How do I change arena servers?

I’m on a December 2015 shard and for most of 2016/2017 I was a 50-100 or 20-50 player. In 2018 I’ve become a little more serious and in the first half of the year would finish in the 20-50 or 11-20 range. The second half of the year I’ve now been able to take 1st (if I want) but my shard chat has been closed for a long time (CubsFanHan’s server).

I have an out of shard chat agreement to not attack 1st/2nd and they let me take 3rd. Recently though I’ve been targeted by the shard chat and they’ve been constantly knocking me out of the top 10 whenever I try to climb.

There are only 3 of us at this payout time (Australia/Asia) and no one for hours after us. Just because the shard chat won’t accept me, even after repeated requests, and because I’m not a friendly, people whose payout can be much after mine are attacking me.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating! I might use a refresh moving from 20-30 to top 10, with the idea of pushing to 3rd for the day, only to have the shard chat kick me out of top 10 and I’m left battling to get back to top 10! Often I run out of time with all the back and forth.

Can CG move me to another server? I’m tired of the bullying!

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    You can't change shards, noone I ever know did including forums/reddit/numerous chats. You have a chance at one time only payout change if you appeal to customer service and that's a maybe only.
  • Options
    Unfortunately they cannot/will not because everyone will then want to move shards.

I myself as a player that returned a few months ago to a shard as old as yours, am dreading reaching the top of the arena (if I ever get there).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    You can't change shards, noone I ever know did including forums/reddit/numerous chats. You have a chance at one time only payout change if you appeal to customer service and that's a maybe only.

This, and unfortunately the one time change is only if you have moved in excess of 4 hours.
  • Options
    There is a whole set of vids on how to get an alt account with a better shard position. I did it, is labor intensive for about 6 weeks starting from scratch w multiple accounts. Still a gamble, I did a bit better. Frankly you are in a good position already. Even if it isn’t absolutely fair, players get to play w their friends and don’t have to cut the rest of us in. It is not bullying if that’s all there is to it.
  • Options
    I’m just wondering if I could get a devs response here or via private message? I understand your reluctance to respond directly via the forums re this request but just keep reading, please?

When I say I am being targeted by the arena chat far outside of their payout and during my own, I am not exaggerating. It has come to a point I have logged a ticket with “EA help” seeing if I could seek a resolution. I had some Indian support worker send me a standard email response about appreciating my feedback and how all feedback is good feedback, etc., and that my reporting the issue would help with similar issues to be reviewed with future game updates/patches. I was then offered 300 crystals as compensation.

Last week I had the shard chat target me in the final 1-2 hours before my payout and I spent a 50 crystal refresh for 5 more battles, then three 50 crystal refreshes to skip the next battle timer so I could climb again because a group were targeting me on purpose and kept attacking me before I could start the next battle. I kept getting “your ranked has changed” or “you are already engaged in a battle” when I tried to climb again, over and over. Out of pure principle I used two battle refreshes (50+100 crystals) and three timer refreshes (50+50+50) just to prove a point that I could finish 3rd. That day I only made 100 crystals, which I could’ve done better finishing between 20-50 than in 3rd place. Again, today I held 3rd with only a few minutes left before my payout and I’d used all my battles for the day and couldn’t lock my position. As usual I got sniped by someone whose payout is many, many hours after mine.

Let me be clear, I have approached 1st/2nd during my payout on discord and have an out of shard chat agreement that I leave them alone and they let me have 3rd. When you have a shard chat with their own agendas specifically targeting you then I don’t see why harassing behaviour should continue to go on being rewarded because the shard chat is locked and newcomers are banned from joining by the chats “enforcers”.

Even if you don’t respond here, please privately message me #devs #swgoh #CG_Carrie #CG #Capital Games
  • Options
    Don't use hash tag. It's @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    Good luck! Doubt they can do anything for you though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is no shard migration, they dont do that at all, at best we see time changes for different PO times, but you cannot be moved out of your shard.

It's not a solution but have you asked them why?

Knowing who is in your hour is only part of the equation, chats will also care about not messing up people who are in the hours past you, to the best extent possible. Maybe you attacked someone else that messed them up and now they are targeting you. Like I said not a solution but may help to at least discuss this with them....not that you should have to.
  • Options
    pwnthenubs wrote: »
    I’m just wondering if I could get a devs response here or via private message? I understand your reluctance to respond directly via the forums re this request but just keep reading, please?

[...]

When you have a shard chat with their own agendas specifically targeting you then I don’t see why harassing behaviour should continue to go on being rewarded because the shard chat is locked and newcomers are banned from joining by the chats “enforcers”.

The game doesn't reward 'such behavipur'. The game rewards each and every player based on their rank at their payout. It's the same for everyone, and hence fair from a game perspective.

I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a positive response. Even though it's technicaly possible to move a player to a new shard, doing so will open up a can of worms.