Do I need higher gear/omega's and zeta's to beat the event?

boii
19 posts Member
So far this is my squad for Chewie.
Don't mind the mods, if these don't do it I'll get my arena mods which are all as much speed as I could get. My question is if I have to gear them higher, use more omega's/zeta's to get chewie? I've just started starring bossk and IG88 and Greedo are relatively easy through arena store.

Replies

• Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’d be more concerned by your lack of Dengar to handle Smokescreen...
    Most important two characters are:
    Boba - ideally G12, all Omegas and CD mods.
    Dengar - doesn’t need to be G12 but does need to survive and stealth to block smokescreen.
  • boii
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I’d be more concerned by your lack of Dengar to handle Smokescreen...
    Most important two characters are:
    Boba - ideally G12, all Omegas and CD mods.
    Dengar - doesn’t need to be G12 but does need to survive and stealth to block smokescreen.

Dengar is not easy to get I can't farm him from any node so I'm gonna try to make due with what I have or should I be patient and farm him through guild store?
  • Options
    You probably have enough time to farm up Dengar by the time Chewie comes back.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    You probably have enough time to farm up Dengar by the time Chewie comes back.

Or gear the others higher? G12 Bossk isn't far off and he seems to have a great ship too.
  • Options
    G12 Bossk lead got me through it, but I also had Dengar. I'd recommend getting him, and replace IG88.
  • Options
    My problem is devoting Guild store currency to Dengar shards greatly hurts gear progression. It's a toss up.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    My problem is devoting Guild store currency to Dengar shards greatly hurts gear progression. It's a toss up.

It would probably cost me the same amount of guild store currency to gear them all atleast g11 as to star a new hero. My IG88 will easily get 7 starred and is already G11 is it really better to throw him away for a new not geared 2 starred dengar?
  • Options
    IG-88 is one of the biggest glass cannons in the game, even G11 or higher he's like a G9 regular toon. Granted he has a ship now so any investment will I'm sure payoff in the new BH ship Meta they're forcing down our throats.

As for Dengar, many say he's absolutely critical to 7* Chewie. Virtually unanimous, even moreso than Bossk.
  • Options
    The reason for Dengar requirement, as stated above, is his ability to block stealth, smoke screen. To beat the event you need to kill chewie asap to stop the protection. If R2 keeps him hidden, you will heavily struggle to beat it.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Winning strategy, for the most part:

Hope Han doesn't stun one of YOUR stunners. Target Chewie. If R2 does smokescreen on his first move, restart. If he doesn't, kill Chewie. Use Boba to ability block R2 or ROLO, whichever one isn't stunned. ROLO will mass ability block your team and you're done.

When in doubt? Kill Chewie.