Revan release & kit reveal?

Is this event still launching this week? I know cg was working of tweaking his kit over the weekend.

Also curious to know when the kit reveal will be released.

Replies

• Options
    No it’s cancelled and they are giving everyone a 7* g12+ Revan for free
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The event has been announced as starting on the 18th. The kit reveal has been announced as taking place some time before the event. Nothing has changed, so no further announcements have been (or need to be) made. We will see the kit today, Tuesday, Wednesday, or early Thursday. The event will start Thursday night. They will notify us only if these plans change.
  • Options
    I think this or next night (Ita time) for the kit. Then on wed they should say something more about the update.
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Options
    If anyone thinks that anyone from CG was doing overtime during the weekend, because of the whine on the forums, then you probably never had a real job.
    This kit tweaking is either a myth or a smart advertisement, but clearly not true.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    They will need to tweek the kit and give game changers time to make vids. All kit reveals include the gameplay previews.
  • Options
    If anyone thinks that anyone from CG was doing overtime during the weekend, because of the whine on the forums, then you probably never had a real job.
    This kit tweaking is either a myth or a smart advertisement, but clearly not true.

CG_Carrie posted this on twitter Friday afternoon:
    7dffm55a4s8y.png

• Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

7dffm55a4s8y.png

Thank you. So its not a myth, but a clever PR stunt then.

You legally CANT order overtime out of the blue. You have to give adequate pre notice, so whatever whine was on the forum on Friday, thats way too late.
    Also, you really think CG didnt expect whine? Revan is a clear ripoff, monetising all the good feelings. They would have foreseen it the moment they decided to roll it out like that.
    And if they did, then theres no need to do OT (which is very expensive and crap for worklifebalance), but just delay everything by a week, if more work is needed.
  • Options

7dffm55a4s8y.png

You legally CANT order overtime out of the blue. You have to give adequate pre notice, so whatever whine was on the forum on Friday, thats way too late.
    Also, you really think CG didnt expect whine? Revan is a clear ripoff, monetising all the good feelings. They would have foreseen it the moment they decided to roll it out like that.
    And if they did, then theres no need to do OT (which is very expensive and crap for worklifebalance), but just delay everything by a week, if more work is needed.

Meh, when I work weekends on something that needs to be done quick, I might call that “overtime,” even though my work doesn’t qualify me for “overtime benefits” from a strict labor law perspective. Depending on how the workers are classified, it can be totally legit to order overtime at the last minute.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options

7dffm55a4s8y.png

Since when? In my experience, overtime happens when it needs to happen, usually in an emergency or some kind of crunch. It's usually impossible to give pre-notice.
  • Options

7dffm55a4s8y.png

Not sure where you're getting your info from but employers can definitely order employees to work over time or face termination. A good employer won't but they could. And if there is some sort of legality to it, employers definitely don't care because no one ever calls them on it. The only thing is that if they're hourly workers then they have to be paid a minimum of time and a half.

I'm not saying the whine on the forum last week was the cause of the assumed OT that happened this past weekend (from Carrie's post) but it's certainly possible.
  • Options
    Mandatory OT is a thing. In the state of CA you must give 48 hours notice. This is only for non-exempt employees.

Exempt employees have no set schedule, so they can be asked to come it at the discretion of the employer. While legally the employee can choose when to come in and when to leave, the employer can also legally terminate an employee for poor work performance, such as failing to take part in important meetings or failing to deliver on a high priority project. Thus overtime/weekend work is "forced."

Source: I'm in HR.
  • Options

This is, based on what I have seen or heard, half truth. The rework of the kit, as I hear it, came as a result of that feedback from the beta testers, not anything said on the forums. And that is VERY believable.

Truthfully, I would be surprised if any of the response on the forums is reviewed until days after an announcement is made... primarily because regardless of what is said, the first day or two in these forums is ALWAYS backlash.

Unfortunately, it feels like there was a general outcry back in March/ April, and CG acknowledged it. The result is that now, every time something isn't exactly the way we want it, everyone comes rushing to the forums with pitchforks, hoping that things will be 'fixed'. And that seems to be watering down the real issues.
  • Options
    Mandatory OT is a thing. In the state of CA you must give 48 hours notice. This is only for non-exempt employees.

Exempt employees have no set schedule, so they can be asked to come it at the discretion of the employer. While legally the employee can choose when to come in and when to leave, the employer can also legally terminate an employee for poor work performance, such as failing to take part in important meetings or failing to deliver on a high priority project. Thus overtime/weekend work is "forced."

Source: I'm in HR.

oh right, the devs are in California where there are rules for everything. Another possibility is that an employer can get around it by calling it "voluntary overtime" where it's elective for employees to participate?
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

7dffm55a4s8y.png

This does not appear to be true at all. You can stroll up to an employee's desk on Friday and tell them they need to work OT on Saturday, but you can't *force* them to then also work OT on Sunday, but you can request it.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

7dffm55a4s8y.png

This does not appear to be true at all. You can stroll up to an employee's desk on Friday and tell them they need to work OT on Saturday, but you can't *force* them to then also work OT on Sunday, but you can request it.

Last i knew labor laws varied state to state and country to country. So it's quite possibly true where that poster lives, but not necessarily true in Cali
  • Options
    Hello Peter what's happening.I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here at around....9 that'd be great.

Those dam TPS reports!

BTW, I'm a California wage and hour attorney a d I've never heard of a notice requirement for overtime... an earlier poster hit the nail on the head, CA is an at will employment state. You can't be forced to work overtime, notice or not, but you can be fired for refusing... unless you are something like a truck driver and you have hit your DoT limits and working more hours would violate DoT regs.
  • Options
    Lol I’m pretty sure the OP wanted this thread to be about Revan, not labor laws and working overtime. Some threads really get off topic quick.

Back on topic, I’m sure we will still see the Revan event this week. Kinda strange that we don’t have his kit yet, but we’ll probably get it tomorrow or the next day.
  • deadaelus
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Hello Peter what's happening.I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here at around....9 that'd be great.

I don’t know, tho. That’s a pretty perfectly placed quote.

Well played sir.
This discussion has been closed.