KOTOR Useful?

Austin9370
1509 posts Member
edited October 2018
First off, I've almost played for 3 years and have never whaled out. First time for everything I guess, but I don't want to focus on obtaining the characters, but their actual usage in game modes.

Obviously Bastila Shan is good, but I have no idea bout the other 4 and they are all sitting at gear VIII. Who is worth upgrading? Does the team work well together? Is it a good TW team? Who should I start gearing of the 4? I need some help, lol. Right now, I'm just hoarding gear until their is a clear direction to go.

Disclaimer: If I need these guys at gear XII for the Heroic journey I'll dig out my pitch forks with the rest of you.

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve heard that Zaalbar can be somewhat useful in territory battles or war. (I can’t keep them straight.) That’s about all I’ve heard.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Zaalbar- awesome tank. Less so for PVP, as he has nothing for a taunt, but he's got taunt constantly, a lot of heath, and can regen health and protection with a zeta

Jolee- meh. maybe put something together under QGJ, but not there's almost always something better

T3- upgrade to droids. but really a droid only toon

Mission- is a hard to kill attacker. like Zaalbar, doesn't bring enough in PVP, and all that hard to killness is overwhelmed. and there's better scroundrel attackers in PVE... while better than Jolee, not exceptional

Zaalbar, t3, and Mission seem to have zetas that very much improve their performance. And I think all of them have a place, but it's more edging out older toons than pushing the front
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Obviously Bastila Shan is good, but I have no idea bout the other 4 and they are all sitting at gear VIII. Who is worth upgrading? Does the team work well together? Is it a good TW team? Who should I start gearing of the 4? I need some help, lol. Right now, I'm just hoarding gear until their is a clear direction to go.

The team doesn't work well together as a whole, but they all seem to be interesting characters.

Besides Bastila Shan;

Zaalbar and Mission both seem great. Zaalbar is a great tank, and Mission is a huge dmg dealer, with the useful Blind ability. These two toons also have synergy with each other, and with other light side scoundrels, especially under a Qi'ra lead. Will be great for raids and TW.

T3 seems to have a great kit, that greatly increases droid dmg. The droids need some reworks and TLC first though. If they ever become meta, T3 will surely be part of it.

Not sure about Bindo. Looks like he can be useful.
    Post edited by plindboe on
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Zaalbar is an amazing tank in arena. I run pure scoundrels in an old shard. None are 7 star, only 2 at gear 11. I hold easily in the top 100 vs all meta teams. Zaalbar is the glue.
    Massive protection regen.
    Over 30k health and protection each at only 4 star.
    His special hits hard for a tank, counters and is decently fast.
    Just an opinion, but i would say one of the top 5 tanks in the game.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go Z, voa, bindo

but if you already have droids to plug t3 into, go ahead and do him before or after Z
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, so it sounds like there is at least use of these guys independently on other teams. Now for the big question, is there a consensus #2 target to gear after Bastila? I can take Jolee to gear XI soon as I get another 10 stun guns from gear VIII or is that a bad idea. My other characters are at gear VIII too. I'm just hoarding furnaces, cuffs, carbanitis, and all the other stuff I never have enough of for the time being.

I'd hoard. Every heroes journey so far has killed someone off or not had someone available.

I know people that had g11 zbb8 and expected him to carry them in the first jtr event.

Boy dis he get screwed when the hardest stage was finn scav and veteran chewie.
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm just gonna continue on Bastila(almost 6*). Then bindo, since I have him g8 alrdy, and have strong jedi. Then big Z, vao, and t3 last.. I'm sure I'll have revan in 6 months to a year.. he'll I still need JTR. I took a year off after i spent abput 500 on soth assassin and nihilus. about 6 months ago returned and had **** for first order and resistance, except kylo and scavy rey.. And had to farm for CLS first. Still just short of JtR this time around, which sux.. need about 250 shards for the vets still
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    I'm just gonna continue on Bastila(almost 6*). Then bindo, since I have him g8 alrdy, and have strong jedi. Then big Z, vao, and t3 last.. I'm sure I'll have revan in 6 months to a year.. he'll I still need JTR. I took a year off after i spent abput 500 on soth assassin and nihilus. about 6 months ago returned and had **** for first order and resistance, except kylo and scavy rey.. And had to farm for CLS first. Still just short of JtR this time around, which sux.. need about 250 shards for the vets still

Anyone else think we should just change ScavRey's name to scarvey?
  • Options
    To add to what everyone else said here, if I had a test account, I'd love to see a HK-47 lead team with BB8, R2, T3 and one other droid and see how they do. Probably 86 or GG.

I also would love to see how a Qi'ra team with Zaalbar, Mission and two other scoundrels would do. Obviously there are many you could throw in there, but Mission gives bonuses to Zaalbar, and he is probably the best scoundrel tank.

Jolee is useful on Jedi teams, if anything he is a second tank due to his crit avoidance being 100% and he can revive everyone if the other team doesn't kill him first. Put him on a team with old ben in TW and watch people curse.
  • Options
    Cool, so it sounds like there is at least use of these guys independently on other teams. Now for the big question, is there a consensus #2 target to gear after Bastila?

My #2 would equally be Mission and Zaalbar. And Qi'ra too. Here's why:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNc5WOHeIWA
  • Options
    Does anyone think that Bindo value will go up as more and more NS teams are starting to climb up in arena ranks?
    Him rezzing fallen Jedi allies could be difference maker as NS needs to be killed few extra times while taking heavy damage from plague.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    IG-88 led scoundrels with big Z, mission, wampa and and tank of some sort is pretty fun... or even Vandor to make them super tough

Fun team to throw in TW...
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Don't think Bindo will do anything against NS. They've got two stun on basics and tenacity down... The healing might bother them more
  • Options
    Qira Z mission vets
    Qira Z mission l3 ylando
    Qira Z mission yhan ylando
    Qira Z Embo Yhan Ylando
    The last one deals so much damage i would challenge any CLS team to hit harder

Bindo is a healer
    AI targets him first.
    One tank is not enough.
    Also plague will kill bindos rez jedi quickly.
    Healers are just horrible in this game.
    Rangetrooper is 500% more powerful than bindo.