Is Kylo worth it in Squad Arena?

I feel like Kylo is just not dealing enough damage, suggestions on who I should switch him with?

My current Squad team is:

Sid (L) 6* G8

Lumi 6* G8

GS 6* G8

Daka 5* G8

Kylo 5* G7

Replies

• Options
    Doesn't he need to be paired up with Phasma to reach his true potential?
    Tekken 7
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't he need to be paired up with Phasma to reach his true potential?

+1
  • Options
    Depends on build really. AI is poor but right build he is a pain. No offense build you have he is bad for.,
  • Options
    My Phasma and Poe should do the trick, so he fits in. Working on 7* him, 11 more shards so with the current drop rates, that's like... ehh, 3 weeks. -_-
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I used to see Kylo everywhere back before everyone on my server replaced their Phasma leads with QGJ. (As one of the few with 7* Dooku this makes me laugh evilly.)
    He kinda lacks the offensive power you need for the current state of the game. If a full aoe team becomes viable then he may have a role again. Or if healers become useful again it's nice to have his debuff.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I still use him with a phasma lead. Main benefits are his retribution which is free damage, his cool down reset on damage taken and decent health pool. Plus his onslaught on below 50% health is nasty.

I've noticed he doesn't seem to scale up in damage as much as others as he levels up. probably wouldn't use him so much if phasma wasn't lead but he fits right now.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    (As one of the few with 7* Dooku this makes me laugh evilly.)

Do you also steeple your fingers and say "excellent"
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    My Kylo is maxed out, I find he is incredibly good in either a AoE team with Poggle or a Phasma FO build. By himself doesn't shine well.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    He fits better in a Sid lead team with poggle than a phasma team
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    (As one of the few with 7* Dooku this makes me laugh evilly.)

Do you also steeple your fingers and say "excellent"
    Release the hounds. >:)
  • BeansDad
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I used to see Kylo everywhere back before everyone on my server replaced their Phasma leads with QGJ. (As one of the few with 7* Dooku this makes me laugh evilly.)
    He kinda lacks the offensive power you need for the current state of the game. If a full aoe team becomes viable then he may have a role again. Or if healers become useful again it's nice to have his debuff.

Which is slightly ironic that he is perfect to take out dooku..
  • Options
    Kylo is at his strongest in an aoe team.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    BeansDad wrote: »

Not sure I agree with that. In fact CD's counter is the only move that won't activate Kylo's counter. With CD (and healers) I just sit back and hit the rest of the team, letting Dooku counter Kylo down till I can pick him off without him getting his counter off. (And since Dooku keeps refreshing his countdowns he'll just keep spamming the aoe every turn.)
  • BeansDad
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Not sure I agree with that. In fact CD's counter is the only move that won't activate Kylo's counter. With CD (and healers) I just sit back and hit the rest of the team, letting Dooku counter Kylo down till I can pick him off without him getting his counter off. (And since Dooku keeps refreshing his countdowns he'll just keep spamming the aoe every turn.)

Look at it from the other side of the fence. Attack dooku with Kylo's lash out, then dooku resets Kylo's cooldowns, outrage and dooku is most likely now toast, and if not he is now a one shot kill for your next character. Kylo absorbs the initial counter attack without batting an eye due to the low damage output from dooku.
  • Options
    I feel like Kylo is just not dealing enough damage, suggestions on who I should switch him with?

Sid (L) 6* G8

Lumi 6* G8

GS 6* G8

Daka 5* G8

Kylo 5* G7

For one you need to promote Ur chars to 7 stars if I want any success in the arena. I run kylo and he's the hardest hitting char I have other than maul. His physical damage is 1739. That's more than sidious. He's worth it
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    He fits better in a Sid lead team with poggle than a phasma team

Once a 7*kylo with poggle OU with full health one hit my dooku and it critical 10k+ damage o_o
    Can't imagine who he can one hit when he is below half health
  • Options
    With Poggle buff and low health Kylo can do 15,000
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Look at it from the other side of the fence. Attack dooku with Kylo's lash out, then dooku resets Kylo's cooldowns, outrage and dooku is most likely now toast, and if not he is now a one shot kill for your next character. Kylo absorbs the initial counter attack without batting an eye due to the low damage output from dooku.
    Oh, well yes sorry. I don't think about fighting against Dooku too much, he's really not that tough on defense.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Sid (L) 6* G8

Lumi 6* G8

GS 6* G8

Daka 5* G8

Kylo 5* G7

Top 10 in my Arena is exactly:
    Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Poe
    Poogle
    Sid

Looks like it doesn't do much damage, but it is devastating. Offense up, advantage plus lots of AoE assists on top of dots... you can't heal well either...it's not at all clear who do kill first and no char will be one shot. Stuns rarely work.

• Options

Sid (L) 6* G8

Lumi 6* G8

GS 6* G8

Daka 5* G8

Kylo 5* G7

Top 10 in my Arena is exactly:
    Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Poe
    Poogle
    Sid

Looks like it doesn't do much damage, but it is devastating. Offense up, advantage plus lots of AoE assists on top of dots... you can't heal well either...it's not at all clear who do kill first and no char will be one shot. Stuns rarely work.

Adding to that team the only thing in my arsenal (QGJ and Rey not ready) is to summon Dooku. He may stun Sid and then get to counter 4 or 5 times before he dies if not more adding 7 to 10 attacks for 2k to 3k each with doubles.

Any other combo just collapses out of a million AoEs, assists, dots and buffs before rough enemies die a good death.

• Options
    There are always mixed reviews about Kylo. Some say he is too slow. Personally I love him. He is a bit tanky, can slap heal block on the enemy, his retribution is great, and he can deal devastating damage with outrage, especially with offense up. Mine is 6 shards away from 7* Inspite of reading negative stuff about him on these boards. I have single hit and killed tanks with him before with offensive buff. I critted for over 15000 before in pve nodes when my borrowed ally gave a crit damage boost and he had offense up on him from Poggle. I don't even use him with Phasma.

• Options
    You need Phasma has and Poggle for him to even be usable.

Then he's average at best.

Fail.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Man you guys are crazy! Kylo is a beast! I run a AOE team with Phasma, Sid, Kylo, Ventress, and Daka. He is clutch in every match. Trust me, stick with him. Not to mention he is soo easy to farm. I swear the drop rate on his shards is the highest in the game. I got ten in a row once no bull ****.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    I use him with two more counter attackers to punish AoEs. I also lead phasma or QGJ vs a speed dps team to take out the dps as fast as I can, but I think Kylo is great. Have never stopped using him
  • Options
    Kylo is an annoying toon that has to be watched, in the right situation he can perform very well.
    Never underestimate that factor, especially in the Arena.
  • Options
    He's not bad I like him pretty well. He has potential to really do a lot of damage but is a little slow. The AI is bad and sometimes walks right into getting countered and resetting his cool downs. If you lead with Sid or buff him with Poggle he can really tear into a team and deal a lot of damage. His outrage can OHKO guys and anytime you can do that it's a game changer. I dont think he's quite consistent enough and a little too slow to use in my main arena squad but he is fun to throw in with Poggle at the end of a GW run and can sometimes mostly finish off a team by himself.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    to add to the million points made on both sides. I think as the level cap increases and you get all the toons to gear 9 maybe 10 there may be something to be said about a high health High Damage toon. I think that will be relevant at some point in the meta.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I like Kylo. I use him with QGJ and RG. Kylo's health drops below half, RG taunts and makes it impossible to focus him down. And QGJ provides offense up often enough.

With Barriss lead, they all get decent HP too. Seen Kylo absorb ~15K damage hits, get protected from another 12K hit by RG, one-shot that little Geonosian attack beetle right back, and then get fully restored by Barriss in the next turn.

I also keep Dooku around for early Jedi stuns. He does really nice damage too, once Offense up is in play.