Mk5 fusion is a true P2W paywall

I have 26 toons gated behind g8 because of the mk5 furnace only available through raid drops or by in the shop. That is worse then stun guns or carbantis at least those are farmable. You are also not guaranteed a furnace drop in the raid rewards.

Some of these are main toons needed for other areas CLS half of the following phoenix, first order, rebels, bounty hunters and the sith are locked at g8 because of the furnace. Those squads are important for various events so its not like it is some throw away toon. 26 toons equals 1300 furnace salvage I can only imagine how long an F2P would have to play to manage to get that many parts for that furnace so they can move theirs squads past g8.

In my personal opinion this is a deliberate paywall worse then stun guns or carbantis because there isnt a single farmable location for them other then through raids or gem purchase. They may pop up in some of the other stores from time to time but its always rare and takes alarge amount of whatever currency that store uses.

CG this does nothing but hurt the community I counted 26 out of mine im sure out of all the toons that we have the number would 80 to 100. Also for those who say prioritize I take it you mean make a good choice that month long grind for the furnace because it will be another month maybe longer before you get another one ready.

Its about time to start dropping these ridiculous numbers down from 50 to 25 or 20 if you are going to make it that hard to obtain an item that essentials locks alot of toons at g8. This is yet another reason why new players don't last in this game. If a level 85 vet has a hard time getting his hands without spending then the new players is just going to say screw it and move on which is exactly happening.

Wake Up CG these ridiculous gear bottlenecks purposefully put in place is doing nothing but hurting the vast majority of the community.

Replies

• Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tell me about it. It’s been a known fact for a long long long time that gear and ability mats are the worst grinds in this game. Everything else is ... tolerable.

Harsh fact; They know. It’s all according to plan.
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    While I agree whole heartedly with you Warp3dM1ed, and feel your pain, I am afraid to say that this issue has been brought up thousands of times before.

And just like every other time, it is sad to say that, even if the development team does read this post, that's all they will do, read it and ignore it.

Problem being is that for those who have payed money for the gear will feel hard done by if they all of a sudden made it more accessible.

My advice to you is try to get into a guild were everyone does their 600 tickets per day to maximize the amount of raids you do, and sometimes pray to RNGesus.

Be savey with your crystals. You only need 1 normal energy refresh per day to hit 600 tickets and you will earn more then that in a normal day of TW doings if you do all of your dailies.

God speed to you son. I wish you well.

Kind regards
    Panamax
  • Options
    Yea u think it's bad now? Wait until literally all of your toons need 100-150 stun guns to go from g11-g12. Please don't cry about furnaces..u can get them in multiple shops and rancor which most guilds do 3x a week. Stun guns are by far the biggest bottleneck in the game. You have to pray for a drop in rancor, or shard shop..or waste your gold in guild events store..or crystals in shipments. You lost me when u said furnaces are worse than stun guns and carbantis.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    This hasn't been a problem for me for a while tbh. They added the rancor exclusive gear to the guild store which made it alot more managable.
    That said, i too think it serves minimal to no purpose to gate g8/9 gear.
  • Options
    Go easy Jt2424
    They guy was reaching out. Clearly frustrated with the epic grind.

Given stun guns and carbanti are another evil entirely, does not mean his emidiate concerns are not valid.

@OP As Boov has said, you will turn the corner on this if you keep chipping away

I am fortunate to have 100 furnace salvage on standby currently
  • Options
    Get HRancor on farm. You will never complain about furnaces again. Seriously.

Vader Lead, zCLS, Bb-8, Tarkin, Thrawn. There’s your solo the Rancor in less than 6 minutes team. You only need a zeta on IBAT.
  • Options
    We understand your pain.

Be assured that this particular pain will pass, and move somewhere else. Like Droid Callers, Stun Guns, or Gold Eyeballs. Grumbling Carbanti-related discomfort shall become chronic. And we haven't even talked about the growing list of single hard-node farms.

All that we know is that pain remains...forever. Suffer it, safe in the knowledge that whale-sized Ibuprofen is really expensive.
  • Options
    We usually do 2 hpits a week and the furnace seems to rarely drop. Others in my guild say the same
    Its a total load of bollocks
  • Options
    Believe it or not, the furnace crunch goes away. But it gets replaced by other stuff. You will always need some kind of gear.
  • Options
    Not a launch day player but been playing for about 2 years, furnaces is not the bottle neck, got 700++ salvage spare. Stun guns and Golden Balls on the other hand...
  • Options
    I remember when I was gearing up Phoenix and I actually had to farm Mk IV laptops from nodes instead of challenges. I laugh at it now because I have 300+ and growing.

There's always one piece that stunts your roster development as they start reaching gear tiers in clusters.
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I have 26 toons gated behind g8 because of the mk5 furnace only available through raid drops or by in the shop. That is worse then stun guns or carbantis at least those are farmable. You are also not guaranteed a furnace drop in the raid rewards.

Some of these are main toons needed for other areas CLS half of the following phoenix, first order, rebels, bounty hunters and the sith are locked at g8 because of the furnace. Those squads are important for various events so its not like it is some throw away toon. 26 toons equals 1300 furnace salvage I can only imagine how long an F2P would have to play to manage to get that many parts for that furnace so they can move theirs squads past g8.

In my personal opinion this is a deliberate paywall worse then stun guns or carbantis because there isnt a single farmable location for them other then through raids or gem purchase. They may pop up in some of the other stores from time to time but its always rare and takes alarge amount of whatever currency that store uses.

CG this does nothing but hurt the community I counted 26 out of mine im sure out of all the toons that we have the number would 80 to 100. Also for those who say prioritize I take it you mean make a good choice that month long grind for the furnace because it will be another month maybe longer before you get another one ready.

Its about time to start dropping these ridiculous numbers down from 50 to 25 or 20 if you are going to make it that hard to obtain an item that essentials locks alot of toons at g8. This is yet another reason why new players don't last in this game. If a level 85 vet has a hard time getting his hands without spending then the new players is just going to say screw it and move on which is exactly happening.

Wake Up CG these ridiculous gear bottlenecks purposefully put in place is doing nothing but hurting the vast majority of the community.

It will ease, eventually. I had been there, now i have over 600/700. You will begin to suffer different bottlenecks over the time.
    EDIT: Start farming Hrancor as soon as you can, you will notice the difference.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Same, I have over 500 furnace salvage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CurryBeans wrote: »
    We usually do 2 hpits a week and the furnace seems to rarely drop. Others in my guild say the same
    Its a total load of bollocks

This right here we do Hpit and Htank and I have gotten 2 furnace salvage parts in total from all those raids. Im not sure where it said it was a given drop but its not. Yes I am feeling the stun gun crunch but that is at least semi farmable and the same with gold eyeballs and carbantis. I have 130 carbantis right now because even if I put them on the toon it still has to have a MK5 furnace to upgrade to the next level.

The argument that well all the people before you had to grind it out so you should have to as well is ridiculous. They keep moving the goalposts adding new toons but not relieving any of the burden of the gear crunch on certain pieces. Never have I played a game that lets you have 1000s of some gear but you cant do anything with them because they are literally not used anywhere. Even a crafting system would relieve some of the burden. Sure im beating a drum that many have beat before but I will keep beating it and trying tl get something changed.

Its like CG has a preloaded gear loadout that they throw on almost every new toon or toons needed for events and maybe they switch a few around but you can bet that it will have a furnace, carbanti, and stun gun to gate you. This isnt even being selective about your resources this is not pretty much not having them at all.

This not only just frustrates vets but whats worse is the new player we have gotten use to the **** ways of CG and how we have 100s of gear pieces but they manage to use the same few EVERYTIME. The new player wont be used to it and once he realizes how long it will take to say get an FO squad up to just G9 or Phoenix they just say to hell with it an quit.

*edit*
    Im tired of the mod who keeps moving my post. This post has nothing to do with where you put it. I put it in general because that is where people read the posts. You dont move other posts that are the same but then you move others. You guys move posts on topics that you dont want in the limelight. Seriously stop moving my **** posts.