Stormtrooper Zeta Change

Alright, so we all know the facts here so I won't mince words. Stormtrooper's current Zeta sucks. It's a Zeta more fit for an Attacker, not a Tank.

and before some of you point out that he can do up to 32k damage (from some people that I've seen claim) please remember that his whole Basic's mechanic is that his damage is Unpredictable and also that in order to reach this level of firepower, your Stormtrooper is Alone, No Longer Has +200% Defense, and there's every chance that your Stormtrooper is instead going to Crit for only 8k. Your Stormtrooper is absolutely going to die.

Clutch wins in this scenario are the exception and not the rule.

So, I've seen several ideas for how to change up his Zeta. Some still try to keep him as gaining more Offense the more allies die by having him deal an additional instance of damage for each ally dead. Others try to make him absurdly tanky by having him be Nightsister Zombie: Empire Edition™. And one that I actually liked was filling the ranks of dead or empty Squad Slots with Stormtroopers upon use of a Leader ability with a high cooldown.

However, I think that I've come up with a much more modest approach. One that Stormtrooper's Zeta strong, but not overpowered due to its ability to be countered relatively easily. This won't be a Meta Shifter, but it would make him a ton more useful.

Wall of Stormtroopers
Unique
Stormtrooper gainst 40% Defense for each living Empire Ally. [Zeta Text] Whenever Taunt expires on Stormtrooper, immediately regain Taunt for 2 turns. Additionally, whenever Taunt expires, Stormtrooper recovers 100% Max Protection and 25% Max Health.

This change would render Stormtrooper into a pretty powerful Tank as his Taunt will not only immediately be regained whenever someone attempts to dispel it, but his Taunt being dispelled will heal him as well.

Now then this Zeta is so strong for two reasons.
1) 50% Protection regain feels a bit weak to me, I don't know how strong Stormtrooper's G12 protection is though, so 100% is likely overkill. Feel free to inform me.

2) This Zeta is ridiculously counterable. If you land either a Healing Immunity or a Buff Immunity on Stormtrooper then this Zeta loses almost all of its worth. Landing both makes it completely worthless. Buff Immunity means that Stormtrooper's Taunt doesn't come back even after being dispelled so it's only a one-time heal until Stormtrooper can reapply Taunt. Healing Immunity means that even if his Taunt does come back, his Protection and Health isn't.

So, what do you all think? Too strong? Not strong enough? Just a couple tweaks?

Replies

• Options
    Overall, especially considering that he is almost never used, I feel that this Zeta would be a great change, only thing i'd add to make it more of a toss up between him and Shore, is some way that the rest of the team regains health, like All Imperial Trooper Allies gain half of these effects, or something.
  • Options
    That sounds great! Just a little addition.

Wall of Stormtroopers
    Unique
    Stormtrooper gainst 40% Defense for each living Empire Ally. [Zeta Text] Whenever Taunt expires on Stormtrooper, immediately regain Taunt for 2 turns. Additionally, whenever Taunt expires, Stormtrooper recovers 100% Max Protection and 25% Max Health.

Imperial Trooper allies regain half of this while Empire allies only regain half of the Max Health recovery.

While Stormtrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies gain +30% Defense.
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    Zeta as is does feel weak especially when compared to other options(Ventress, JTR, CLS, Kylos and so on) the above change would work to make it competitive at least.

I'd be happy if there was a tiered system for Zetas, your good zetas(like above) stay as they are.
    Your weaker zetas that are highly situational get their price/requirements cut in half. Or get boosted, talking about Greedo, IG, SRey, StormT and many more.

Either make them 10 zetas, 5 Omegas and 10 purples or boost them, especially for raid viability.
  • Options
    I hope this isn’t considered a necro...

Looking around my remaining empire zetas to zeta- I was looking at storms and then searched here and I found this gem! I love the ideas. But now I want more!

RG - doesn’t need a zeta but needs a cleanse and some synergy!

Kren - keep the zeta but as a unique.

Gar- that 5 percent does nothing. Add more counter chance.