Hoda at 5 star soon G11 no Zeta viable in Arena?

Tired of QGJ since he has been useless, Barriss is also more useless than putting EK as a toon

zBast (L), zzGMY, OB, Ezra all G12

Planning to zEzra for raid

I have a 6 star GK too, but not sure of putting 2 tanks in game. Plus I need healers to counter plague from MT and various usefulness.

Replies

• Options
    Why are you unsure of using 2 tanks? Once your only tank is fractured/isolated, the enemy can go to town on GMY. So GK isn’t a bad idea, even at 6 star he works. But you might want to try Hoda if you’re going against Nightsisters or Traya.
  • Options
    Depends on your shard. I actually managed to climb on mine using a 6 star g8 Hoda under Revan but it's a newish shard (Dec '17, only two Trayas so far). What are you typically going up against?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    I'm enjoying having both Ben's. Works well!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    He's viable that way, he's cloaked all the time anyway. It's rare he gets killed instead of being left to last and escape.
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You'll really want that Zeta on Strength Flows from the Force. You could try putting Hermit Yoda in as you climb, and then put in General Kenobi (double tank) for your last battle, for defense overnight. Oh, and G11 Hermit Yoda is plenty viable. Mine is still at G10. As No_Try said, he's almost always last on the field anyway.
  • Options
    Why are you unsure of using 2 tanks? Once your only tank is fractured/isolated, the enemy can go to town on GMY. So GK isn’t a bad idea, even at 6 star he works. But you might want to try Hoda if you’re going against Nightsisters or Traya.
    yeah, i need a healer to deal with those nasty plagues. well i need to gear him first. also didn't thought about isolation from GMT

Depends on your shard. I actually managed to climb on mine using a 6 star g8 Hoda under Revan but it's a newish shard (Dec '17, only two Trayas so far). What are you typically going up against?

revan is a long way for me lol

well most are NS teams and zPalp, some times JTR/CLS and zBast (Jedi)
    You'll really want that Zeta on Strength Flows from the Force. You could try putting Hermit Yoda in as you climb, and then put in General Kenobi (double tank) for your last battle, for defense overnight. Oh, and G11 Hermit Yoda is plenty viable. Mine is still at G10. As No_Try said, he's almost always last on the field anyway.

i can if i try enough pull top 100, else i will be left around top 130 ish, so 2 tanks could help me out i assume, not to mention my payout is usually 1am which i don't stay awake or forget to. thanks. well still need to wait a couple more HAAT for him to be fully 7*, meanwhile i still need GET for Hoda, what a long grind, yet somebody is there with a G12 Revan, EK and JKG
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Um what? zQGJ is the second best jedi lead right behind Revan. All bastilla does is try to run out the clock which never works.

Barris and Hyoda healing combo is immaculate. Zeta Barris is amazing as she heals from crits and ignores healing immunity, as does yoda.

To answer you question, yes 5*yoda is, but is better with zeta.
  • Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Um what? zQGJ is the second best jedi lead right behind Revan. All bastilla does is try to run out the clock which never works.

There is no way that zQGJ lead is more effective than zBastila. Nobody runs a QGJ lead in mid/late game Arena, whereas a significant chunk of the player base are using Bastila. She's probably top5 in the current meta report.

• Options

Barris and Hyoda healing combo is immaculate. Zeta Barris is amazing as she heals from crits and ignores healing immunity, as does yoda.

i wonder why my shard and almost everybody's else shard have zBast or Revan in top 50 as lead...
  • Options
    I've been using my jedi in arena just for fun and my hoda is g10 7* with no zeta yet and I still crush palpatine and jtr teams
  • Options

I'm gonna have a little "Um what" moment myself. I havent seen a ZQGJ lead in almost half a year now in my shards top 50, this before Bastila was even added. Bastila is still everywhere even with Revan around now and still no Qui Gon
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options

this is so wrong lol
  • Options
    Has anyone here tried a zQGJ against a zBatilla team or is everyone on the same bandwagon? The reason why i drop below 150 each day is because i see zBastilla teams and cruise through them with my zQGJ lead. Its a REALLY easy win.

zQGJ gives an unheard of speed boost follwed by zYoda copying and sharing a majority of the protection up, then boom, advantage of having alot of protection gone, because both teams have it now. Now its all about who is faster and thanks to zQGJ thats always my team. Its a pretty solid team on offense: zQGJ, zBarris,zHoda, zYoda,zThrawn.

People think Bastilla is better because "gamechangers said so" or because shes the shiny new toon but do judge zQGJ until you try it.
  • Options

i wonder why my shard and almost everybody's else shard have zBast or Revan in top 50 as lead...

Because people talk smack theory crafting. It is rediculous that people that would have no idea on mid to late arena blah blah.

I admit i am not a top arena person but i do finish first and i do have revan....seems enough to make me knowledgeable enough to say...
    QGJ cannot hold bastilas undies in arena. Not evwn close.
  • Options
    Has anyone here tried a zQGJ against a zBatilla team or is everyone on the same bandwagon? The reason why i drop below 150 each day is because i see zBastilla teams and cruise through them with my zQGJ lead. Its a REALLY easy win.

zQGJ gives an unheard of speed boost follwed by zYoda copying and sharing a majority of the protection up, then boom, advantage of having alot of protection gone, because both teams have it now. Now its all about who is faster and thanks to zQGJ thats always my team. Its a pretty solid team on offense: zQGJ, zBarris,zHoda, zYoda,zThrawn.

People think Bastilla is better because "gamechangers said so" or because shes the shiny new toon but do judge zQGJ until you try it.

Well done, you can win against one particular squad on offence. Pretty much any team combination can win on offence. Your zQGJ team is dropping below 150 in squad arena, ergo it's not a top-tier team.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options

Well done, you can win against one particular squad on offence. Pretty much any team combination can win on offence. Your zQGJ team is dropping below 150 in squad arena, ergo it's not a top-tier team.

I handles all teams that I come across easily, with the exception of a zWampa and zThrawn combo. If i burn the crystals id get top 50.

This team isnt bad on defense either, only dropping about 100 spots a day. And averages about 6 battles for defense in TB. I dont get why so many people are against the idea that you can put together teams that go against the main stream and have them be better.

Dont be so quick to dismiss zQGJ. Hes still top tier.