Omega buy worth it??

As many of you probably had the same problem I feel it's a good idea to ask.

I currently get rank 1-5 in fleet arena, so I'm constantly getting currency and I'm not interested in buying any pilots or ships at the moment. So I was buying zetas. However I'm getting to 40-60 zetas and having 0 Omegas. the price difference between the two is very little and zetas seem to be much harder to come by in the game.

Basically my question is this. Does anybody buy Omegas in fleet shop??? Is it worth it/make a difference?

Replies

• Options
    How much are those Zetas worth without the omegas to you? That should answer if it’s worth it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    if you need them and have the currency.... I think you are the only one that can answer if its worth it.

I can make it worth it without buying them, but not everyone can hold out.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I would always go for zetas. I can get an omega every day after finishing my tasks, packs of ten in the weekly shipments, as event rewards, and sometimes when doing other battles. Zetas are a little harder to come by.
  • Options
    i would buy if you need omegas to use zetas. If your getting stuck without omegas to zeta something, yes buy omegas. If not, stick with zetas

• Options
    I bought an omega the other day for the first time, desperate to put a Zeta on my new CLS and had 12/13. Lol

I'd do it again if needed. Thing about Zetas is, sure, you need 20 at a time, but they only go on a single character ability. GK, for instance, has five abilities and no Zetas, so it takes 25 Omegas to max him out. A toon like Barriss with 4 abilities, one Zeta, requires 28. For someone like CLS and JTR, they need 15 Omegas just for their non-Zeta abilities, then ~35 for their Zeta abilities. That's at least twice as much as non-Zeta toons need.

As you get more and more characters, your need for Omegas will eventually outweigh your need for Zetas. So, yes, I think they're definitely worth it.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Options
    Good points. Feel more comfortable buying them now. Thanks guys!
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I bought an omega the other day for the first time, desperate to put a Zeta on my new CLS and had 12/13. Lol

I'd do it again if needed. Thing about Zetas is, sure, you need 20 at a time, but they only go on a single character ability. GK, for instance, has five abilities and no Zetas, so it takes 25 Omegas to max him out. A toon like Barriss with 4 abilities, one Zeta, requires 28. For someone like CLS and JTR, they need 15 Omegas just for their non-Zeta abilities, then ~35 for their Zeta abilities. That's at least twice as much as non-Zeta toons need.

As you get more and more characters, your need for Omegas will eventually outweigh your need for Zetas. So, yes, I think they're definitely worth it.

Gk doesnt need 25 omegas. Not all his abilities go to lvl8. That should be a hint on whether he needs zetas in the future.

also, i only buy zetas or shards from the fleet store. Omegas arent worth it, just dont splurge your omegas on all your toons and u will do fine.
    Post edited by Eddiemundie on
  • Options
    Buy the omega pack for 1699 crystals. Get 9-25 Omegas and some purple ability material. It’s a good deal. An omega is basically worth 200 crystals. You can use a refresh in the omega Battles and get another one too.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Id recommend the refreshes in the omega events. 200 and then 400. So if you have 600 crystals, thats 300 an omega.

Fleet currency is 1500 and itsbetter to farm zeta at 2000 than the omega at that price.

But... if you need it quickly thats an option.
  • Options
    Omega price in fleet store is too expensive. It is at 1500 but zeta is at 2000. It is better to buy a zeta.
    If omega price would be at 500 maybe i would buy, but not for 1500
  • Options

I currently get rank 1-5 in fleet arena, so I'm constantly getting currency and I'm not interested in buying any pilots or ships at the moment. So I was buying zetas. However I'm getting to 40-60 zetas and having 0 Omegas. the price difference between the two is very little and zetas seem to be much harder to come by in the game.

Basically my question is this. Does anybody buy Omegas in fleet shop??? Is it worth it/make a difference?

I personally refuse to spend 1500 fleet currency on an omega and I'm in the same boat, 60 zeta mats and 5 omegas. The way I look at it however is id rather ALWAYS have a zeta ready when I farm enough omegas. I didn't really start hurting for omegas until the recent chewy event when I had to drop countless amounts on bounty hunters so I'm sure ill catch up again eventually.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Omega price in fleet store is too expensive. It is at 1500 but zeta is at 2000. It is better to buy a zeta.
    If omega price would be at 500 maybe i would buy, but not for 1500

I agree but only if you arent in a last ditch panic mode. If its the lsst hour of the event and you need 1 more... it might be worth it to get it and clear the event.

Otherwise... zeta, greavous, fulcrum, sun fac, chirrut, vader, rex and a few ships are the things to get...

And i only get the others on occassion. Zet is the reason to hord fleer tokens
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I personally refuse to spend 1500 fleet currency on an omega and I'm in the same boat, 60 zeta mats and 5 omegas. The way I look at it however is id rather ALWAYS have a zeta ready when I farm enough omegas. I didn't really start hurting for omegas until the recent chewy event when I had to drop countless amounts on bounty hunters so I'm sure ill catch up again eventually.

This is the perfect way to view it. You get an omega a day.... but only zeta if you do well in fleet arena and a few other events. Much more rare
  • Options

The short answer is you will always be short on omegas no matter how much you spend on them. The game is designed for you to be unable to farm omegas so you just have to deal with it.
  • Options
    Someone, I think it may have been Kyno in a different thread, suggested that once you hit 10 zetas stop spending omegas. I've done that for my last two zetas and it's worked perfectly that you'll hit 10/13/16 within a day or two of getting 20 zetas. You should be earning minimum 10 omegas a week even with bad RNG.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Someone, I think it may have been Kyno in a different thread, suggested that once you hit 10 zetas stop spending omegas. I've done that for my last two zetas and it's worked perfectly that you'll hit 10/13/16 within a day or two of getting 20 zetas. You should be earning minimum 10 omegas a week even with bad RNG.

That doesn’t apply to this guy at all. He is already 60 zeta mats ahead.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My advice is just skip 1 major content release. I skipped the whole revan shebang and it’s really helping me round out my omega abilities. I’m even back to the point where I care if I get zeta drops.
  • Options
    All I meant @Olddumper is for going forward to avoid this problem in the future. My apologies.