Galactic War Team help

Hello all,

I have recently returned to the game, reached 85 and am working on the pillars. I have just 3 stared all of, light hard, dark hard, and cantina (still working on Fleet). I have only been able to clear Galactic War table 51/150 times. I REALLY want to be able to sim this as it take so much time for me to get through (as much as I can) the table each day. I am only able to clear it like 2-3x a week. It seems to have gotten a LOT harder once I unlocked CLS. I am looking for advice as to what team I should be using to clear this. I have been using my Phoenix and Empire teams but as I said it not cutting it. If I only clear it 2x a week it will be a year before I can sim it (ugh). Please help. The link to my collection is below.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you might provide!

https://swgoh.gg/p/312285315/

Replies

• Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    When you start and have easy battles make sure you get every squad you can use in for a battle(battles 1-5 usually). Make sure they come out with good health/protection and their Cooldown. This is key because TM stays so when you enter a tough battle any squad is ready to go and will get a round or 2 of attacks before your enemy. For your mid range squads your Phoenix should roll through ok but once you reach the end tailor your squads to who you fight. Remember you can restart and that is your friend. One last piece of advice is when you come up on those impossible squads sometimes just cut the head off a snake and send in a new squad. What I mean by that is if you face a tough MT squad you should turn on airplane mode and focus on ending the battle with her dead, anything else is bonus. Then send a second squad to clean up
  • Options
    Bouu,

Thanks for the response. Great advice and I only recently realized I could restart a battle. I have been using these tricks and am still only able to clear 2-3x a week. I think I need an additional team (teams?) but not sure where I should start. I am working on CLS. I just zeta his Bind all Things yesterday (my first zeta). I am also working on raid Han, I am down to the last 20 shards needed to 7s him. Should have that done this week (Thanks Guild!!!). I am not sure what a good CLS team would be for the table. I don't want to invest a lot of time and energy (in game and RL) in a team/characters only to realize it is still not good enough for that table. That is why I am asking for a little advice/direction here.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!
  • Options
    Honestly, zFinn, Poe, Don’t have a blue stick Rey, BB-8, R2 and you’ll auto clear it.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, zFinn, Poe, Don’t have a blue stick Rey, BB-8, R2 and you’ll auto clear it.

What he said, team is also great for TW/TB and HAAT so it’s worth the investment. I did it with a Wiggs squad, clones, Phoenix, and a weak Vader/boba/Tarkin squad (stack debuffs and execute/culling blade). Rolled through usually 7 a week and rarely got caught up. My close friend got a few zetas on his Phoenix and high gear and he was able to auto play every battle (wouldn’t recommend that route zfinn is less investment with better payout).

One other tip is make sure you have something ready for everyone. On my clones I made sure echo was near full TM for mass dispell. My rebels were ready target and crush 1/2 people with Wiggs. Vader was near full TM to speed down everyone. I even sometimes mixed in specialty toons like DM to have a mass daze ready. My big key was using easy battles to prep for anything I knew I struggled with. I usually restarted more on the easy battles than the hard ones.

As for CLS I like old Ben, Leia, r2(when he isn’t in my JTR), raid Han. When you get his lead zeta I like k2 and Cassian plus? Any rebel really. Usually Wiggs for me but old Ben and raid Han depending who I fight. It should change every squad really. With how specialized toons are 1 size rarely fits all.
  • Options

Don't have blue stick Rey? I don't have jedi Rey. Does this mean I should use reg Rey? Sorry was u clear about that part.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    If you have a zFinn team he can probably auto any GW team. The new scoundrels with Vandor + 3* L3 are good too but long farm.

But zFinn Poe RT RP +1 resistance work. Get Poes speed above 200 and you can crush most any team in GW. Lower speed will work too. I'm assuming you dont have R2 or BB yet.

Since you have CLS, CLS + Leia, STHan, Old Ben + 1 attacker works great too.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    If you have a zFinn team he can probably auto any GW team. The new scoundrels with Vandor + 3* L3 are good too but long farm.

But zFinn Poe RT RP +1 resistance work. Get Poes speed above 200 and you can crush most any team in GW. Lower speed will work too. I'm assuming you dont have R2 or BB yet.

Since you have CLS, CLS + Leia, STHan, Old Ben + 1 attacker works great too.

I have both R2 (since I have CLS) and BB8
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Then CLS R2 Old Ben Leia STHan should be enough to beat any tough node. Use other teams to beat the weak ones. Get Chirrut when you can. Great rebel healer.