Survival Challenge

Have a lot of unused high level/gear characters you're not using (especially now that GW is easy mode)? Survival Challenge takes anyone and everyone. Defeat as many enemy waves as you can, with all of your characters.

I'm no game programmer, but am guessing the devs can toss something like this out in about 2 hours.

Every game has it, this game needs it.

Replies

• Options
    Sounds the same as GW.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    They should do this with a very small
    Credit prize for each battle
    One, not a huge prize so then the people with small rosters don't feel left out, but a good fun challenge for us with huge amounts of high level characters.
    A challenge where the fun is greater then the reward
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Sounds the same as GW.

really not. I'm using the same 5 chars every day for GW, sometimes 1 or 2 more when I lose one of my base team - which happens something like once in a week... So I would really love a game mode where I'm pretty much forced to use all my chars !
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, BUT I'd introduce a twist.

You know how you have the daily challenges for attackers, tanks and so on? Do the same, but not for classes. For factions. One day a Scoundrel challenge, another day a Sith challenge and so on. Obviously you would only be able to use characters belonging to a specific faction.

Or another way: you must have a specific character on your team to participate. So if you have a Greedo challenge, you must use him plus any other four characters. Completing that challenge (with Greedo alive) would grant, say, 5 or 10 shards for him.
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Yes, BUT I'd introduce a twist.

You know how you have the daily challenges for attackers, tanks and so on? Do the same, but not for classes. For factions. One day a Scoundrel challenge, another day a Sith challenge and so on. Obviously you would only be able to use characters belonging to a specific faction.

Or another way: you must have a specific character on your team to participate. So if you have a Greedo challenge, you must use him plus any other four characters. Completing that challenge (with Greedo alive) would grant, say, 5 or 10 shards for him.

This is actually a really good idea.
  • Options
    GW has an end to it, survival mode would go on as long as you have a hero left to use. Maybe reward per enemy kill, with no rounds.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Elinad wrote: »
    I'm using the same 5 chars every day for GW

But you don't have to. I change mine up when I have time to waste on GW just for fun. See how far my c squad can go.
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, too time consuming imo. Great idea for some tho :)

Imo we need content and this would be a way to achieve that to some degree BUT it will all hinge on rewards. If the reward is too small, no one will bother. If its too good then you may as well start a thread now for folks who dont have the required toons or dont have enough good toons to cry about it on.
    Its a fine line but could work and certainly couod be fun. I think never ending is a bad idea tho imo
  • Options
    I would be happy for any content right now, I literally can't play the game without paying real money after an hour of play per day, like most folks.

Survival mode is pretty standard in a lot of games. It would go something like 1k credits per kill, and get increasingly difficult up to 10k credits per kill until your entire roster is dead.

I use the same 5 heroes in GW every day and don't need a B team. Survival mode wouldn't make people feel like they have wasted time or energy on a 7* collecting dust because you'll need all of your heroes, every time.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Murderhole wrote: »
    Survival mode wouldn't make people feel like they have wasted time or energy on a 7* collecting dust because you'll need all of your heroes, every time.

Do you read the same posts I do? If people can't complete everything in 30 minutes with the same 5 characters the nerf, Op, impossible threads start.

But yes an unlimited would be awsome.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Sadly true, but it sounds like a fun mode. People just need to understand that a hard (but possible) challenge is sometimes better than an easy win.
    It may not be logical, but it is often true.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Do you read the same posts I do? If people can't complete everything in 30 minutes with the same 5 characters the nerf, Op, impossible threads start.

But yes an unlimited would be awsome.

Yes people will complain about anything until the challenge is totally diluted and they go back to Candy Crush.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Sounds the same as GW.

agree
  • Options
    we need a 1v1 mode that would be funny
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Alecation wrote: »
    But everyone would use the same few chars! Wait, how's that different from now...
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Alecation wrote: »
    But everyone would use the same few chars! Wait, how's that different from now...

would be quite different because of synergy. and there would not be one character that beats all
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

• Options
    I wonder who would be meta in 1v1. I would try out a 7* Fives.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Murderhole wrote: »
    I wonder who would be meta in 1v1. I would try out a 7* Fives.

Rey.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet