Supply/demand?

Not sure why everyone is so surprised... I'm sure they have been trying to develop the character and the event for some time... BUT the Old Republic toons getting released on that many nodes that quick was nothing short of an obvious call to action. Any attempt to deny they were going to be required is kinda silly, imo.

Sure, the timing is really tough if one already stretched on Chewy and I would agree. I personally did not get Chewy at 7* (only 5*) because I did not follow the "squirrel" and continued to farm Old Republic.

The demand has been ridiculous for over a year. Searching for Revan posts here and other forums will take forever to read all of the requests. In every case I can remember, in order to have the new shiny character, it required some foresight, some timing, and some money.

This may be a little excessive, but it is every ones fault for filling the forums demanding Revan for 2 years that created the high price tag.
https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard

Replies

• Options
    This may be a little excessive, but it is every ones fault for filling the forums demanding Revan for 2 years that created the high price tag.

Dont say everyone. Just Revanites. But in spirit this is true. Revanites are the worst ;)

But i dont think anyone is surprised its gonna require Old Republic dudes. I think people are surprised thats its eight days away and popping up hardly a month after the toons went farmable.

As gamers we woe and moan to much, sure. But I dont think we should sit quietly while huge companies and their subdivisions employ predatory strategies on us. And day by day it seems like Star Wars fans get it the worst, but that may be a biased opinion. Personally im hopeing the whales can have some self control and they dont make the huge revenue boost they are hopeing for on these packs, however thats unlikely. I don't want this game to fail, but I dont want more like this.

Sure FTP should resource manage. Im FTP and have everything but Treya. Ill have to get Revan next time. I dont mind working on my OR guys, but this whole bit is just a little sceevey.

I really liked the post comparing it to Alcohol and Tobacco companies, yeah they run on humans addictive tendencies, but are frequently held responsible and slapped with regulation. When we get to the point where games are gonna need a loading screen that says "Hey dum dum! Don't get evicited because you dumpped a grand into microtransactions! Its just a game!" That's gonna be a problem and we are well on the way to that.

• Options
    It’s all about generating REVANue.