Dooku is fine as he is...

In my opinion, dooku is one of the most balanced characters in the game. He is by no means OP, but he serves his purpose fantastically, which is to reduce enemy damage output in the first round by stunning a Jedi threat (QGJ). He is fast, which means he's able to fill this role perfectly. Despite this, he is extremely squishy and is very lacklustre in the damage department. He can be killed very easily (one GS assist is enough) which means that the counters won't mess you up at all. Although his early stun is reliable against Jedi, yoda is the perfect counter with QGJ leader. Yoda will go first, giving tenacity up (although this will only happen on offence) which means dooku's stun probably won't land. His turn meter gain on counters and assists give him a chance to do a bit more damage and gain more turns to help out with damage in your team, but will do not much more. He will often be dead after 1 turn, and by then, he will have already served his purpose.
I don't understand how everyone thinks he is OP and needs a nerf. Surley there must be the majority of more experienced players to back me up on this. Right?

Replies

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is fine. How often do you see him in a top 10 rank party on established servers?

I see 3 QGJ, Daka for every 1 Dooku lol
  • Options
    I, personally, use dooku becuase of the sheer amount of QGJ lead squads in the top ten (at least 5-6 all the time). There are probably 3 or 4 dooku's in our top 15
  • Options
    I run HK, 86, 88, Poggle and Dooku. Dooku's sole purpose is to stun the opposing QGJ lead, giving me time to set up my Droid assault.

Usually gets me to top 5 by rewards time, not 1st since HK and 88 aren't 7*

If anything Dooku needs a health buff.
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I personally find Dooku to be one of the most annoying characters to fight against lol. AI uses him the best of all toons, and the relentless multi attacks (especially with Phasma at lead), turn meter manipulation, and stuns are just a pain!.. especially when he just happens to stun your most important ally/allies. And it's even worse when paired with Daka, ohhh the stuns :D

And the counters do add up, especially when he crits or has Poggle's offense buff. People are usually forced to go for him last (or near last) simply because there are usually more pressing threats on the enemy team (i.e. Daka, Rey, GS, etc...)

Oh, and you're right. It does somewhat balance out considering he's quite squishy :D
  • Options
    Dooku seems fine for me, i use dooku only because i dont have many Chars atm lol
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    When I fight Dooku, i simply ignore him until i kill every other squishy. I do not use aoe excluding phasma's slow, so he barely counters me at all.
    I usually try to hit him with fat abilities, like luminara ability block, when I do go for him.

He's a cool character. Has a very particular style and is appropriately strong. I wish more characters were as balanced as him.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku get's his bad OP rep because it seems players forget he is the anti class to Jedi and requires strategy to combat him instead of face rolling the phone. GS is one of many counter class that usually instantly ends Dooku's dancing parade.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I run HK, 86, 88, Poggle and Dooku. Dooku's sole purpose is to stun the opposing QGJ lead, giving me time to set up my Droid assault.

Usually gets me to top 5 by rewards time, not 1st since HK and 88 aren't 7*

If anything Dooku needs a health buff.

Good lineup. I call it The Separatist team :)
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    it is not that his is OP, it's just that RNG favors AI, so AI dooku stuns my QGJ/Lumi almost 100% time.
  • Mako482
    84 posts Member
    Options
    If you have Dooku on your team you know why. Playing against AI Dooku is stupid and game breaking. He bonus attacks like 80-90%.