Chewbacca - Loyal friend ability

Hello guys,

Chewbacca has an ability Loyal friend : At the start of the battle, grant Guard to the weakest ally and Han Solo until Chewbacca is defeated. Chewbacca Assists when a Guarded ally uses any ability during their turn, doing 20% less damage, limited once per turn. When Chewbacca deals damage to an enemy, he and all Guarded allies recover 3% Health and 3% Protection.

"The weakest ally", what does it mean ? Which characteristic is concerned ?

Replies

• Options
    Lowest combined amount of Health and Protection
  • Options
    Lowest combined amount of Health and Protection

This. I've actually tested a few scenarios, and that seems to be the case.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    with bastila 5star i have plus health+ prot than gmy (7star) but guard goes on bastila...why?
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I too have found this quite strange at times. I wonder if in a Bastila team it is accounting for the bonus protection from her lead. So someone with greater health gets more bonus protection, but might have lower actual protection. When you add the actual stats it's less but with the possibility of the bonus protection it could be more.

I'm going to test that if I can. I haven't found a definitive answer on what "weakest" really truly is.

Edit: Just tested, bonus protection from the Bastila is indeed counted for the Loyal Friend. In a full Jedi team with a CLuke, CLuke got guard each time even though he had significantly more health and protection than my Bastila.

To further conclude, the correct interpretation is:

Guard goes to the character with the least amount of "hitpoints" at the start of the encounter after leader abilities.
  • Options
    LordInuy wrote: »
    with bastila 5star i have plus health+ prot than gmy (7star) but guard goes on bastila...why?

Bastila gives different amounts of Protection Up to different character based on THAT character's health. If GMY has higher base health, he's going to end up with a lot more Protection and no longer weakest ally.
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer. It seems that the health bonus granted by R2 at the beginning of the game is also counted as that of Bastila.