Well Revan met his match already?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Revan was secretly an Ewok Rework. Make Ewoks Great Again!
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »
    You call 100+ mods undermodded, lol.
    The Problem is more that speed beat all.

The mods in the pic above were not the mods he had on during the video. In this thread it was stated that Revan had +30 speed at the time.

His speed was 103 before remodding.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    It was confirmed that the Revan wasn't even g12 and the Jedi were undermodded. AND the murderbears had mods that maybe .01% people have.

1) I think the point is more that he couldn't hold against a non-meta team 2)those might not be god mods but that's still stacking a toon of speed. So what it basically means is for him not to be beaten by non-meta teams he needs more than just very good mods, he needs best of the best god mods.

I'd be curious to see that same murder bear team go against some of the other meta teams. That would put to rest whether it's a matter of "they can beat any team because of those god mods" or "Revan just isn't pvp material." I'm inclined toward the latter since the murder bears inherently don't trigger key parts of Revan's kit (anti-dark side, anti-Traya mechanics; anti-Nest mechanic).

His whole kit looks like he was meant to be a god in STR not PvP.

I do think Revan is much more reliant on mods than say, bastila or traya. Their kits kinda make up for bad mods. That said, I am in 2nd place since yesterday last night with a Revan team (not all Jedi). I couldn't be beat at UTC+1 payout according to a shard mate. I have good mods on my team for sure and I haven't even come close to losing on offense. I have a guildmate in my shard who has a great maxed traya team. I removed my arrows so he could win last night without blowing crystals for refreshes. I am on a december 2015 shard. He is fine on defense.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Nevermind
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    uu5wgkvmwi9y.jpeg
    Says revan has been remodded since adding +30 speed
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    This is the thing, he's so focused on meta teams that anything not meta can beat him. Ewoks being lightside just adds icing to the cake since his kit is so much better against Dark side toons.

Got stuff against Bast and Traya, and that's about it. Through in Ewoks who can be beaten by the other meta teams easily, and its gg against Revan. Revan is even losing against Bast on defence, losing against Traya on defence...

They made his kit too complicated for the AI to use right. Palps for example was simple, if not blocked, uses his aoe stun, if low on health, does his health up, otherwise basic.

Revan is like, doing 100 things at once that really only a human will be able to use him right. Even GMY plays his kit wrong on defence... really tbh all Jedi seem to be terrible defenders.
  • Options
    Everyone keeps going on about Revan as a lead.

I guarantee you revan will destroy under Bastilla lead. He's essentially a better supporter than R2D2. Gives extra stats, a free resurrection and has a chain group burst burst like what hermit Yoda has.

Someone should test bastilla, revan, gmy, hermit Yoda with ezra or GK
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    This is the thing, he's so focused on meta teams that anything not meta can beat him. Ewoks being lightside just adds icing to the cake since his kit is so much better against Dark side toons.

Got stuff against Bast and Traya, and that's about it. Through in Ewoks who can be beaten by the other meta teams easily, and its gg against Revan. Revan is even losing against Bast on defence, losing against Traya on defence...

They made his kit too complicated for the AI to use right. Palps for example was simple, if not blocked, uses his aoe stun, if low on health, does his health up, otherwise basic.

Revan is like, doing 100 things at once that really only a human will be able to use him right. Even GMY plays his kit wrong on defence... really tbh all Jedi seem to be terrible defenders.

Pretty much. Watching Zaul Ewoks and a bunch of cut rate stuff is a direct result of his kit just being built out of ex machina to the current meta
  • Options
    I think the guy with those Ewoks is the only player in the game with maxed Ewoks and those quality of mods. If you think this is broken, be my guest and farm / gear / mod your Ewoks.
  • Options
    Yeah no worries about ewoks cuz they dont exist in arena
  • Options
    Any new character has to be beatable.

It is only the players who get themselves worked up in a frenzy about certain new characters.

They are all engineered to be beatable.
  • Options

It is only the players who get themselves worked up in a frenzy about certain new characters.

This doesn't really feel like he was engineered to be beatable, it feels like he was engineered to very specifically counter a few current meta mechanics (nest, Traya, bastila) and not really do much else.

I still like the toon very much - arena defence isn't everything in the game and I still consider him relatively overpowered given most people will pick him up next run and he beats Traya, the hardest character in the game to unlock, easily on offence.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options

This doesn't really feel like he was engineered to be beatable, it feels like he was engineered to very specifically counter a few current meta mechanics (nest, Traya, bastila) and not really do much else.

I still like the toon very much - arena defence isn't everything in the game and I still consider him relatively overpowered given most people will pick him up next run and he beats Traya, the hardest character in the game to unlock, easily on offence.

I partially agree except for the fact that Traya, as any other raid character, is not hard to unlock. The only requirement to unlock her is to be in a guild farming hstr (which technically requires nothing) and press join button (which is again nothing). Unlocking her amongst the firsts or very early was hard. It’s really not anymore. By the time Revan come back, even less.
    I also believe it’s way, way too early to judge Revan’s strenght. I’ll wait at the very least two or three weeks before i start drawing global conclusions on the impact Revan has on the meta. A meta, especially one as diverse as the one we have now, has huge inertia. It will take time to see changes, if it changes.
  • Options

So to be beatable then... :smile:

I've not used him yet. I'm guessing he's good. Probably very good. But, presumably, beatable...like every single character is and should be.

• Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

I partially agree except for the fact that Traya, as any other raid character, is not hard to unlock. The only requirement to unlock her is to be in a guild farming hstr (which technically requires nothing) and press join button (which is again nothing).

It isnt hard to do (like anything else - this is a very straightforward game) , but it will take time. Even if you manage to join a guild that has hstr on auto run, and they collect max tickets every day, it will still take about 6 months to even unlock traya, at 5 star.. And another 8 months to 7 star her.

14 months of farm is pretty much the most time any one character takes to max.
    (for comparison, you can easily farm the Jedi Revan requurements in about 3 months.)
  • Options

I partially agree except for the fact that Traya, as any other raid character, is not hard to unlock. The only requirement to unlock her is to be in a guild farming hstr (which technically requires nothing) and press join button (which is again nothing).

It isnt hard to do (like anything else - this is a very straightforward game) , but it will take time. Even if you manage to join a guild that has hstr on auto run, and they collect max tickets every day, it will still take about 6 months to even unlock traya, at 5 star.. And another 8 months to 7 star her.

(for comparison, you can easily farm the Jedi Revan requurements in about 3 months.)

You screwed up your math somewhere. Last place raid rewards 5 Traya shards. You can raid every 3.67 days. That’s 1.36 Traya shards per day. That’s 106 days to 5 star and 243 days to 7 star.

Granted that’s still a long time, so your overall point remains, I’m just pointing out that it isn’t THAT long.
  • Options
    If you do the math, the Ewoks would go first no matter what here.

The guy could have the exact same mods on Revan that the guy had on his Ewok, and the Ewok still would have gone first because he ends up gaining more speed from his unique than Revan gains from his ability.

Paploo was at 325 with +146 from mods.
    Revan was 301 with +133 from mods.

Give Revan the extra 13 speed from mods Paploo has, and he ends up at 314, which is still slower than the 325 speed Paploo.

It's not that the guy had god mods on his Ewoks (though he definitely did have much better mods), it's that Ewoks are much faster than Revan teams anyway.
  • Options

It is kinda true and what i said was theoretical anyway but as bulldog said it’s not as long as you make it to be (a little over 3 months to unlock at most). Traya is perfectly viable at 5* so you can start using her as soon as you unlock her.
    3 months to farm or characters to 7* will cost you crystals, although not that much. It will also require you to dedicate your farming exclusively to them for that long. Traya is 100% free.

Anyway it’s not really the point of this thread. Just wanted to point out that raid characters are technically the cheapest, easiest characters to get in the game. It’s true though that for a newer player revan and his squad will be way more accessible than traya and her squad.
  • Options
    Any team can lose on defense. Revan is no different. You just need resilient characters to defeat him. Lightside scoundrels, nightsisters, ewoks, even droids can beat revan teams on offense with a good plan. All said teams get smashed on defense by revan ... like in under a minute.
  • Options
    Any team can lose on defense. Revan is no different. You just need resilient characters to defeat him. Lightside scoundrels, nightsisters, ewoks, even droids can beat revan teams on offense with a good plan. All said teams get smashed on defense by revan ... like in under a minute.

And, they've got to be good enough to work their way to the top of an Arena ladder, though all of the other top-tier teams, to even get a shot at attacking a Revan team, in the first place.