he is of the sith empire which will become a tag later on
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I do believe that there will be DS Kotor & if so possibly Jedi & Darth Revan. Which correct, he can be tagged there, but he is still Old Republic & we have T3 & soon to come Revan whom he worked for, I just feel that the Old Republic tag applies. Whether DS or LS, it should still be applicable Tho I also thought CLS should have the Jedi tag. But thanks for the reminder, quite possibly right
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Lol I was just thinking that DT, Sion, Nihlface, & Visas are also Old Republic & do not get that tag either. With the Triumvirate solely Sith. Meaning I could be way off, but him & T3 should be a tandum
  • Options
    Typherrion wrote: »

HK was never a part of the Sith Empire, and he was as much a member of the Old Republic as Mission and Zaalbar, so he SHOULD have the tag.
  • Options
    Tags to do not have be exclusive to LS or DS... The Droids' Tag (I guess the only faction one) applies to both LS and DS characters.
  • Options

HK was never a part of the Sith Empire, and he was as much a member of the Old Republic as Mission and Zaalbar, so he SHOULD have the tag.

Agreed!
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thought this might be worth bringing back up, since now there’s a DS Bastila Character with the Old Republic tag (along with Canderous Ordo also being a DS character with the OR tag.)

So, two things have now been defined about this:

1) OR tag can be both LS and DS characters, similar to how the Droids faction tag was mentioned earlier.

2) It’s classified as an “Era Faction,” since Bastila (Fallen) abandoned the Jedi and was no longer associated with the Old Republic as a National Faction, like how the Galactic Republic tag works for Clones and “modern” Jedi. (New Bastila doesn’t hold the Jedi tag)

Point: HK, Visas, DN, Traya, Sion, Sith Trooper, Marauder, and Assassin deserve the OR tag. As a side note, for future launches of Revan’s Ancient Journey, the requirements could just be limited to the specific original OR toons, like CLS’s journey needed specific individuals as opposed to a general “faction.”
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • DengarsDumpTruck
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I just want HK to get a rework if he got tagged as sith (which I don't think is outrageous) or OR that would be great but the one he deserves most is BOUNTY HUNTER... Right? Am I crazy to think that this is a travesty? Also to almost the same extent... scoundrel! He's the most undertagged toon in the game and I hope an eventual rework will make him the most plug and play toon on at least the darkside if not overall.

But to the players that think he wasn't ever part of the sith empire... He was Revan's number one go to assassin from post mandolorian wars to the battle where his/hers memory was wiped. Or am I rememebring that wrong?
    I know he didn't practice sith teaching or force use, but he's a droid and probably pretty close to what C3P0 would have come out as if little Anakin had been born on Korriban(spelling?) A few thousand years earlier... Am I right? 😅
  • Options
    Knowing CG/EA they will add more dark side characters with old republic tag, most likely for a Malak or Darth Revan release, they still won’t give HK , Sith Assassin, or Sith Trooper the tag. Then, after their metrics show that either people stopped spending to get the new character, or the vast majority of players have them THEN at that point all the characters “missing” the tag will get it.
    Name in game is Gernak ally code is 977-346-924
  • Options
    HK47 and Visas need the Old Republic tag. And Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Sion, Nihilus, and Traya.

But for sure HK47 if the OR tag is simply being applied to direct contact with Revan.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    HK47 and Visas need the Old Republic tag. And Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Sion, Nihilus, and Traya.

But for sure HK47 if the OR tag is simply being applied to direct contact with Revan.

OR tag & synergy with T3. If not, then what is the point right?
  • Options
    I just want HK to get a rework if he got tagged as sith (which I don't think is outrageous) or OR that would be great but the one he deserves most is BOUNTY HUNTER... Right? Am I crazy to think that this is a travesty? Also to almost the same extent... scoundrel! He's the most undertagged toon in the game and I hope an eventual rework will make him the most plug and play toon on at least the darkside if not overall.

But to the players that think he wasn't ever part of the sith empire... He was Revan's number one go to assassin from post mandolorian wars to the battle where his/hers memory was wiped. Or am I rememebring that wrong?
    I know he didn't practice sith teaching or force use, but he's a droid and probably pretty close to what C3P0 would have come out as if little Anakin had been born on Korriban(spelling?) A few thousand years earlier... Am I right? 😅

You are not crazy, he should have scoundrel as well as OR. My main thing is that he & T3 have no synergy & often were together.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Thought this might be worth bringing back up, since now there’s a DS Bastila Character with the Old Republic tag (along with Canderous Ordo also being a DS character with the OR tag.)

So, two things have now been defined about this:

1) OR tag can be both LS and DS characters, similar to how the Droids faction tag was mentioned earlier.

2) It’s classified as an “Era Faction,” since Bastila (Fallen) abandoned the Jedi and was no longer associated with the Old Republic as a National Faction, like how the Galactic Republic tag works for Clones and “modern” Jedi. (New Bastila doesn’t hold the Jedi tag)

Point: HK, Visas, DN, Traya, Sion, Sith Trooper, Marauder, and Assassin deserve the OR tag. As a side note, for future launches of Revan’s Ancient Journey, the requirements could just be limited to the specific original OR toons, like CLS’s journey needed specific individuals as opposed to a general “faction.”

Appreciate the insight!
  • Options
    I think it’s ridiculous to propose that HK gets any of the following tags:

Sith, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter
    @DengarsDumpTruck

1) he was not a Sith, in any sense of the word. He was employed / owned by a Sith. He didn’t practice any of the teachings, follow any of the beliefs, or have any connection to the Dark Side of the Force in any way, regardless of his natural affinity / history of “Dark Side” identification.

2) he was not a contractor chasing bounties or “for hire.” He was owned, and assigned specific tasks and missions as an assassin. He was utilized as a tool, unlike IG who followed his own directives as a bounty hunter.

3) Scoundrel is just fishing for a tag because he doesn’t really fit into any others. He wasn’t an “outlaw criminal,” as a part of the smuggling underworld, mercenary work, or any other form of independent affiliation. He was a droid. Owned by a Sith. Used as tool for assassinations.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options

What? How did this even get a like? Did you play the game or are you just saying things?

Let me try, the sky is blue because its a reflection of the water.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    I think it’s ridiculous to propose that HK gets any of the following tags:

Sith, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter
    @DengarsDumpTruck

1) he was not a Sith, in any sense of the word. He was employed / owned by a Sith. He didn’t practice any of the teachings, follow any of the beliefs, or have any connection to the Dark Side of the Force in any way, regardless of his natural affinity / history of “Dark Side” identification.

2) he was not a contractor chasing bounties or “for hire.” He was owned, and assigned specific tasks and missions as an assassin. He was utilized as a tool, unlike IG who followed his own directives as a bounty hunter.

3) Scoundrel is just fishing for a tag because he doesn’t really fit into any others. He wasn’t an “outlaw criminal,” as a part of the smuggling underworld, mercenary work, or any other form of independent affiliation. He was a droid. Owned by a Sith. Used as tool for assassinations.

I thought scoundrel was reaching, but made more sense than BH. As you said..that was not his profession. Sith is totally wrong as he was a droid.
    I just think that he deserves the OR tag & a significant synergy w/t3.
  • Options
    What about Fallen Bastila Shan? She is also a Sith which could get Sith Empire tag instead of Old Republic tag. If it wouldn't change HK-47 should get the tags #Sith Empire and #Old Republic. Darth Revan should just get the tag #Old Republic if Bastila Shan Fallen just get #Old Republic tag.