I am the lucky one who doesn’t love Revan

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Wow, you make threads with genuine, monetary complaints about the game, or poor behaviour by the Devs/publisher and get booted. You make a thread like this useless one of a mere preference, and it gets a ton of interest.... So that's what brown nosing means😀
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Actually I might have heard the name “Revan” once or twice, that’s all, I knew very little of him, therefore, I don’t like or dislike him.

As a matter of fact, since I have become a ftp, about two years ago, I have become happier for having a healthier lifestyle. No more sleeping late or getting up early for any raids or events.

The reason I became a ftp is I realised I have spent too much on a single game that wasted too much of my time and it will only ask for more.

As a FTP, I still managed to get all the perks, I g12ed five BHs in a week and got the 7* shiny new Chewbacca because of my smart play all the time without spending a penny. I intend to keep it that way, I won’t miss much even as a FTP and I enjoy more of the game as a FTP, thanks to all these PTP.

So you looking for a pat on the back or a cookie? What’s the point of this post?
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    Actually I might have heard the name “Revan” once or twice, that’s all, I knew very little of him, therefore, I don’t like or dislike him.

As a matter of fact, since I have become a ftp, about two years ago, I have become happier for having a healthier lifestyle. No more sleeping late or getting up early for any raids or events.

The reason I became a ftp is I realised I have spent too much on a single game that wasted too much of my time and it will only ask for more.

As a FTP, I still managed to get all the perks, I g12ed five BHs in a week and got the 7* shiny new Chewbacca because of my smart play all the time without spending a penny. I intend to keep it that way, I won’t miss much even as a FTP and I enjoy more of the game as a FTP, thanks to all these PTP.

So you looking for a pat on the back or a cookie? What’s the point of this post?
    Actually I might've heard the name "Darth Maul" once or twice. Never in a movie. Must be some made up character because nobody can describe his personality to me. So I could never understand the hype around him when everyone hyped him up in the Solo movie

As a matter of fact, since I downloaded the game a few months afte rthe game came out, I've become a happier person, no more job or responsibilities since arena payout is when life needed me the most, so I dropped life.

The reason I played this game is because I realized I spent too much time watching the movies so I decided to play it instead.

As a FTP (Full-Time Player), I still managed to get all the perks, 5 dot mods, a guild, some gear donations without spending a time to take a shower and I intend to keep it that way. I won't miss much as a FTP, and I enjoy the lack of hygiene thanks to all these long hard farms.

• Options
    If you dont know Revan, its your loss. And a pretty big one, if you like sw.

Not sure what the ftp part is about. You do what you feel is right, either buy all the shiny things instantly or play wise (and accept that sometimes you just cant get it first round).

Revan is a customizable-playable character.
    So if someone dont knows the current released version, thats normal.
  • Lee_Troyer
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I played the games, I like Revan, but only in KOTOR.

I do not care one bit about this Revan, neither his look nor his kit reminds me of KOTOR Revan's appearance or abilities.

It's a new abstract Legendary level kit with a namedrop to me. It seems efficient, I'll get him in time. But I see no "fan" reasons to be hyped by this toon (game efficiency is another thing).

If they really did make an effort to make it Revan-ish, we clearly didn't play the game the same way.
  • Options
    Revan is life
    Revan is change
    Revan is savior
    All hail the lord and savior Revan!
  • Options
    I’m just glad Revan finally came out and will be in the rear view mirror soon. I say onto the next big thing. Glad KOTOR fans have their day just as I did with my Bounty Hunters. I’m looking forward to the time when we get a rock, paper, scissors meta at the top with several teams that beat each other.
  • Options

Lol, I enjoyed that one,
  • Options
    It's not as much about liking or not caring about the character. none of the toons in this game have better personalities than the others. It is the fact that Revan looks to be a potential meta changer. A toon you get left behind without.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Someone on Reddit who has already whaled out and very unhappy with Revan. Nothing to see here. Focus on Mary Sue touched Kylo
  • Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    A toon you get left behind without.

There's a fallacy working here.

There are only two areas in the game where players are ranked, squad and fleet arena, making those the only places where you can be "left behind." Raids have rankings, but ultimately boil down to a binary Can Your Guild Do It Or Not. If you can do it, then having Revan just means you'll do it faster (but not more often, since you're still limited by things like tickets and time limits) but otherwise doesn't affect much.

Revan doesn't have a ship, so has no effect on fleet arena.

The only people who are going to get Revan the first time are people who spend a whole bunch of money, which means they're already at the top of their arena leaderboards (Or they're a weirdo who likes to spend a bunch of money and stay in the top 500). So them getting this shiny new character won't actually change the leaderboard. You won't be left behind because you were already behind them to begin with. You're going to stay exactly where you are.

Now it's the second time Revan comes around that you need to plan for. That's when the light spenders or the determined non-spenders are going to get them and they're the people you're actually competing against.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I've got no interest in Revan.

Some obscure character from an early 2000s computer game?

Nah, I'm good ta. And as I'm f2p that's convenient lol.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’d like to get Padme and C-3PO and Snoke and Hux and Bounty Hunter Leia and Bib Fortuna and a droideka and Nien Numb and a Praetorian Guard and 4-LOM and Zuckuss and a Scout Trooper and a Battle Droid before other characters who never appeared in the films.

This.

Each to their own though! I hope those that enjoy him enjoy him.
  • Options

You were a moderator...but your opinions seem always on the player’s side, now you are a civilian like me :)
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

:O our lord and saviour, Revan. The first toon i whaled out on to get him unlocked and I wish I never did because I never saved any gear for him and he is now stuck at G7 LOL but McMole made a video showing a Revan team doing 9 MIL + in the heroic sith raid in P2.... so maybe the new JTR for P2?

I played KOTOR 1 and 2 as well as the old republic and completed both KOTORS so many times as well as buying the game for the xbox/pc/mac/ios and completing it with every character and every way I could think of lol. It was a really good game imo
  • Options

You were a moderator...but your opinions seem always on the player’s side, now you are a civilian like me :)

I don't do "sides" :smile:

Just expressing my opinion :smile: As I said - for those that like, want and are prepared to invest in him to enjoy? Absolutely fantastic. Not for me though. No "sides" taken :smile:
  • Options
    In some other thread that's probably been merged into the megathread by now I said I couldn't wait for Revan to be released and not single-handedly destroy every character with one button push and hear the complaints that he was too weak because of it.

I AM NOW REWARDED WITH MY PRIZE.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    A toon you get left behind without.

There's a fallacy working here.

There are only two areas in the game where players are ranked, squad and fleet arena, making those the only places where you can be "left behind." Raids have rankings, but ultimately boil down to a binary Can Your Guild Do It Or Not. If you can do it, then having Revan just means you'll do it faster (but not more often, since you're still limited by things like tickets and time limits) but otherwise doesn't affect much.

Revan doesn't have a ship, so has no effect on fleet arena.

The only people who are going to get Revan the first time are people who spend a whole bunch of money, which means they're already at the top of their arena leaderboards (Or they're a weirdo who likes to spend a bunch of money and stay in the top 500). So them getting this shiny new character won't actually change the leaderboard. You won't be left behind because you were already behind them to begin with. You're going to stay exactly where you are.

Now it's the second time Revan comes around that you need to plan for. That's when the light spenders or the determined non-spenders are going to get them and they're the people you're actually competing against.

I would have to argue that.

Yes the only direct one on one competition is in the arenas, which is a big deal. I am on an old shard, most of the top 50 will have Revan at the end of the week. Not all of them are whales, but they have consistently done well in the arena and have huge reserves of crystals. Reserves that will continue to grow against those who don't have Revan.
    Also Revan will be a big factor in TW guilds with more Revans will clearly have an advantage over those who don't. That extra zeta alone is huge.
    Revan is also an HSTR hero. JTR was the best single toon for HSTR, but her teams damage is less than half of what a Revan team can do. For those of us that don't have a 7* Traya, Revan would make a big difference.

I don't have the luxury of changing my shard I am competing against others that will get Revan. I will get pushed further behind to the point I can never catch up. A year and a half ago I could break the top 20 of arena twice a week. Now I am lucky to stay in top 100. Every whale toon that comes out I am pushed lower and get more discouraged by the game.