Another day, another clock blocking log jam...

If I have to make a post every single day either until the day I die, or it gets fixed about how awful clock blocking is, I will. We need a payout system where the user selects his/her payout whenever they want as long as its within a 24 hour window. If you miss your window, too bad. That's how EA would save money on the idea, and the player would no longer have to deal with a constant log jam at the top of the arena every day. "Your opponent is already engaged in battle" is getting so annoying to see every single time I need to make my move. My team is certainly capable of taking over first place. It's just impossible to get there when people collude in order to lock everybody else out. And before you shard chat **** start telling me to find my shard chat, I already have. I'm in it, and it's useless. There are 37 of us in there with the exact same payout time.even with being in the shard chat, I'm still locked out of the top 10 most nights because 9 of the people in the chat are in the same guild, so of course they're going to look out for each other. This needs to stop! EA needs to look out for their loyal customers for once, a d change the shard payout system to an active/selective one as opposed to a passive/static one.

Replies

• Options
    Sucks to be you...
  • Options
    Write to your congressman to regulate video games. At least he/she will send you a response.
  • Options
    there is a novel idea try a rotation, there is even a discord bot that selects each days rotation for you
  • Options
    5 share my payout time.....37 seems massive!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    We should be able to pick a payout out of 24 hour window. I want one at the 25th hour.
  • Options
    A small feature that would at least make things less frustrating would be porting over the tw function where it greys out teams and tells you there is a battle in progress.

Another option to reduce click blocking would be requiring you to take an action every 1.5 minutes or have an auto draw early.
  • Options
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    My solution is the only one that effectively ends clock blocking and collusion.

There are many possible solutions to eliminate the need for time management strategies which are the driving incentive for shard mates to work together. However, your suggestion is not one of them.

Don't get me wrong, allowing people to select their own payouts is a truly great thing. Dinner/Family time payouts are horribly inconvenient for most. In fact, had I known of the payout system before I started, I would have started the game while using a proxy located in the area which had the most convenient payout for me.

All that said, it would not solve the need for time management strategies or eliminate the incentive for players to work together. Why? Here is what would happen in a typical organized shard chat if the change was implemented:

Step 1: Shard chats map out best payout times for all members schedules. They try to keep it to 2 people per payout for guaranteed lock assistance. Otherwise they minimize people per payout to maximize crystals for the chat members.
    Step 2: Shard chat executes organized plan. (Non chat members execute unorganized random selections resulting in some payouts being completely clogged while others are almost empty).
    Step 3: Shard chat members defend each other per normal.

With the time based requirement still in effect, nothing changes for the majority of the shard. If nothing else, it may actually make "clock blocking" into a worse problem.

This discussion has been closed.