R2-D2 and JTR in TW

Where to use R2-D2 in TW?

With CLS? or JTR?

And how to use JTR?
Offense? or Defense?
And with whom?

JTR BB-8 should be fixed.
Rest of slots could be filled with Resistance allies or Droid allies.

I’m planning to use JTR with BB R2 L3 T3. Is it good in TW?

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    For O I run JTR BB R2 Holdo Scav Rey. D I swap in Nest for Scav Rey.
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I run defence JTR with R2 BB8 Scav Rey and Nest. If I had the choice I would enjoy Holdo as she provides even more defensive viability.

I overall wouldnt use R2 in rebels because they have other options whilst maintaining similarish levels of viability. Mainly they have Chaze, which whilst not optimal are still no pushovers, heck Chewie makes Chirrut harder to kill because of guard.

I dont think that L3 is bad in the team, but do think she offers better synergy elsewhere. I love using her in my standard scoundrel team
    Qira, L3, zVandor, Baalzar and zMission. I believe Nest improves resistance defensive viability more than I think it would have any additional improvement to what Mission does in the team

Holdo I think has one of the best hard nodes in the game, offering 2 decent gear options on top of her character shards, so if you long farm her, it wont be a bad investment
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yes on Holdos node. I miss all of the stun guns I got from farming her. She is a Very good tank for JTR teams in both TW, Arena and raid. Ive gotten lazy with my arena team but my JTR still hold top 100 and I never even bothered to move my real arena mods.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I save R2 for attack with my JTR squad... which, speaking of, I don’t remember the last time I saw her placed on D. She’s always on offense for us.