Double Drops before Revan event??

Prev1
Vicarious
292 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hello CG.

Can you tell us if there are plans to provide players with double drops before Revan’s event starts?? Sure would be helpful to a lot of players and I think it would calm down the storm somewhat.

Thanks in advance!! 😁
Post edited by Vicarious on

Replies

• Options
    Please, literally anything to make this easier to accomplish will be taken well by the community.
  • Options
    They already said some time ago, there will no longer be any double drops moving forward.
  • Options
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    They already said some time ago, there will no longer be any double drops moving forward.

Fake news

• Options
    This is ridiculous, we just had the Chewie Legendary event, I spent almost all my crystals and gear
  • Options
    I think that was the point
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Had they said that ever the forums would have blown up and I would be out of popcorn.

As it is I need to get more popcorn because Revan.

Back on topic. I WOULD be VERY surprised if we did not get double drops.

But they will wait until the whales have spent up before doing that. That's just smart business sense.
  • Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »

Had they said that ever the forums would have blown up and I would be out of popcorn.

But they will wait until the whales have spent up before doing that. That's just smart business sense.

I mean we haven’t got double drops for over a year I believe. We have just been getting bonus shards.
  • Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »

I mean we haven’t got double drops for over a year I believe. We have just been getting bonus shards.

Wow a year? Well they need to give us triple drops to make up for it
  • Options
    Many will be double dropping their jaws at the cost to farm OR toons with gear.

Is that what you meant?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Or at least include some in some type of store other than crystals. We have almosted farmed all the players that are in the guild store, arena, and cantina store. Just make some switches and at least try to make your money in a more conservative way!
  • Options
    My usual reminder on potential double drops:

2 x 0 = 0

:wink:

Don't hold your breath. Highly unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    Hold tight until the first event and the first huge money-grabbing ends. Then you'll probably get some mocking apology from CG, a nerf and some of the OR chars in the shops. CG/EA style at its best.
  • Options
    Yes it's an obvious cash grab, with the timing of these events.. But hey. They gotta get paid. I will just have to be patient to get revan. Which sux. Because I have some nice jedi. But it is what it is.. atleast I got chewy 6* g10 with a zeta without spending a dime I guess.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    They increased the number of attempts on hard/ship nodes and reduced the refresh cost. We won't be getting double drops.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    They increased the number of attempts on hard/ship nodes and reduced the refresh cost. We won't be getting double drops.

We got bonus drops for BHs...
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

But not double drops. And the way they did bonus drops made them barely useful for the event because it entirely depended on who you were farming. I mean sure, I got 20 Aurra shards, but they didn't do a thing to help me get Chewie.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

But not double drops. And the way they did bonus drops made them barely useful for the event because it entirely depended on who you were farming. I mean sure, I got 20 Aurra shards, but they didn't do a thing to help me get Chewie.

I got my Bossk to 7* A LOT faster... So it helped me, at least.

Doing nothing this time is just.... idk what to say.
    Its a new milestone of low
  • Options
    After the event, why not.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Not true - it was a statement in one of the video Q&As that's been taken out of context and been repeated as gospel;
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1540646#Comment_1540646
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to, but that was not my intent. We love double drops, we just don't run them all the time.

But I still wouldn't get my hopes up
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Double drops would rock but we are more likely to get Bonus Drops instead. Not bad all things considered but not great either.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha not happening this late. :(
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    There may be something around the event but no announcement will be made until i expect Wed/Thurs. Small chance of earlier but I'd be surprised if its before Wed.
    Bonus or double drops either would be nice.
  • Options
    More out of hope but my theory is they won’t announce double drops until last minute as it might stop people buying packs if double drops could get them there. Me personally I can’t get him currently even if I buy a pack, however with double drops I stand a chance and would consider buying a pack. So if they do double drops at last minute they get max pack purchases from both impatient people who couldn’t wait for double drops and then the likes of me who need them to compliment their potential spending
  • Options
    Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed. If it happens, it'd be a pleasant surprise.