Hurry up and wait..a day.

Prev1
As a major KOTOR fan, I couldn't be more excited for Revan. Just wanted to encourage everyone to wait for the kit reveal before going crazy. When I looked over JTR, I wasn't a huge fan. I decided not to farm the vets and I still don't have her today. Same with Wampa. They are both awesome, I just don't need them in my roster right now. I'm sure with the amount of money it will cost to get Revan, his kit will no doubt be CLS status. But that doesn't mean you need him this first time around. I got CLS the 2nd time around and used him in arena until Bastilla came out. He's still amazing over a year later. If you're close or have the cash to spare.. get on it! If not, no big! He will be back in a few months. Plenty of time to farm the crew at a normal and free pace.

Also, IMO, great team to farm/gear. Bastilla and Jolee are great for Jedi, T3 makes droids great again (😏🇺🇸) and the other two definitely have strong kits for just anything in the game. CLS had me farming Luke and STH. Toons I use for nothing 🙄 Could be worse!

Replies

• Options
    I think this release is a test. They are checking how many actual whales are there and how far they can push it. I hope this will fail horribly.
  • Options
    Lmao
  • Options
    Ha! Probably! That said..

If you've watched YouTube vids where someone whales on a Marquee character, the cost is typically $300 to get that toon to 7 stars. Yikes. But in this case with the pack at 699 crystals, half the price of a Marquee, you could potentially spend that same amount and get 5 toons to 7 stars if you've already been farming. Then, as a bonus, you get a 6th toon (hopefully OP) for free.

Marquee = 1 toon for $300
    Revan event = potentially 6 toons for $300ish

Not saying it's a wise way to spend, but it IS a smart way to whale.
  • Options
    Malachi wrote: »

If you've watched YouTube vids where someone whales on a Marquee character, the cost is typically $300 to get that toon to 7 stars. Yikes. But in this case with the pack at 699 crystals, half the price of a Marquee, you could potentially spend that same amount and get 5 toons to 7 stars if you've already been farming. Then, as a bonus, you get a 6th toon (hopefully OP) for free.

Your numbers are way, way off.
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I agree I think people need to relax until we actually see his Kit. It would be ironic if it turns out his kit is not even that good. Hopefully it is good. But we keep hearing how so-in-so character is going to be the next Traya Killer and nothing changes. I'm really curious to see how strong he's going to be in the meta.
  • exsul
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

300*5=1500\2=750$ and there is a minimum cup of 10 shards instead of 5 which means that ur drop rate gonna be better and u can save some money. So the final price is ~650
    edit: I forgot to say "if u will be lucky", cuz u cannot choose what character u will buy, it drops randomly and probably u will get a lot of shard shop currency. And with that fact the new final price will be ~1000$ and even more...
    Post edited by exsul on
  • Options
    Umm...the big whales and krakens already have these chars 7*d. Theyve had them since release. Im not sure who theyre targeting with this outside of light whales, dolphins, casual spenders, and F2P. Boy are they gonna be disappointed. Not only that, but **** off a lot of players in the process...

~D
  • Options
    Revan confrimed ? And other new chars ?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options

Lol $300.... I’m $300 in just to get 1x7* 2x 6* 2x5* lots of work to go this week and will probably be another $200 to finish off not to mention the gear level that’s gonna be needed and Zetas and omegas needed lol this is gonna crush peoples spirits!!! The only thing that will make this worse is if they did a Xmas Hero’s Fall and Darth Revan comes before the second round of hero Revan.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    I think this release is a test. They are checking how many actual whales are there and how far they can push it. I hope this will fail horribly.

I hope the same. As much I like this game to play it for 3 years....I hope this bites them in the rear end. I was gonna spend some money to get Revan..but decided I can no longer support a company that is blatantly looking for such a huge cash grab. Not everyone can afford to fork up $200 dollars, and while I certainly could if I choose to....I’m hopeing by more people refusing to do the same it will consequently result in the developers never doing this again.

Needed 2 toons is fine..I don’t mind spended money, but needed 5 toons that weren’t even added a month ago to hard nodes for an event and hat starts next week???No thanks EA!!!
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

My experience says your critique is wrong.

No, he is correct.....you spent $275 and had likely already started Jolee and had Bastila...
  • Options

Well, anecdotal experiences definitely trump hard math.....right?
  • Options
    oin44a1j825s.jpg

I had the entire crew at 4 star. Spent $275 and made it to the point where I can easily farm them to 7 star in the next two weeks. Two anecdotal experiences Trump the "hard math". In fact, since we recreated the same result twice using the same set of parameters.. that makes it science 😎
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

No, he is correct.....you spent $275 and had likely already started Jolee and had Bastila...

As everyone should have been doing, I was only farming them through nodes and I never even bought the marquee packs. Why wouldn't everyone be doing this?

Or I'm better at math and did that before electing to make my purchases and shocker, I was confirmed as right...

How are you "confirmed as right?"...... The guy you are agreeing with says you can get all five for $300...... You spent $275 and did a whack of farming and you are nowhere near 7* on all 5......
  • Options

As everyone should have been doing, I was only farming them through nodes and I never even bought the marquee packs. Why wouldn't everyone be doing this?

Or I'm better at math and did that before electing to make my purchases and shocker, I was confirmed as right...

How are you "confirmed as right?"...... The guy you are agreeing with says you can get all five for $300...... You spent $275 and did a whack of farming and you are nowhere near 7* on all 5......

You don't think I'll them all by 7* by event end especially if I spend another $25? Inaacurate thinking like yours is part of the problem with some complainers...

Instead of flapping your gums, why not show your math?
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Options
    He seems proud of spending that $275 😂
  • Options

You don't think I'll them all by 7* by event end especially if I spend another $25? Inaacurate thinking like yours is part of the problem with some complainers...

Where are you getting lost? The faction packs? Shards remaining? Or you can show me counter evidence?

You made a claim.... It's up to you to back it up....

How many refreshes are you doing each day?
    What are your drop rate assumptions?
    What are your assumptions in regards to faction packs?
    What is your crystal income?
    Are you buying crystals?

It's easy to start filling up a faction of 5 from faction packs when they are all needing shards..... A lot harder when 3 of them are 7 stars and you have to rely on getting the right characters from the pack etc......
  • Options
    Seems very suspicious. Ok u got double drop rate and half the price of normal packs now we can use some math and find out that the cost of 1 char will be 75$ and u'll pay 375$ for 5, but u forgot about duplicate shards which is crushes all that counting
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

I think you mean flapping your fingers. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    exsul wrote: »
    Seems very suspicious. Ok u got double drop rate and half the price of normal packs now we can use some math and find out that the cost of 1 char will be 75$ and u'll pay 375$ for 5, but u forgot about duplicate shards which is crushes all that counting

You do realize these are faction packs and not marquee packs...the drops are different (and higher). The fact that you overlooked that gives credence you have no idea what you're talking about...move along

I clearly said "Ok u got double drop rate and half the price of normal packs" that means that i'm talking about "Faction packs" for 699 crystals with posibillity of drop one of five different characters with average of 13 shards per pack.
  • Options
    Yeah, math wins here - the faction packs have an average shard total of about 14 shards per pack based on the published distribution (double the marquee packs).

Let's do a little math:

Let's say you've been diligent about your prep and you bought some crystals from shipments before they went to their farming locations, and you've also been hitting hard nodes and cantina with max low cost refreshes (for this example, we'll use the 25 and 50 crystal hard node refreshes, 3x50 standard energy refreshes and 3x100 cantina refreshes).

If you've done this, you're probably close enough to 5* on everyone right now. So, here we are on 10/8 needing 185 * 5 shards (925 total). Let's assume that 14 shard number from above (I trust the person who did the weighted average) and buy a couple of vaults. Two vaults nets us 31,420 crystals, which get us 45 faction packs (I borrowed 35 crystals from reserves to get there). Those 45 packs gets us (roughly) 126 crystals per toon (assuming an even distribution - 45 packs * 14 shards per pack / 5 toons). We needed 185, so now we need to find 185-126 = 59.

Would you look at that?!?!? There happen to be three packs in the store with 50 shards in them for a total of
    $75. Leaving you 45 shards to get across five farming locations in plenty of time.

Now, is $275 a fair price for you? Your call? Do we have any idea what the gear requirements are? Absolutely not. Is that the scariest thing about this expenditure? Why yes it is.

• Options

You do realize these are faction packs and not marquee packs...the drops are different (and higher). The fact that you overlooked that gives credence you have no idea what you're talking about...move along

I clearly said "Ok u got double drop rate and half the price of normal packs" that means that i'm talking about "Faction packs" for 699 crystals with posibillity of drop one of five different characters with average of 13 shards per pack.

The most common expected drop is 10, therefore 3 higher than that (13) shouldn't be hard to believe is my point. Why you are comparing other packs doesnt make sense.

I mean that u said u get average of 13 per pack and this is double compairing to normal marquee pack thats why ))