More idle speculation on Jedi Luke event

Prev1
Yes, it may seem trivial to speculate on details of an event that hasn't been confirmed or even really mentioned yet, but I had some down time and decided to see how close I could come to predicting the structure of a JKLS event.

So here goes...

Toons required:

ROLO
CHS
R2D2
HY
OT Chewie

(possible: HT, HS, Lando, Lobot, Wampa, new toon like 3PO or other)

Stage 1: Hoth

Requires: CLS, ROLO, CHS, R2

Rounds: 1 Enemies: Veers, Starck, various snow troopers

Stage 2: Hoth

Rounds: 3, final round vs AT-ST

Comments: Veers and Starck may appear together or separately or as part of Stage 2, HT and HS may be required

Stage 3: Dagoba

Requires: CLS, HY, R2

Rounds: 3 Jedi training with HY

Stage 4: Dagoba

Requires: CLS

Rounds: 1 Cave duel with Vader

Comments: Difficult to predict nature of Dagoba segment. Might involve an usual enemy like the destructible crates seen in past events or some hostile Dagoba fauna created especially for the event.

Stage 5: Bespin

Requires: ROLO, Chewie, R2

Rounds: 3 Fight imperials and Boba Fett

Stage 6: Bespin

Final duel with Vader

Comments: CHS unlikely to feature as he is not dressed for Bespin--a reskin of HS does exist as an asset in the game. As with Old Ben in CLS event, the final duel will feature a must lose mechanic with an escape triggered by some condition being met (probably just surviving long enough).

Like the title says, idle speculation, but that's what I came up with based on a review of past events.

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Because we needed another thread on this to merge with the other 3 years worth in feedback. We all concluded Hoda will not be involved. Wampa is not involved.

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

Most likely pick up at Jabba’s palace in Jedi, no more Empire movie characters.
  • Options
    B0R345 wrote: »
    Yes, it may seem trivial to speculate on details of an event that hasn't been confirmed or even really mentioned yet, but I had some down time and decided to see how close I could come to predicting the structure of a JKLS event.

So here goes...

Toons required:

ROLO
    CHS
    R2D2
    HY
    OT Chewie

Comments: Veers and Starck may appear together or separately or as part of Stage 2, HT and HS may be required

Comments: Difficult to predict nature of Dagoba segment. Might involve an usual enemy like the destructible crates seen in past events or some hostile Dagoba fauna created especially for the event.

Final duel with Vader

Comments: CHS unlikely to feature as he is not dressed for Bespin--a reskin of HS does exist as an asset in the game. As with Old Ben in CLS event, the final duel will feature a must lose mechanic with an escape triggered by some condition being met (probably just surviving long enough).

Like the title says, idle speculation, but that's what I came up with based on a review of past events.

Considering jedi are meta right now don't expect jedi luke for at least another 9-12 months. Jedi luke has to be OP and with us having an OP jedi Revan now adding luke would make that team ridiculous. Also knowing the kinda money he could bring in it won't be with any toons we have now. It will be like the Revan event. They will release 5 new toons then pop the event soon after making us whale to get jedi luke
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Because we needed another thread on this to merge with the other 3 years worth in feedback. We all concluded Hoda will not be involved. Wampa is not involved.

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

If Hyoda isnt involved it'd be the strangest move possible seeing as how he is pulled completely from ep 5 amd is the key in Luke's training to become a jedi.

That being said, if they do pull the stunt and omit him i can say with absolute certainty that I'd delete the app even after 2 and a half years of play

And an added note... even the big YouTube game changers agree HYoda will be needed. If it's obvious to the testers that the pattern is there, i pretty much ignore the input of the forum
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    CapnJack81 wrote: »

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

If Hyoda isnt involved it'd be the strangest move possible seeing as how he is pulled completely from ep 5 amd is the key in Luke's training to become a jedi.

That being said, if they do pull the stunt and omit him i can say with absolute certainty that I'd delete the app even after 2 and a half years of play

And an added note... even the big YouTube game changers agree HYoda will be needed. If it's obvious to the testers that the pattern is there, i pretty much ignore the input of the forum

Thanks I needed a good laugh this morning.

The pattern says you are going to need 5+ characters that were released with in 2-4 months of the character event launch.

that means the characters required haven't even been released yet.
    So save the time and just delete the app now.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

The pattern says you are going to need 5+ characters that were released with in 2-4 months of the character event launch.

So you truly believe that pattern is seen in CLS and JTR? Goof. All but R2 had been in for longer than that for the first heros journey. Your pattern is true for legendary events not the previous two heros.

I have zero problems whaling out on a new toon that's needed just before Luke's second heros journey, that's fine, but not needing a toon that's clearly from the movie next in his line is lame.

I'll keep playing as of now tho cause im positive I'm right. Thanks for the laugh, mate.
  • Options
    I could see Jedi Luke - whenever it happens - being a mix, kind of like JTR. Some toons people should have and maybe 1-2 newer toons you have to either plan for or pay for (like the Vets). Except I could see this being a mix with some random toons that fit the movie time period rewarding older players - like Lobot - who most newer folks will not have and may need to pay up for in a panic farm. When CLS came around some older players didn't blink b/c they had every toon needed 7* and geared from long ago.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

So you truly believe that pattern is seen in CLS and JTR? Goof. All but R2 had been in for longer than that for the first heros journey. Your pattern is true for legendary events not the previous two heros.

I have zero problems whaling out on a new toon that's needed just before Luke's second heros journey, that's fine, but not needing a toon that's clearly from the movie next in his line is lame.

I'll keep playing as of now tho cause im positive I'm right. Thanks for the laugh, mate.

CLS needed on new one r2
    jtr needed 3 new ones vets and bb8
    revan needed 5 new ones
    that is the pattern I see.
    if for some reason jedi or what ever he is called only requires characters that have been in the game for a year than he we most likely suck, nothing like revan or even traya.
  • Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

CLS needed on new one r2
    revan needed 5 new ones
    if for some reason jedi or what ever he is called only requires characters that have been in the game for a year than he we most likely suck, nothing like revan or even traya.

I never denied there could be new toons needed. I simply said if HYoda isn't needed, as many believe he will, then it moves away from the episode 5 movie plot and into the realm of just picking new characters as a cash grab.

I have no problems whaling on any new toons needed for Jedi Luke. Im fine with that.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

CLS needed on new one r2
    revan needed 5 new ones

I never denied there could be new toons needed. I simply said if HYoda isn't needed, as many believe he will, then it moves away from the episode 5 movie plot and into the realm of just picking new characters as a cash grab.

I have no problems whaling on any new toons needed for Jedi Luke. Im fine with that.

just responding to your comments.
    the journey events have went up in # new characters required each time. that is a pattern and facts
  • Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

CLS needed on new one r2
    revan needed 5 new ones

the journey events have went up in # new characters required each time. that is a pattern and facts

Very true. But the biggest reason I've seeb for Hyoda not being needed isnt because of his connection to episode 5 or to Luke's training... it's simply because people see him as a "hard farm" and that's just denial.

He's been in for a year or so and even then, there's no way of knowing if CG wont put in 699 packs for his toon for the duration of the event, if he is needed.

We already had OG chewie, which i did whale for 7*, and if C3 was introduced before his event then there's at least 2 newer toons.

I ecen agree rolo will be needed simply because they wont drop every toon needed as "new". Wont be their fault if people dont clearly see whos needed in advance
  • Options
    Following the trend of both CLS and JTR, we will of course need EP V toons to unlock EP VI Luke.
    Maybe we'll need 5 toons again, but I'm leaning more towards 7 - just because the event has to be a step up the ladder.

It's pretty safe to assume that CLS, Hyoda, Rolo and CHS will be needed.
    R2 could make a reprise given his role on Dagobah and as Lukes only travel companion.

Since Han and Luke doesn't interact much after Hoth, I don't think any other Han will be needed.
    Neither will a OT Falcon with Han and Chewie as pilots.

There could be an EP V Facon with Lando and Chewie as pilots, as they are they ones picking up One-handede Luke in the end.

Lobot is a joker.
    A legendary C3PO wouldn't surprise me.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

CLS needed on new one r2
    revan needed 5 new ones

Very true. But the biggest reason I've seeb for Hyoda not being needed isnt because of his connection to episode 5 or to Luke's training... it's simply because people see him as a "hard farm" and that's just denial.

He's been in for a year or so and even then, there's no way of knowing if CG wont put in 699 packs for his toon for the duration of the event, if he is needed.

We already had OG chewie, which i did whale for 7*, and if C3 was introduced before his event then there's at least 2 newer toons.

I ecen agree rolo will be needed simply because they wont drop every toon needed as "new". Wont be their fault if people dont clearly see whos needed in advance

So after all my previous comments here is my real thoughts on this and any and all legendar/journey events.
    Precendence and patterns really mean nothing. I mostly play along with them in these little exercise because it seems to be what the majority likes to believe in.

The only "promises" or "set in stone" if you will we have been given is the release cadence .
    There is nothing to say that Jedi Has to be a Journey event. They could release him as a legendary and then require him in the next journey event to drug addict hermit luke.

Also when I see an ultimatum on the forums I like to push it, mainly because i think they are funny. That GC Analad or Farnold or whatever the kitten his name is supposedly has an ultimatum that he will delete his youtube channel if GG doesn't get a rework... So i hope GG doesn't get a rework.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke needs to be similar to the CLS event. Reward long term players and not make it a massive cash grab. Revan was the cash grab. Jedi Luke shouldn’t be. But we are talking EA here....
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Following the trend of both CLS and JTR, we will of course need EP V toons to unlock EP VI Luke.
    Maybe we'll need 5 toons again, but I'm leaning more towards 7 - just because the event has to be a step up the ladder.

It's pretty safe to assume that CLS, Hyoda, Rolo and CHS will be needed.
    R2 could make a reprise given his role on Dagobah and as Lukes only travel companion.

Since Han and Luke doesn't interact much after Hoth, I don't think any other Han will be needed.
    Neither will a OT Falcon with Han and Chewie as pilots.

There could be an EP V Facon with Lando and Chewie as pilots, as they are they ones picking up One-handede Luke in the end.

Lobot is a joker.
    A legendary C3PO wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah my money is on hoda and rolo being needed. Those both can be monetized easily since anyone who hasn't bothered to farm them will need to whale on them since neither can be panic farmed which would fit the Revan pattern.

Chewie seems likely as the high gear gate for 7* will also force whaling. Based on that event I'd also guess lando is possible.

The wild card I think right now is OT falcon and bespin han in place of hoth han. Either or both are possible.
  • Options
    What will we do with hoda? Elevate stones with him? Or just a scene that he only talks then die?
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    zegene wrote: »
    What will we do with hoda? Elevate stones with him? Or just a scene that he only talks then die?

My guess would be luke facing vader, as he did in the movie, when it's actually himself, and hyoda is support only. And of course later facing vader alone un last tier.

Total guess but following the movie yoda was outside then cave "sensing" what luke was facing
  • Options

My guess would be luke facing vader, as he did in the movie, when it's actually himself, and hyoda is support only. And of course later facing vader alone un last tier.

Total guess but following the movie yoda was outside then cave "sensing" what luke was facing

Can you clarify? That's all hyoda is now....

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    for bb8, we fought against rey, finn, bb8, and vets, they were needed for jtr
    now for chewie we fought chewie, han, lando, r2, and rolo, my bet is (at least) they
    maybe hoda and c3po too
    zegene wrote: »

probably, like old ben
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    I think the biggest mistake you are all making is thinking that Jedi Luke is going to be released as a heroes journey. My guess is that they will roll him out in a all new event that doesn't follow any previous guidelines. He will be the biggest release of the game and I think he will need a long list of characters (10+) to unlock including Hoda and maybe even Wampa - since they are two of the hardest to obtain characters and played a big role in him becoming a Jedi, along with all the other light side characters that played a role in the movies. It wouldn't make sense to limit it to just 5 characters... there are so many that would make sense so why would CG limit it to just 5 when they can use 10+ characters and then sell packs for each of them.

CLS was the first Heroes Journey released and Jedi Luke is an even bigger release so chances are they will create an all new event to build it up.

His release should be the culmination of years of farming and character collection. It will be based on new and old characters alike so I can't see it only requiring 5 characters.
  • Options
    While we are wildly speculating here, how about this this path (includes some review):
    • Jedi Luke: 6(!) characters: CLS, Hoda, CHOLO, OT Chewie, R2D2, C3PO
      1. A. C3PO: "Any" 5 Droids, but you will need General Grievous, L337, T3M4, R2D2, BB8
      2. B. C3PO: "Any" 5 Ewoks, but you will need Chirpa, Paploo, Wicket, Nicki (new), Flitchee (new)
      3. C. C3PO: "Any" 5 Jawas, but you will need Nebit, Dathcha, Scavenger, Tteel Kkak (new), Iziz(new)
    • OT Chewie: "Any" 5 Bounty Hunters, but you will need Bossk/Dengar
    • CLS: Farmboy, Old Ben, Leia, StHan, R2D2
    • R2D2: "Any" 5 Empire, but you will probably use Palpatine, Thrawn, Vader, Snow/TFP/Tarkin
    • Palpatine: Any 5 Rebels ... Phoenix works
    • Thrawn: Any 5 Phoenix
    • BB8: Any 5 First Order
    Path to unlock includes 7 Special Events and a total of 30-31 character prerequisites to get Jedi Luke, including opportunities for revenue generation via new-ish characters. And yeah, includes Hoda because if you haven't got him yet, you still have some work to do to qualify.

C3PO event/requirements obviously complete speculation, but it seems like Threepio is an obvious missing link that could be used to generate cash. Lots of ewoks still to choose from:
    Ewoks_ID1.jpg

Tteel Kkak is the jawa that discovered the Rancor in Jabba's palace. Iziz is the jawa leader we meet in KOTOR.
  • Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

CLS needed on new one r2
    revan needed 5 new ones

Name a toon in a previous Hero's Journey that required a player to raid and/or join a guild. Both Hoda and Rolo require you to do both. CLS and JTR both required a player event to obtain R2D2 and BB8 but the other toons were acquired via farming normal means or whales dropping money to advance quickly.

These events are designed to make money and the whales continue to buy into that which is great as it keeps the game going but now you think the new model will be forcing players to join guilds and/or raids as well as being a whale. I assume not all whales need to be in a guild. Unless you are thinking the game will no longer require a player to raid and/or join a guild. That the new model going forward will be if you are a whale you can just buy what you need including previous raid toons. Not sure how that will go over with guilds.
  • Options
    kodias wrote: »
    I think the biggest mistake you are all making is thinking that Jedi Luke is going to be released as a heroes journey. My guess is that they will roll him out in a all new event that doesn't follow any previous guidelines. He will be the biggest release of the game and I think he will need a long list of characters (10+) to unlock including Hoda and maybe even Wampa - since they are two of the hardest to obtain characters and played a big role in him becoming a Jedi, along with all the other light side characters that played a role in the movies. It wouldn't make sense to limit it to just 5 characters... there are so many that would make sense so why would CG limit it to just 5 when they can use 10+ characters and then sell packs for each of them.

CLS was the first Heroes Journey released and Jedi Luke is an even bigger release so chances are they will create an all new event to build it up.

His release should be the culmination of years of farming and character collection. It will be based on new and old characters alike so I can't see it only requiring 5 characters.

Agreed, no reason JKL would not need more than 5 event characters to acquire. Just because it has not yet been done that way is no reason to conclude it will never be that way.
  • Options
    B0R345 wrote: »

So here goes...

Toons required:

ROLO
    CHS
    R2D2
    HY
    OT Chewie

Final duel with Vader

I like it! but I would guess that there would be something after the duel with Vader, since Luke hasn't completed his Jedi Knight training at that point? Maybe one more tier after, where training is completed with HYoda? This would then lead up to him rescuing Han from Jabba with maybe some sort of Raid (JKL highly recommended)... that would be cool!
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You all trying to justify hoda, captain Han Solo and rolo being a part of that really crack me up. There is zero chance of any of them being in there unless you see them enter the daily store and weekly shipments (otherwise CG will make zero $ on it). IMO, it’s going to be chewie plus 4 toons not even released yet. Like C3PO and bespin HAN and bespin Princess and bespin R2 pr Endor Han Endor princess or Endor R2. The possibilities are endless for new characters and why would they give you a freebie (I.e. refer to Revan)
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I’ll give you Hoda as part of one cut scene and not an interactive character. Lol
  • Options
    MuCuS wrote: »
    I’ll give you Hoda as part of one cut scene and not an interactive character. Lol

Yeah to maximize profits probably something like this:

CLS (of course)
    Legendary Chewy we just got access to
    Legendary C3P0 and R2
    A new Leia (Bespin gown Leia)
    A new Han Solo (carbonite Han probably won't happen but I can hope)
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Carbonite Han has to be the best idea ever. That would be hysterical and cool all in one
  • Options
    10* Death Star G15

10* Death Star II G15

10* Yoda Force Ghost G15

10* Obi-Wan Force Ghost G15

10* Nearly Jedi But Not Quite Yet Luke G20

All the above will be available 1 day before the event for the sum of 100000 dollary doos. So baby Kraken levels of spending.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

New Bespin Han possible
    OT Falcon possible

CLS needed on new one r2
    revan needed 5 new ones

Name a toon in a previous Hero's Journey that required a player to raid and/or join a guild. Both Hoda and Rolo require you to do both. CLS and JTR both required a player event to obtain R2D2 and BB8 but the other toons were acquired via farming normal means or whales dropping money to advance quickly.

These events are designed to make money and the whales continue to buy into that which is great as it keeps the game going but now you think the new model will be forcing players to join guilds and/or raids as well as being a whale. I assume not all whales need to be in a guild. Unless you are thinking the game will no longer require a player to raid and/or join a guild. That the new model going forward will be if you are a whale you can just buy what you need including previous raid toons. Not sure how that will go over with guilds.

Doesn't the game auto-add new players to a starter guild or something these days? In which case the game is already "forcing" people to be in guilds as soon as they're eligible. Traya, G12+, 6E Mods have already shifted the game so you need to be in a guild to compete in PvP, whale or not, since that stuff is really only accessible to whales in guilds.

Add to that HYoda and ROLO would be great choices following the Revan pattern of requiring panic whaling to unlock a new toon on the first go. Enough people have probably assumed they aren't needed so that the devs could easily force panic whaling since there is no way for you to panic farm in the CLS or JTR style for free.

The whale guilds didn't melt down and all leave when ROLO, Probe Droid, Wampa and Raid Han were made available in the BH event. I expect that was testing the waters of how exclusive guild toons need to be. It wouldn't surprise me if they start shifting where, for events, you can whale out any toon regardless of where it is normally farmed.
  • Options
    ChunBurap wrote: »

Can you clarify? That's all hyoda is now....

Nothing to clarify. I was literally saying his role in the heros journey would be exactly what his kit is already. Hows that confusing