Bastila v NS with Zombie - strats?

Vendea
39 posts Member
edited October 2018
I currently run zBastila - GK - Hyoda - GMY - Ezra in Arena. Now that I'm hitting lower ranks more NS teams are popping up and I'm trying to come up with a strategy to beat them. Just fought one with Daka - MT - Asajj - Zombie - Acolyte. Zombie was g11 with all abilities maxed, I believe. The first time I fought them, I went straight for zombie. Killed her four times in a row. First time she had one green stack of endless horde. Then zero, then 1 red, 2 red, and the fourth time she died with 2 red stacks of endless horde. If I'm reading her kit correctly, this should have meant that she stayed dead, but instead she revived. Still with 2 red stacks of endless horde. So I started going after Daka instead. Killed her once, Zombie revived her and erased the stacks. Eventually I just didn't have the firepower to stand against the team and lost.
Second time around I figured I get zombie's two revives out of the way, then kill zombie with her -2 stacks of endless horde and then kill everyone else. So I killed daka once, killed asajj once, killed zombie a few times in between as required by her taunt. Both revived as expected. Then I killed zombie a few more times, killed her with -2. She again revived with -2. Killed Daka again. Now she stayed dead and only revived with MT's Great Mother ability once, until she was permanently revived after MT used spirit blade assault.
So two questions: Is the new zombie bugged? Shouldn't she stay dead after being killed with -2 endless horde? I just want to have some more experienced eyes on this before I cry "bug."
The other question is - what is the strategy for dealing with NS teams with the new zombie? I'm thinking at this point take out the weakest one first to get rid of zombie's revives, then kill MT, then Daka, then cleanup.

Any advice / input is appreciated.

Edit: Did a more careful reading of zombie's kit and realized that the reviving at two negative stacks of endless horde is not a bug. dutifully slapped self on wrist. Still looking for strategy advice though.
Post edited by Vendea on

Replies

• Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Not a bug just the new kit. Once g10 she revives after being killed twice. She also takes two for the team. Meaning the first two killed that aren’t the zombie defeat her instead of who you targeted. This would also reset if you have her down 100% speed so you don’t want to target her first unless she is below G10.

Strategy will vary depending who you face. I personally just fracture with thrawn but with Jedi??? Maybe JKA with buff immunity if talia isn’t there. You obviously have dispell in your squad for the taunt as well. I’m still working that part myself so maybe someone else can weigh in with advice there.
  • Options
    As long as your tenacity is hi enough to avoid getting plagued, just play the long game, killing asaj first x2 to avoid rampage spooling up too hi while you take out zombie’s resurrection charges. Then hard kill Daka, Asaj, Mt, acolyte then zombie. Once asaj goes down it’s pretty much game over. The hardest part will be controlling the revives until then, so you may want to swap old Ben for GK for his push back/ability block. If you still can’t beat them, maybe throw in thrawn so you can fracture either asaj or Daka to prevent their Tm gain while you knock out zombie’s free revives.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's probably smarter to kill assaj first, but i just brute force zombie once, then kill daka 3 times, assaj, talzin, then auto it so my yoda gets enough turns in to kill the stealthed acolyte. So far I've been alright but i may not be fighting the toughest acolytes because pre change i couldn't aoe her down and had to just sub in my own assaj. Really annoying that the mt zets assist hits before acolyte eating my evasion so acolyte can deal damage and heal up.