Star Wars the old republic (KOTOR)

124Next

Replies

• I still have the origional discs for both games. I think I had to patch them to run them on win 7. Now I have win 10 but haven't tried. I think I'll probably work on getting sw rebellion to work first. That game is old but loads of fun.

If you don't, there is an XP emulator. Not sure where to find it, but its called oracle VM virtualbox

Yeah I know. I had to use a win 95 emulator for one game but don't remember which. I got most to work on win 7 without one though with minor annoyances like not being able to skip an opening sequence.

I like going back and playing old games. They are still fun even though the graphics need work.

Overall the strategy ones hold up the best because the graphics are less important to the gameplay.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I finished KotOR 1 and have installed and am working on the intro, which is a cool set up btw. Is there a patch or an update or something I should be looking for for my KotOR 2 quest?

I will say this: LIGHTSABERS ARE SCARCE in kotor 2. However (only on my last playthrough a couple of months ago) did I discover another duplicate items cheat - easily found on Youtube
    https://youtu.be/krUxLGyT8oQ

I will keep that in mind. Normally I prefer a clean play the first time, then I go for cheats. Feels more authentic to me.

Me too - but when I say lightsabers are scarce - I really mean it!

In KOTOR 2 you can gain influence with your entire squad and turn them into your padawans (except droids and Mandalore/Canderous also Wookie if darkside) - everyone else can be a jedi - so finding enough lightsabers and robes and crystals for them "naturally" is hard as all loot found in KOTOR 2 is random - NEVER THE SAME on any second playthrough!

The first time I played it, I failed to turn everyone to Jedi and also the ones I did, did not have sufficient lightsabers - It was a mess!!!!

Some cheats like this one are necessary - especially if you want to give some 2 sabers etc.

Order of planets I do is:

Dantooine (get lightsaber & visas [and Disciple if female] joins crew - can also turn Bao Dur here to Jedi)
    Nar Shadaa (can turn Atton and Mira to Jedi)
    Korriban
    Dxun/Onderon (can also turn Bao Dur here)

It is difficult to gain influence so some walkthroughs are helpful in that regard.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox/920194-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords/faqs/34513

Of note "cannon" playthrough is lightside/female.
  • Boo wrote: »
    I finished KotOR 1 and have installed and am working on the intro, which is a cool set up btw. Is there a patch or an update or something I should be looking for for my KotOR 2 quest?

I will say this: LIGHTSABERS ARE SCARCE in kotor 2. However (only on my last playthrough a couple of months ago) did I discover another duplicate items cheat - easily found on Youtube

I will keep that in mind. Normally I prefer a clean play the first time, then I go for cheats. Feels more authentic to me.

Me too - but when I say lightsabers are scarce - I really mean it!

In KOTOR 2 you can gain influence with your entire squad and turn them into your padawans (except droids and Mandalore/Canderous also Wookie if darkside) - everyone else can be a jedi - so finding enough lightsabers and robes and crystals for them "naturally" is hard as all loot found in KOTOR 2 is random - NEVER THE SAME on any second playthrough!

The first time I played it, I failed to turn everyone to Jedi and also the ones I did, did not have sufficient lightsabers - It was a mess!!!!

Some cheats like this one are necessary - especially if you want to give some 2 sabers etc.

Order of planets I do is:

Dantooine (get lightsaber & visas [and Disciple if female] joins crew - can also turn Bao Dur here to Jedi)
    Nar Shadaa (can turn Atton and Mira to Jedi)
    Korriban
    Dxun/Onderon (can also turn Bao Dur here)

It is difficult to gain influence so some walkthroughs are helpful in that regard.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox/920194-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords/faqs/34513

Of note "cannon" playthrough is lightside/female.

I chose a male, I figured the game would pick up with Revan after the events of KotOR 1. It was nice seeing the ebon hawk.
  • Darth sion on the first planet? seems strange. But the game set up is cool. Like how the level switches between main and t3
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Darth sion on the first planet? seems strange. But the game set up is cool. Like how the level switches between main and t3

Sion will be a thron in your side throughout the game - he and his SIth Assasins are constantly hunting the Exile.

Has Kreia lost her hand yet?
    Darth sion on the first planet? seems strange. But the game set up is cool. Like how the level switches between main and t3

Sion will be a thron in your side throughout the game - he and his SIth Assasins are constantly hunting the Exile.

No. I just got to the part where I attempted to rescue the miners, got the code to the turbolift back to administration.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

No. I just got to the part where I attempted to rescue the miners, got the code to the turbolift back to administration.

That code is annoying, lol - so is the voice print when you get to that one, lol

That code is annoying, lol - so is the voice print when you get to that one, lol

Wasn't that before, when you meet hk-50?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Wasn't that before, when you meet hk-50?

Right! - I forget the order of all the little puzzles. You are nearly off Peragus then!

Yay!

Note on Telos (your next planet) on citadel station there is a task to track down 2 fugitives - there is a certain order to do that task, if done wrong the task never completes and the quest sits active for the entire game - so google that when you get there.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Also you meet Bao Dur on Telos itself. Also note that getting him to be a Jedi he needs to witness kind acts towards others, so make sure he is present in your party when you do nice deeds for people - doesn't take long to get him to be a Jedi.

Also he only wears armour - so when you get him to a Jedi, only promote force powers on him that are not restricted by armour. Food for thought.

You probably won't need to use cheats on your second run. I found you can really power game kotor2 once you've run through it. A consulor thst duel wields sabers with ability boosting crystals is terribly unbalanced. Don't even need to use the sabers :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I pushed through last night and made it off of that rock, took out the asteroids in the process. Kreia lost her hand to sion... Off to Telos.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I pushed through last night and made it off of that rock, took out the asteroids in the process. Kreia lost her hand to sion... Off to Telos.

Maybe we should start a new thread on off topic for KOTOR 2 to continue this discussion and your progress?
    I pushed through last night and made it off of that rock, took out the asteroids in the process. Kreia lost her hand to sion... Off to Telos.

Maybe we should start a new thread on off topic for KOTOR 2 to continue this discussion and your progress?

I could...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I could...

Where are you at now?

I could...

Where are you at now?

I am on Nar Shadaa, but that is in my thread called Chucko Marek vs The Lords of the Sith a kotor 2 story or some jazz like that.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I could...

Where are you at now?

I am on Nar Shadaa, but that is in my thread called Chucko Marek vs The Lords of the Sith a kotor 2 story or some jazz like that.

Can you link the thread here?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    No worries I found it now! lol