Appreciation thread

@CG_Carrie and @CG_SBCrumb you and your team are doing a great job. I work in IT as a programmer and admin with deadlines, demands, unseen issues, and plenty of overtime when needed for over 20 years. I just want to let you and your team know that you are appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    This is an important point and does not go amiss within the community, I'm sure they will get it right and look forward to the road ahead
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Here, here, I too appreciate thread, like the force it binds all things together, much like duct tape, it has it's light side and it's dark side, it binds the universe together.
  • Options
    Here, here, I too appreciate thread, like the force it binds all things together, much like duct tape, it has it's light side and it's dark side, it binds the universe together.

+1 for duct tape reference :V
  • Options
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    Putting out deadlines and then having to work overtime to hit your own release date (that they apparently announced before it was done) does not deserve any gratitude. They did the bare minimum of their job expectations by working to hit said self imposed deadline.

Go put that in the hate thread! This is the appreciation thread!
  • Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    Putting out deadlines and then having to work overtime to hit your own release date (that they apparently announced before it was done) does not deserve any gratitude. They did the bare minimum of their job expectations by working to hit said self imposed deadline.

Go put that in the hate thread! This is the appreciation thread!

No
  • Options
    Good job devs! I also had previous IT experience and am now transitioning into the programming world. I appreciate you all at CG, especially during this revan rollout.
  • Options

I don't know what you do for a living..... But here is something you may find interesting..

The people that set the deadlines are rarely (if ever) the people that actually do the work to meet them.....
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    They're entirely in charge of their kit development, beta testing, communication protocols, and pricing model.

Why are we patting them on the back? They failed on virtually every front.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    They're entirely in charge of their kit development, beta testing, communication protocols, and pricing model.

Why? Because they deserve it. I don't understand the negativity here. If a person does not enjoy the product then stop playing. If you do not agree with the pricing model, then don't pay it. I understand that the team deals with constant negativity and very little positive feedback. I play the game, I enjoy it and like a restaurant if I enjoy my meal I thank the cook. If the service was good I thank the service staff. If I enjoyed the whole experience then I return.
    The world has enough anger, hate, and negativity. Let's relax and play a game we enjoy and thank them for their work. Otherwise, spend time doing something else you would enjoy.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I don't know what you do for a living..... But here is something you may find interesting..

The people that set the deadlines are rarely (if ever) the people that actually do the work to meet them.....

Sometimes the people setting deadlines don't understand the effort that goes into an activity either....they command it, therefore it must be done.

Always appreciated working for those who had a background or actually did the jobs they are setting deadlines for. They tended to be more realistic

• Options
    Love this post!
    As a longtime player (late 2015), i can greatly appreciate how far this game has come. I have never been a meta seeker, but a collector. The game has hit the point where i have 5 team factions that i can hit the top 100 in arena and more just keeps coming.
    Love the content.

And, GREVIOUS.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Windar wrote: »

Why? Because they deserve it. I don't understand the negativity here. If a person does not enjoy the product then stop playing. If you do not agree with the pricing model, then don't pay it. I understand that the team deals with constant negativity and very little positive feedback. I play the game, I enjoy it and like a restaurant if I enjoy my meal I thank the cook. If the service was good I thank the service staff. If I enjoyed the whole experience then I return.
    The world has enough anger, hate, and negativity. Let's relax and play a game we enjoy and thank them for their work. Otherwise, spend time doing something else you would enjoy.

I’m with you, man.

The only answer I have for the random negativity is that they either had a bad day, or are internet trolls. But the latter of the two is unlikely.

I love this game, and I feel like people who don’t appreciate the game have no reason to play it, so why complain... Just don’t play it.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Windar wrote: »

Since we are making comparisons towards restuarants, we've been waiting for the main course (road ahead) after the appetizer (Revan) which someone dropped on the floor and had to remake (had to fix that kit). Now that we've had our Truffles and Revan with a side of cavier marquee (those of us who could afford it) we are waiting for a cheese burger something on the menu most can afford and partake in(save your dairy, gluten, and meat adversions). Oh did I mention the server (that there community manager) is noooooo where to be found. If this were a restuarant this meal would be comped, a free desert would have been offered, and the yelp reviews would be far harsher than the minimal EA_Approved whining thats here.

Yes I agree, lets relax and have fun (part of my fun is snickering that clearly industry standards are not universal), and for the most part the game is delivered in a way I find enjoyable. But give credit when credit is due, and this month .... eh Im a critic this month.

• Revan316
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have spent over 25 years working in kitchens and in this time I've learned customers are a bunch of wonderful people. Thanks for putting up with all our gripes and complaints yet still making a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work.
    Post edited by Kyno on