Need help with modding

austing024
8 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hey guys!

I just recently got back into playing after not playing for a while. I didn't really start out with any strategy and I'm paying for it now (I'm level 72 and just unlocked the Phoenix squad I want to level up for GW). I started putting mods on before I stopped playing for a bit but didn't know what I was doing so I didn't go too far with them. I would appreciate any help, especially mods for Luminara, shes my second strongest character at lvl 72 and 7294 power but she is usually one of my first characters to die in any type of battle, I have mods on her now but I don't think they're any good for her.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Options
    Speed is king, and you can find good advice on modding specific chars at http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor
    Luck!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Speed is king, and you can find good advice on modding specific chars at http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor
    Luck!

I saw this website before but didn't understand how to read it or use it
  • BryantBub
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Someone correct me if i'm missing some details or have things wrong. The recent changes made things more complex.... I'm writing this summary a little bit for myself too.

Mods have several key properties as seen in the filters: Slot, Set, Primary stat, Secondary stat, Rarity, Tier, AND LEVEL

Slot: Left column (square, diamond, circle) have fixed primary stats (%offense, %Defense, %prot, respectively). Right column has various primaries. Of note is the arrow (upper right), which is the only mod that can have speed as primary. This is critical in arena, so you should max it to +30 (Rarity MK5 mod) on almost all toons.

Set: determines set bonuses

Primary Stat: Increases every 3 levels (including level 15). Rarity determines maximum.

Secondary Stat: Every 3 levels either increase existing secondary stat or randomly earn a new one (not including level 15). There will always be 4 secondary stats by level 15. Rarity determines maximum

Rarity: Number of dots at top. Can only be increased from 5 to 6 through slicing (consuming mod salvage). Determines maximum potential stats.

Tier: Color of mod. Can only be increased through slicing (consuming mod salvage, E=lowest to A=highest). Slicing increases one secondary stat.

Observations: The new changes mean that you can fairly easily get 8 total levels for secondary stats regardless of the starting quality of the mod. Before the recent changes, you had to be lucky and randomly find a MK5, Tier A mod WITH speed secondary at level 1, then sacrifice a goat to maybe increase that speed secondary at levels 3,6,9,12. Now it's a little less random in that any Mk5 has the same probability to give a high speed mod, since slicing kinda replaces the need for TierA.

My advice and rules of thumb:
    - Speed secondary stat is key, especially for arena. Only buy mods in the store that have this, and ideally are purple or gold in color.
    - Early in the game, health and protection make a HUGE difference. Consider using only these mods (primary/secondary stats. Don't worry about health/prot Sets)
    - Generally, the primary/secondary stats have more impact than the set bonuses, especially at low levels.
  • Options
    A few corrections:

Circle mods can have health as primary stat as well — not only protection.

Primary stats increase for every level — not just every 3 levels.
  • Options
    BryantBub wrote: »
    Someone correct me if i'm missing some details or have things wrong. The recent changes made things more complex.... I'm writing this summary a little bit for myself too.

Mods have several key properties as seen in the filters: Slot, Set, Primary stat, Secondary stat, Rarity, Tier, AND LEVEL

Slot: Left column (square, diamond, circle) have fixed primary stats (%offense, %Defense, %prot, respectively). Right column has various primaries. Of note is the arrow (upper right), which is the only mod that can have speed as primary. This is critical in arena, so you should max it to +30 (Rarity MK5 mod) on almost all toons.

Set: determines set bonuses

Primary Stat: Increases every 3 levels (including level 15). Rarity determines maximum.

Secondary Stat: Every 3 levels either increase existing secondary stat or randomly earn a new one (not including level 15). There will always be 4 secondary stats by level 15. Rarity determines maximum

Rarity: Number of dots at top. Can only be increased from 5 to 6 through slicing (consuming mod salvage). Determines maximum potential stats.

Tier: Color of mod. Can only be increased through slicing (consuming mod salvage, E=lowest to A=highest). Slicing increases one secondary stat.

Observations: The new changes mean that you can fairly easily get 8 total levels for secondary stats regardless of the starting quality of the mod. Before the recent changes, you had to be lucky and randomly find a MK5, Tier A mod WITH speed secondary at level 1, then sacrifice a goat to maybe increase that speed secondary at levels 3,6,9,12. Now it's a little less random in that any Mk5 has the same probability to give a high speed mod, since slicing kinda replaces the need for TierA.

My advice and rules of thumb:
    - Speed secondary stat is key, especially for arena. Only buy mods in the store that have this, and ideally are purple or gold in color.
    - Early in the game, health and protection make a HUGE difference. Consider using only these mods (primary/secondary stats. Don't worry about health/prot Sets)
    - Generally, the primary/secondary stats have more impact than the set bonuses, especially at low levels.

Still learning and confused lol but this definitely did help. Thanks!