Replies

• Options
    400$ and they Will give you a hint
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Look out the window
  • Options
    Find a stray, stale noodle in your pantry. Soak it in water. Now hit something with it. That is the power level of Mace Windu in this game. :p
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    it was a proclamation by a cry baby. Doesn't mean it was true
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that we get some Clone Wars Jedi reworks soon. Maybe then we’ll see Windu’s power. But probably not.
  • Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    400$ and they Will give you a hint

Like Scientology.
  • OpiEnu
    218 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Shouldn't be a problem to patch a toon. Is it? :#
  • Options
    Windu and Offee are two Jedi who need a rework soon. The best handle on this would be to give them both a second special and keep the rest of the character the same. .

Mace Windu

(Special 2). A DIFFERENT BLADE: Offense up, Critical Chance up, Critical Damage up and Potency up on entire squad for one turn. (There is Windu's Power!!!)

Bariss Offee

(Special 2.) STAY COOL: Bariss Offee reduces target ally's cool down to zero, enabling ability use at the start of the character's turn. (Here is Offee's equity to other Jedi).
  • Options
    Windu and Offee are two Jedi who need a rework soon. The best handle on this would be to give them both a second special and keep the rest of the character the same. .

Mace Windu

(Special 2). A DIFFERENT BLADE: Offense up, Critical Chance up, Critical Damage up and Potency up on entire squad for one turn. (There is Windu's Power!!!)

Bariss Offee

(Special 2.) STAY COOL: Bariss Offee reduces target ally's cool down to zero, enabling ability use at the start of the character's turn. (Here is Offee's equity to other Jedi).

Mace's special would be cool but not make much sense with his character and because it only provides buffs, would not stand well or give anything extra. Mace needs an entire new rework, not just this extra pansy ability (no offense, but he just needs more).

Bariss's special, you must be joking. She'd be able to reduce Sion's Held by Hatred, Nihilus' Annihilate, IPD's Self Destruct and BB-8's Illuminated Destiny to 0 immediately. That would be so ridiculously overpowered... it just might be enough to put her back into arena or something.
  • Options
    [quote=
    Mace's special would be cool but not make much sense with his character and because it only provides buffs, would not stand well or give anything extra. Mace needs an entire new rework, not just this extra pansy ability (no offense, but he just needs more).

Bariss's special, you must be joking. She'd be able to reduce Sion's Held by Hatred, Nihilus' Annihilate, IPD's Self Destruct and BB-8's Illuminated Destiny to 0 immediately. That would be so ridiculously overpowered... it just might be enough to put her back into arena or something.

Your comment on Offee has some merits. There would need to be a list of Zeta and Omega powers that this does not work on, such as the big ones you mentioned. Another option would be Bariss' power could start on a long cool-down and carry a long cool down.. But the idea of resetting cool downs is nothing new to the game. We see some ships possess such powers, it makes sense to bring it to the toon side, especially for a healer or support character like Bariss.

As for Windu I feel it does fit his character. He lead Jedi into Battle (see AOTC and ROTS Palpatine's Arrest). Having him providing buffs fits in exactly with what leaders do. Furthermore, it fits his character in the sense that all the abilities he gives buffs for are offense related, none of it is defensive. Mace is an offense centered strategist.

• Options
    [quote=

Your comment on Offee has some merits. There would need to be a list of Zeta and Omega powers that this does not work on, such as the big ones you mentioned. Another option would be Bariss' power could start on a long cool-down and carry a long cool down.. But the idea of resetting cool downs is nothing new to the game. We see some ships possess such powers, it makes sense to bring it to the toon side, especially for a healer or support character like Bariss.

As for Windu I feel it does fit his character. He lead Jedi into Battle (see AOTC and ROTS Palpatine's Arrest). Having him providing buffs fits in exactly with what leaders do. Furthermore, it fits his character in the sense that all the abilities he gives buffs for are offense related, none of it is defensive. Mace is an offense centered strategist.

I feel like having her "reset target ally's cooldown completely" being on a cooldown itself would be a bit ironic and more frustrating than anything. If it isn't good enough it'll just neglected, and writing a list of abilities/characters it can't target would be a ridiculously long list, although I think if they limited it to "target Jedi" or "target Light Side ally" it could work, BB-8's ability isn't THAT overpowered in the beginning, though a team of JTR, BB-8, Bariss, Thrawn, and R2 would be insane...

He DOES lead Jedi into battle but I've never thought of him as much of a leader, honestly. Maybe that's just me, but while he is a higher ranking Jedi and has authority, I've never wanted him portrayed as a "number one" or a leader. Providing buffs is not ALL a leader does, and Mace's character is not one of someone who buffs others. I do agree with the fact that he's offensively centralized, but I think calling assists, inflicting more exposes and health downs (or deathmark... TAC gear challenge) is more like him. Countering and increased damage to Sith also fit him, because that's who is shown to be through his practice of Vapaad and seeing the Shatterpoint.

I just personally think he should be centered more towards debuffs, countering, critical hits, and constantly keeping the pressure on the enemy rather than buffing his own team, that's what other Jedi are for.
  • Options
    For Barriss, instead of giving her a new ability perhaps add something like 'when an ally is critically hit, reduce their cooldowns by 1'?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    For Barriss, instead of giving her a new ability perhaps add something like 'when an ally is critically hit, reduce their cooldowns by 1'?

This is a good suggestion too, FailingCrab.
  • Options

Healing 20% AND reducing cooldowns by one? Dang that would make her pretty good, but we have enough support Jedi. DPS is what is needed, or at least better controlling supports rather than buffing.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Find a stray, stale noodle in your pantry. Soak it in water. Now hit something with it. That is the power level of Mace Windu in this game. :p

Not saying his damage shouldn’t be increased, but in the right situation (Bastila lead and her buffs) I’ve seen my g11 Windu hit for over 25k, which isn’t exactly a wet noodle.
  • Options
    it's wet noodle when gmy can crit for over 80k :p and his kit is prety useless overall.
  • Options
    [quote="DaPowerfulJedi;c-1679639"

Not saying his damage shouldn’t be increased, but in the right situation (Bastila lead and her buffs) I’ve seen my g11 Windu hit for over 25k, which isn’t exactly a wet noodle.[/quote]

This is a valid consideration in this debate. However, a majority of players are unlikely to invest in a lot of gear beyond gl9 for a character that does not produce effectively by the gl9 point. Another consideration is this debate favoring Windu is his status as a Fleet Commander. Even though his character abilities, class and damage levels feel like something to complain of, he does bring in some current gaming merits in fleet battles.

I want a better Mace, but some of the remarks about Mace's initial conceptualization are hyperbolic, such as "wet noodle."
  • Options

Not saying his damage shouldn’t be increased, but in the right situation (Bastila lead and her buffs) I’ve seen my g11 Windu hit for over 25k, which isn’t exactly a wet noodle.

This is a valid consideration in this debate. However, a majority of players are unlikely to invest in a lot of gear beyond gl9 for a character that does not produce effectively by the gl9 point. Another consideration is this debate favoring Windu is his status as a Fleet Commander. Even though his character abilities, class and damage levels feel like something to complain of, he does bring in some current gaming merits in fleet battles.

I want a better Mace, but some of the remarks about Mace's initial conceptualization are hyperbolic, such as "wet noodle."

His capital ship stinks, it’s got to be the worst of the four we currently have. If they reworked Windu or the Endurance I think more people would gear him up, especially since his gear requirements are ridiculously easy.
  • Options
    Mace should be given 100% counter chance versus Sith. And maybe 50% versus everything else. And after countering an attack, expose the enemy until the end of his next turn. If the exposed enemy is attacked, Mace gains 30% TM.

Barris could get a new unique such as granting crit immunity or tenacity up to allies that suffer debuffs or critical hits. Her heals are dope.

She also needs a syngery with Luminara that gives them both a huge damage boost when together. Example, when Barris is attacked, Luminara counters and vice versa (I think all master/apprentice duos should have something like this). While both Luminara and Barris are active, both gain 10% offense, 20% critical chance, 25% critical damage, and 20% critical avoidance.
  • Options
    Did the swgoh team ever released a statement about Mace?
    Maybe one or two arguments why he is not much stronger than a padawan?
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    in terms of sheer power mace windu is only known jedi to not fall to the dark side and use form 7, vaapad, kinda destroyed sidious/palpatine. he chopped jangos head of like nothing, in lore he is the best and most powerful duelist of his era by far but i felt obi-wan and anakin duel was the most intense and best choreographed fight that we saw in the new old triology, there really was a high pace and incredible intensity from start to finish to more reflect the way of vaapad. i think main reason we wont see a considerable rework to mace windu is because of profits. they did release a statement before saying they wont rework jedi, wich was almost true as GMY is a jedi but only one. as it is now it is even more unlikely because of kotor jedis i guess. a rework does not have to be broken like GMY and Revan but, atleast make him useable or on par with other strong heroes i think.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    OpiEnu wrote: »
    Did the swgoh team ever released a statement about Mace?
    Maybe one or two arguments why he is not much stronger than a padawan?

sure..
    this is not lore based game