Clones? Cards? Hmmmm?

Well, I gave up smoking. Finally. After 25 years. Woo. Decided to funnel about a week's worth of cigarette money into this game... so I have a 15K crystal pack. Trading one expensive vice for another. (Seriously, don't smoke, it blows holes in your wallet!).

Kinda torn what to do...

Half a dozen chromium 8 packs is possible, but figure I'd likely end up with nothing useful...

Was kinda tempted with 20 of the clone pack. Grab a Rex. Has anyone done this? Did it deliver? I've got a 7 star fives, which I like a lot, but not a lot of the others and Rex did look a little underwhelming

Or just add to the daily refresh buying. Can do all of the cheap unlocks for at least a month.

Or something else.

What would you do? Thoughts welcome!

Replies

• CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, unless you plan to make a habit out of it, I'd avoid chromiums. Aurodiums are nice, but all you really get is Rex, and he's only a toy (for now) until they fix his abilities or add more clones.
    I'd advocate increasing refreshes for characters or hear you want. This is also the least commitment, as you can always go buy packs later (if you decide to commit).

Pros
    Work on characters you want (not storm trooper shards or ewok scout ones!)
    Not a complete commitment
    Forums will say this is the best

Cons
    No pack spam opening (cmon 22!)
    Slow (but still noncommittal)
    Encourages you to play this more

Oh, and congrats.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts!

And that does sound the best route probably. I've been 'dolphin' so far. Get the 200 odd crystals from top 50 arena and daily stuff... been spending 2-300 on refreshes. Could and that to the full 600 of 'cheap' refreshes daily for a while. :)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    If you're curious about Aurodium packs, I run a clone squad,

https://youtu.be/lldttq8XoeQ

Rex as leader grants a large pool of bonus health to your clones and also turn meter when the enemy lands a critical hit. So if whoever goes first on the event team lands a crit, your whole team goes next. Then you can use Sarge to remove half the turn meter from the other 4 characters and Fives to apply speed down. I'm not quite finished with this team, but in the video I took 20 turns opposed to my opponent's 6.
  • Options
    I am curious, and that was a fun video. Thanks very much for that! :)

How did you settle on Asajj? Looked effective!

Animations on Rex were rather pretty. The volley fire in particular!

If you don't mind me asking what was the rate like on the Aurodium packs?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Took me 29 packs to 7* him
    1 character pull for 80 shards
    5 character pulls for 32 shards
    23 pulls for 4 shards

So that's roughly 1 in 5. For 15k crystals you should get 21 pulls, which would be about 4 character pulls. So,
    1x 80 shards
    3x 32 shards
    17x 4 shards
    Which comes out to 244 shards which puts you at 6 stars and 14/100 shards for 7 stars. That'd also be 2.1M credits, 21 purple ability mats, and 105 synergy shards.
    (Note: Don't activate him until you get that 80 shard pull).

So I mean, can be a bit upsetting spending that much and not getting 7*, but eh. It's pretty much the only money I spent on this game. A 6* Rex is still good, especially while you're working on getting the others up.

What I will say is this team is definitely not going to win much praise for being a top team. I'm not sure what the full potential is yet, but it's much more fun than the typical teams. If you just want to be #1 in Arena spend your crystals on refreshes. Also Asajj is just a place holder.
  • Options
    Thanks again for detailed and informative feedback! Much appreciated.

That seems a reasonable rate there! I nearly went for it, but figured why not sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning.

As an arena team, bit of amusement beats meta for me. If it at least partly works... :)
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Also Asajj is just a place holder.

That hurts :'(

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Also Asajj is just a place holder.

That hurts :'(

I love Asajj though! That's why she is now 7 star level 70. She just doesn't fit on this particular team very well.