The omega crunch.

Prev1
Show of hands. Who is skipping out on the revan event because you won’t have his omegas ready for a number of months anyway. I’m still working through Jango and Chewie over here.

Replies

• Options
    I'm pretty sure this applies to literally no one.. Yes the omega crunch is real but 99% of the community is skipping out on the event because they have no chance in hell of farming the characters in time.
  • Options
    I have yet to reach this omega crunch. I always have them, but I cannot see how it will happen, until it does lol. the zeta one is real atm
  • Options
    The omega crunch for this event is not real and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

(Get the reference someone. ;_; )
  • Options
    First world problems ......
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pretty sure omegas are the least of the worries about getting ready for this event.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have yet to reach this omega crunch. I always have them, but I cannot see how it will happen, until it does lol. the zeta one is real atm

Same boat, but it seems to be an issue that people run into once they have a deep roster of usable squads. You need a ton of both zetas and omegas, but while zetas are only used for zeta abilities, omegas are used on almost all abilities. They aren't that much more plentiful, so eventually your zeta supply outpaces your omega supply.

In short: first world problem.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I don't think anyone would skip unlocking a legendary just because they are short on omegas.
  • Options
    They should give more omegas. The game is unbalanced in that aspect.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pretty sure omegas are the least of the worries about getting ready for this event.

If I wanted to I could buy the shards. But I don’t think I I’ll have omegas set aside for him until after Christmas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

If I wanted to I could buy the shards. But I don’t think I I’ll have omegas set aside for him until after Christmas.

I would say thats just poor resource management, but that can't be it......

TIght control on the things you can't get quick is how you stay flexible.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

His kit isn't even out yet so it's impossible to tell how important some of those omegas even are.
  • Options

His kit isn't even out yet so it's impossible to tell how important some of those omegas even are.

Well I really don’t care about him unless he is arena meta. So if his omega abilities suck that might be tough to achieve.
  • Options
    Lol. This is definitely not the reason I’m skipping Revan this time. Even if I had the toons to get Revan, I wouldn’t skip it because I had no omegas. I doubt anybody who has the toons ready would skip the event because of the omega shortage.
  • Options
    I unlocked CUP, but chose to put all my Zetas and Omegas on Mary Sue didn’t even resist the dark side.

Why, if you can unlock a character, would your ability to fully omega or zeta them influence you? That’s like saying, I am missing 7 pieces of GS12+ to fully develop the toon from unlock to insta maxed. Nah. Pass.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    First world problems ......

Every single problem in this game is a first world problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    yeah i definately see the kit not being out as more of an impediment to spending than lack of omegas. After all for an arena defining character, you can prioritize the omegas and get them filled in relatively quickly. Easily within a month.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    It takes 51 omegas to max out CLS
    It takes 51 omegas to max out JTR

Imagine if you are able to unlock Revan and to max him out you need 51 omegas (likely).

It'll take you almost 2 months.

I hope we get something with large influx of omegas soon. The omega battles are for lower leveled players as the devs said previously and there isn't anything to address omega shortage for end game players except for dailies which is slower than needed.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Imagine if you are able to unlock Revan and to max him out you need 51 omegas (likely).

I hope we get something with large influx of omegas soon. The omega battles are for lower leveled players as the devs said previously and there isn't anything to address omega shortage for end game players except for dailies which is slower than needed.

I don't see how 2 months is accurate. You get 60 in two months from dailies alone. Then you get some from challenges and various events. Probably at least 20 or so a month from other sources but I don't have exact numbers. But you can probably have enough omegas in a month. Given that we got 2 weeks notice on the event, you could have all the omegas within 2 weeks of the event ending so that's really not much of an issue.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It doesnt take anywhere near two months to omega a toon.... Even one that requires 51, I'm one month you get:

-30 omega from daily
    -7 from omega battles
    -An average of 12 from mats challenges
    -Lets be conservative and say one a week from GW, so 4

That is already 53, and I haven't even taken TW or ship challenges into account....

• Options
    This troll can buy omegas too if he can buy the shards for revan, you know guys? You get 60 omegas a month alone from weekly store lol. Please stop feeding him comments. His posts are troll posts.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I checked for September and if you did all Assault Battles + Omega battles you get 10 omegas + 30 from dailies = 40 Omegas.

Chewbacca who was released the same month requires 41 Omegas. I'm not including TW omega rewards because mileage could vary but just to max out one toon you need one months worth of omega and you are still in the negative. I'm using Jango Fett as a sample of "you don't need to max out every ability and all of Jango's abilities are useless". Jango Fett requires 46 omegas. There was also NS Zombie rework to make her viable you needed to spend 5 omegas.

The total cost for the month of September in omegas is 92. Omegas gained approx. 50 (with TW on average). This does not give you enough time to work on all your other toons for raids, TW etc.

If you are trying to use Chewbacca and keep your NS Zombie relevant you are done for the month of september you need to acquire october omegas to work on your other toons. If you want to use Jango Fett for TW then wait another month, and avoid using any omegas on toons for october

The problem with bringing up omega crunch or gold balls crunch is that people just look at their inventory and think they are fine instead of looking a couple of months down the line or how many toons they need to work on or how other members of their guild are doing. There is an increasingly number of people bringing up the omega crunch every week, if that is a sign of a problem in the horizon then I don't know what is.

EDIT: I did miss out on GW and Weekly challenges. That is a good point. I think the amount you get in a month is a lot higher to about ~60 which isn't bad.

EDIT EDIT: I'll track my omega earnings for the month of nov from the 1st to Dec 1st and see how my omega usage is.
  • Options
    Ok, well..... Jango was a marquee and Chewie likely took paying to up the gear on your BH, and Revan is goingbto cost all but the most steadfast hoarders who want him a fistful of cash.....

We were talking of fully omega 1 toon in a month, not 3.... I would submit tyat, if you can whale on toons, you can whale on omegas too..... If not, time to start balancing your whaling.....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Oh nice, one less will be getting Revan!

In all seriousness though, omega crunch is a real problem, anyone with a high gp will eventually encounter it regardless of their spending grade. As an f2p it's even more of a problem for me since I can't buy omegas.
  • Options
    Omega crunch is only real if your fitting omegas to toons you don't use.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If you are using the word "requires", you're gonna have a bad time....

EDIT: I have poor grammar.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    If you are using the word "requires", your gonna have a bad time....

Can we add "need" to that list?
  • Options
    Much like credits, Omegas have become a resource that just isn’t plentiful enough for the number of characters we have. We really need an upgrade to the omega events, and credit heist either needs to have its output or frequency increased.
  • Options
    If you are using the word "requires", your gonna have a bad time....

if you're using the word "your" when you mean "you're", you're gonna have a bad time....
  • Options
    This whole thread is a mess... surely adding is that hard...

I’ve also never heard of anyone not going after a legendary/heroes journey character because they won’t have enough omegas to instantly get them maxed out. Like what?....