Not seeing certain forum members

Hey y’all, has anyone had this problem?

Certain forum members I cannot see their replies to any discussions. Sometimes I can see that theirs is the most recent reply, but I cannot find it when I click on the discussion.

So when I go to their profile, I can’t see any of their discussions, or replies that they’ve made. It’s all blocked off. But I can see others discussions and replies. Does anyone have this problem? Should I state their names or keep them private?
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Options
    They’re on a time out. You’re not missing out honestly. Most of them are in a time out for good reason.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    They’re on a time out. You’re not missing out honestly. Most of them are in a time out for good reason.

Yeah but if that’s the case, why’ve they been in time out for months, and I’m not exaggerating?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Came out of time out and went back in again? I know of at least 1 account like that, or rather 1 clone account of this 1 guy with many accounts that’ll keep creating new ones when his old one gets banned or timed out.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Came out of time out and went back in again? I know of at least 1 account like that, or rather 1 clone account of this 1 guy with many accounts that’ll keep creating new ones when his old one gets banned or timed out.

Okay, just didn’t know what’d happened. Go to my profile and look at the most recent reply on my discussion titled, 'new maul team but without traya'. The most recent reply is by one of those guys, and I can’t see his reply.
  • Options
    Verbal PVP is the pastime of the bored.. Hence time outs..
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I recently discovered, such strange behaviour on my account. For a few days I could only see my own posts if logged in - otherwise they would be hidden. I contacted a forum moderator asking him why this was the case. I had not received any information about receiving any kind of punishment, and I let the moderator know, that to the best of my knowledge, I had not broken forum rules. The response was, that the administrator had now adressed the issue, and I should not see such behaviour any more. No further information. It may have been a technical issue - or it may not. I cannot tell.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So, my advise to anyone seeing this behaviour is to contact a moderator, to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, my advise to anyone seeing this behaviour is to contact a moderator, to resolve the issue.

Okay, thank you.:)😊
  • Options
    Verbal PVP is the pastime of the bored.. Hence time outs..

How do we get so lucky? lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    When the spam filter picks up a post, or Mark's someone as a 'spam bot' (usually due to the double post issue we see sometimes) there posts are 'there' but they are not. They require a mod to go through and approve the post from the spam filter or remove them from the spam listing in the filter.

This. We can usually resolve it pretty quickly. Somethings are above us and we need to request it, but most stuff we can handle.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    When the spam filter picks up a post, or Mark's someone as a 'spam bot' (usually due to the double post issue we see sometimes) there posts are 'there' but they are not. They require a mod to go through and approve the post from the spam filter or remove them from the spam listing in the filter.

This. We can usually resolve it pretty quickly. Somethings are above us and we need to request it, but most stuff we can handle.

Thank you @Kyno. How do I contact you in the future if I need you or a mods help?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can send any of us a direct message on the forum if you see this happening.
  • Options
    You can send any of us a direct message on the forum if you see this happening.

Okay, thanks Mr. @Kyno😊
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

That's true, but when this happens, the poster gets a message, that his comment/post has to be reviewed first before appearing on the forum. Furthermore, in this case the post is not visible by the poster him/herself. My case was different as described above and hence not a simple case of frequent posting or editing of posts. For a few days all my posts were fully visible to myself and fully hidden from anybody else. Furthermore I had not received any message - neither pop-up or in my in-box. The administrator, who resolved the issue, didn't provide any information on the cause of this behaviour (not even after I asked). I therefore have no idea wether it was a technical issue, some sort of stealth punishment or something completely different.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That's true, but when this happens, the poster gets a message, that his comment/post has to be reviewed first before appearing on the forum. Furthermore, in this case the post is not visible by the poster him/herself. My case was different as described above and hence not a simple case of frequent posting or editing of posts. For a few days all my posts were fully visible to myself and fully hidden from anybody else. Furthermore I had not received any message - neither pop-up or in my in-box. The administrator, who resolved the issue, didn't provide any information on the cause of this behaviour (not even after I asked). I therefore have no idea wether it was a technical issue, some sort of stealth punishment or something completely different.

They dont always get a message about posts being pulled (Not sure why) and they dont get any message if the system views them as a spam bot (that would defeat the purpose I would think).

Yes, what you are describing is the system marking you as a spam bot, and pulling posts. This is a web hosting "feature" that is just as overly sensetive as the filter. We catch some of them and fix it when we can but there is little way for us to know if someone has been flagged, because we can still see the posts as mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ok. Thank you for the clarification.