Sooooo........ Territory Wars then

Just generally after an answer here my guild leader has followed all the correct procedures to report a mid match but this has been the case for so long now why is a 70 mil GP guild facing off against a 121mil gp guild with no chance in hell of beating them. Is there any present or future plans to look at the mismatch

Replies

• Options
    Already done and no answer
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MrThamer87 wrote: »

That post is not there for each person to get an answer, they are collecting data to work on the balance.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are also a few questions that can help clarify your match,

How many positions are required in each zone?

Did you look up the numbers in game or on swgoh.gg?
  • Options
    Simple the big guilds are sand bagging to get better gear. Matchups are based on participating gp. Guilds with 165 million gp aren't winning against other guilds in the same bracket, second place only gives 2 zetas. So if you accept the fact that you will lose, why put so much effort to only get second place? Instead they sand bag to still get 2 zetas for winning and get better gear for coming in first on a lower tier. CG refuses to admit this is happening.
  • Options
    To fix this all CG has to do is give the top bracket 4 zetas for winning and 3 for second place. The big guilds would stop sand bagging to get the extra zeta.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are also a few questions that can help clarify your match,

How many positions are required in each zone?

Did you look up the numbers in game or on swgoh.gg?
    It’s all been done and thanks for getting back in touch
  • Options

That post is not there for each person to get an answer, they are collecting data to work on the balance.

This has been going on since the inception of TW... I fail to see how a multi million dollar company specializing in an IT related field requires a bunch of average Joe's on a forum to give them data when they have it all at their fingertips....

If they can't query their servers and come up with the data, there is very little hope that they can fix the problem......
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Developers can collect all the data on matches and mismatches they desire through their servers. They don't need forum posts for this. All the forum posts give the developers is data about how many players care to post about mismatches.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Developers can collect all the data on matches and mismatches they desire through their servers. They don't need forum posts for this. All the forum posts give the developers is data about how many players care to post about mismatches.
    BubbaFett wrote: »

This has been going on since the inception of TW... I fail to see how a multi million dollar company specializing in an IT related field requires a bunch of average Joe's on a forum to give them data when they have it all at their fingertips....

If they can't query their servers and come up with the data, there is very little hope that they can fix the problem......

The player base is stating their is a mismatch. The data they are looking for helps them narrow what we call a mismatch to data they have and can help them tailor this more towards what the player base wants to experience.

Looking at raw data does nothing to measure the player experience.

• Options

The player base is stating their is a mismatch. The data they are looking for helps them narrow what we call a mismatch to data they have and can help them tailor this more towards what the player base wants to experience.

Really?..... I used a bot to query the other guild.....

They have 5 Traya, one is triple zeta, we have zero
    They have 5 Revan, we have two
    They have more nests and bastila as well
    108GP vs 86GP (all participating)
    They have twice as many G12 as we do (one guy is over 4mil and has 1/3 our total)

So why is it I can know we are up the creek before the curtain drops and they can't?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They have twice as many G12 as we do (one guy is over 4mil and has 1/3 our total)

So why is it I can know we are up the creek before the curtain drops and they can't?

Because that's how you feel, there are other players who post on here about playing at a disadvantage and winning.

Matching player experience vs data is not about 1 single thing or even 1 single guild.

Honestly from that, I would say that's a fair match. You dont need treya to beat treya, and you only need a handful of counter teams to clear that.

• Options

Because that's how you feel, there are other players who post on here about playing at a disadvantage and winning.

Matching player experience vs data is not about 1 single thing or even 1 single guild.

Honestly from that, I would say that's a fair match. You dont need treya to beat treya, and you only need a handful of counter teams to clear that.

Really?.... My initial numbers were off, my bad.... But I was close.... Does this look like a fair match to you?

jogrnbhxjmzz.jpg
    85e6vpz5ir1s.jpg
    thfc6fdwzoz1.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Really?.... My initial numbers were off, my bad.... But I was close.... Does this look like a fair match to you?

jogrnbhxjmzz.jpg
    85e6vpz5ir1s.jpg
    thfc6fdwzoz1.jpg

It looks like a match that is winnable, wont be easy, and there are up to 8 of each character quantity that may not be there.

It's all about counters and how you build up your guild.

No this doesnt look like an easy win, but it also doenst look like a direct loss. This is why they want people reporting what they see as a mismatch, to help them understand the player experience better, not just direct it all off numbers. There are guilds out there that are doing well even in this match up scenario, and they like it.

That is why they are asking for people who do not like the matches they get to report it so they can work on the matchmaking.
  • Options

jogrnbhxjmzz.jpg
    85e6vpz5ir1s.jpg
    thfc6fdwzoz1.jpg

It looks like a match that is winnable, wont be easy, and there are up to 8 of each character quantity that may not be there.

It's all about counters and how you build up your guild.

No this doesnt look like an easy win, but it also doenst look like a direct loss. This is why they want people reporting what they see as a mismatch, to help them understand the player experience better, not just direct it all off numbers. There are guilds out there that are doing well even in this match up scenario, and they like it.

That is why they are asking for people who do not like the matches they get to report it so they can work on the matchmaking.

To be clear Kyno, we almost never get a guild that is anywhere near us GP wise, always at least 20 mil GP higher.... I don't mind a challenge, I think strategy is part of the fun... But their entire front territory is gold, Zetas, Traya, Revan and speed mods that look like they came from a gamechanger account....

We work with our guild to by of the right teams etc, but we aren't Hstr yet and only have a couple of whales with Revan etc.....

And honestly, you say "it's all about counters and how you build your guild up",... well.then what is the point of mstchmaking in the first place?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Again:
    The only real data collected here, is how many care to post about mismatches.

Each poster could feel/experience a mismatch for different reasons.
    Most player, who experience a mismatch, would never post about it here.
    Most posters only mention the total GP of the two guilds and nothing else.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Again:
    The only real data collected here, is how many care to post about mismatches.

Each poster could feel/experience a mismatch for different reasons.
    Most player, who experience a mismatch, would never post about it here.
    Most posters only mention the total GP of the two guilds and nothing else.

Correct, which allows them to balance what data they see vs the players who are not enjoying it, allowing it to be best match for the people who are not liking it. Squeaky wheel and such.

This should also allow them to not over compensate, which could happen if they based it on just data.
  • Options
    To fix this all CG has to do is give the top bracket 4 zetas for winning and 3 for second place. The big guilds would stop sand bagging to get the extra zeta.

Or match against total guild GP (not participating GP). If guilds have players that are not getting involved they need to get rid...simple
  • Options

Or match against total guild GP (not participating GP). If guilds have players that are not getting involved they need to get rid...simple

Sorry guild mates, won’t be able to participate in next TW as my mother just died...

Boot! You’re gone!

Seems harsh.
  • Options
    The gorilla is that gp is a horrible means to match teams and guilds, and participating gp even worse.

A 4mil gb account isn't equal to 2 mil gp accounts.

A 1gp account can have JTR and cls, and even revan, and a 2gp account can have none of them.

So as long as the base it off gp, and active gp particularly, these things the computer sees as a balanced match will continue to be curbstomps.

And maybe your guild just isn't that great. I've come to realize mine is a good group of people that do the raids where I need them to be, have helped me along, but when I'm at 1.2 million gp in a 90 mil gp guild with one of the only jtr, no wonder we never win tw. There's a lot of head scratching players with 2+ mil gp that Idk what they are spending their resources on. But you know what, more power to them
  • Options
    Simple the big guilds are sand bagging to get better gear. Matchups are based on participating gp. Guilds with 165 million gp aren't winning against other guilds in the same bracket, second place only gives 2 zetas. So if you accept the fact that you will lose, why put so much effort to only get second place? Instead they sand bag to still get 2 zetas for winning and get better gear for coming in first on a lower tier. CG refuses to admit this is happening.

Do you think this is really the case? That seems like an awful lot of work for a minimal difference in prizes. I think the matchmaking is just really bad.