Torn with Cantina farming... (Lando)

So I'd like some thoughts and constructive criticism please!

I got super excited when Lando came to Cantina. So excited that I spent extra energy each day to max GS faster in order to start the Lando farm.
I'm not far off unlocking him, so decided to check the forums on who to use him with in arena... To find that everyone says he sucks for pvp:'(

I'm a top 20 player at worst, usually top 10, better if I put down 50 crystals. Currently using:

Sid (L)
Poe
GS
Lumi

(All 7* except Poe, all max geared and lvl 7 abilities)

I was thinking that once I eventually maxed Lando he'd fit in like so:

Sid (L) - for crits
GS - to take aim away from Lando. I don't know about everyone else but I don't care who else is on their team, GS gotta go down first. Unless...
Poggle - ... Is on their team. Offence up makes me cry. And thumbs up for extra Geo synergy
Poe - to taunt and expose
Lando - to clean up... After he's bent over and unleashed mass brown-town exodus

I'd have thought that there would be too many high priority targets there so Lando would get left long enough to do what he needs. If not, he'd be able to hide behind Poe for a bit.

Thoughts most welcome! Am I thinking too much into this? Would I be better just getting dooku?
I don't like doing things by halves, so it's either Lando to 7* or Dooku to 7*. All the while finishing Poe to 7* then moving onto Qgj to 7*.

I have Greedo (there's also the scoundrel event supposedly coming up, but don't have boba or any other scoundrels as yet) and also have 88, phasma, hk and poggle all viable - all to be maxed within a month.

Thoughts please!
Dc - RoF

Replies

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming Lando simply because there is nothing else I NEED in cantina. I won't use him for arena. He will be needed for Scoundrel event though and useful in GW.
    I don't have Dooku simply because his moonwalk annoys me to watch. I'll only farm him once I have too for a sith event. Considering Scoundrel is the next likely event that's what the focus should be on.
  • Options
    His name is Lando.
    He lives on the second floor..

Oh.. Wait.

What? What!

Lando can be crazy good. Just like a mustache, he gets better with time. If his AoE crits it does more damage.. Then more.. THEN MORE. He becomes a beast!

The thing is.. Matches don't last three rounds. So ends up being a sponge in a velvet cape that for some reason, (a good one) even the AI knows to focus first. Maybe as new levels come he will live up to his potential. Until then, My suggestion is to farm him and have him ready, but don't expect too much in the current meta. :)
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    His name is Lando.
    He lives on the second floor..

Oh.. Wait.

What? What!

Lando can be crazy good. Just like a mustache, he gets better with time. If his AoE crits it does more damage.. Then more.. THEN MORE. He becomes a beast!

The thing is.. Matches don't last three rounds. So ends up being a sponge in a velvet cape that for some reason, (a good one) even the AI knows to focus first. Maybe as new levels come he will live up to his potential. Until then, My suggestion is to farm him and have him ready, but don't expect too much in the current meta. :)

-1,000,000 for Suzanne Vega reference. There was so much bad 80's music, shame on you for triggering everyone's PTSD.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Lando was or is supposed to be amazing. I was thinking Sid, Daka or Lumi, Leia, Lando, Poogle? Daka could be Poe or RG. I dunno he is so slow right now.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    In my opinion Lando is a great PvE character. His day in the spot light ended with the speed meta. That's why they probably gave him to us. In this new meta with everyone and their mom running QGJ. Dooku is a godsend. If I were you I would focus on him. I can't tell you how many times I'm so glad I did, instead of a QGJ coin flip, it's Dooku stuns QGJ.
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    In my opinion Lando is a great PvE character. His day in the spot light ended with the speed meta. That's why they probably gave him to us. In this new meta with everyone and their mom running QGJ. Dooku is a godsend. If I were you I would focus on him. I can't tell you how many times I'm so glad I did, instead of a QGJ coin flip, it's Dooku stuns QGJ.

I endorse the quoted post whole heartedly!
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    If you use lando you have to build your ENTIRE team around just him, bc he can destroy a team by himself.
    Focus on helping, taunting and turn meter gain, maybe a chance to revive. Keep him alive for two attacks and it's a good chance you will win
  • Dcmone1
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Ha! @BentWookie this makes me want him more
    @Anraeth I'm managing to overcome Qgj led teams without Dooku, but I also see how he'd be more useful for pvp defence and other parts of the game.
    @bleeaauuh yeah that's my thoughts - if the AI played it right I imagine it would work - mane even phasma in place of poggle:

Sid (L)
    Lando
    GS
    Phasma/poggle
    Poe

If I went against that squad I'd take out GS, then Sid hopefully before Poe taunted. Then once Poe taunts and phasma gives some speed down and some more turn meter chances are Lando would get 2 loads off.
    Maybe I'm dreaming, but inimdrstand what you're all saying

@Phipps I think I may join you with that... At least until he's unlocked. Then decide from there.

Choices choices!
    Thanks everyone :)
    Dc - RoF
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    A good formation could be:

Ackbar (L), Leia (+crit chance up), RG to auto-taunt and protect Lando, Han (turn meter manipulation) and Lando.

You will have:

1) protection against focus fire on Lando
    2) Leia to help on damage and to buff Lando with +25% crit chance
    3) Han to add turn meter and make Lando fast enough to hit 2 times.

If a DPS team take down RG, Han is there. I am pretty sure you will grant 2 rounds to Lando and of course, Leia.

Ackbar has 20% chance do call Lando in "It's a trap" ability too.

Thoughts?
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Idk Akbar seems to be Completley irrelevant in that lineup, 20% is not a high enough chance in this game. Akbar is a horrible character. Lando has very good crit rate and will almost always get atleast 2 crits on his aoe, leia would help though.