Are we all having to spend way too many power credits to level our characters to level 70?

Prev134
Timothious
90 posts Member
edited March 2016
Concerns are that it's costs millions and millions of power credits to level one character to level 70 and there's no good and efficient way to farm enough credits to besides that the costs of equipping characters and upgrading them is also drains all our resources fast and is expensive...

Are we all having to spend way too many power credits to level our characters to level 70? 204 votes

Yes
70%
HyperalloyMackemSLAMCircuit8JJHCobratatLeftyTwoGunsSyth_HunterImperialRebelbleeaauuhRonon_DexAbyssFantazyAdamWm0ralityGarthHelmetDempseyJordtroutTakDeathstrokeanduincolfer 144 votes
No
29%
scubaKhorvog_Karbossamurton09Sticare_Courts_0073TheopiumCronozNLEikasCurryBleachCorndog131DarthNicoPlague_IncMurderholeVader_Be_HatindkredsoxFoojDaysOfYorerosigodHangfireGungiAl_Tiz 60 votes

Replies

• Options
    No
    The costs scale up, nothing wrong with that.
    Point is, the game rewards DON'T scale accordingly.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    No
    You get 500,000 credits for finishing GW daily. That means you could take 2 level 1 characters to 70 every week just by winning GW daily, not including the credits from auto battles and events.
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    No
    They (EA/CG) want you to spend money, They make it move along at a good pace then slow it down... Spending money can speed it back up.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I think the system will break if not fixed between 70-80. Right now you get 4.5 million a week which is enough to 7-star and level a character to 70.

You can't gear a charactor in a week so that is the bottleneck.
  • Options
    Yes
    The fact that anyone said no blows my mind.

We are all spending too much credits. It's not even debatable.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    No
    You get 500,000 credits for finishing GW daily. That means you could take 2 level 1 characters to 70 every week just by winning GW daily, not including the credits from auto battles and events.

Only if you complete GW everyday. You are very optimistic.

I complete GW almost every day. I missed 3 in the last month.
    Also, the gear grind and star grind are a much longer process than leveling to 70. It can take a month or more to get someone to 7*
  • Options
    No
    Actually $2,414,781 from 1-70.
  • Options
    Yes
    Actually that's false because depending on which Droid you are using they wanted 2.4 million to level my character from level 44 to 70
  • Options
    Yes
    Most people can't complete full galactic war battles fully through everyday when it ends up being 5 Elite 7 level 70s standing on the other side fully geared and abilities fully upgraded..
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget to add the promotion cost for stars. ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    No

How many characters a week would you like to be able to max without spending money?

• Options
    No
    Should take time to bring new characters up to speed. It takes time to star them up anyways.
  • Options
    Yes
    It's true the promotion cost for stars is another thing...cause let's face it a character not promoted and elite up in ranks is basically useless...Ok so let's say it's roughly 2.4 to 2.5 million power credits to level one character to level 70 then what about promoting them upgrading their gears abilities which takes forever to upgrade cause materials are literally never available...

We cannot farm enough credits to level promote and upgrade a character efficiently fast enough by average I have more then 3/4 of the characters available in the game that need all these upgrades and I'm scratching my head thinking there's no way I can level them all and advance them in a lifetime...it's just not in the cards the way this system is set up right now...
  • Options
    No
    Timothious wrote: »
    Actually that's false because depending on which Droid you are using they wanted 2.4 million to level my character from level 44 to 70
    Thats false.
    It costs $220,000 to go from 1 to 44. It costs 2.1 million to go form 44 to 70.
  • Options
    No
    Rolf wrote: »

Star count is independent of character level. You can have someone at 1* level 70.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Greg1920 wrote: »

How many characters a week would you like to be able to max without spending money?

I think the OP used a poor example saying to lvl from 1-70.
    The real concern (and the point i think swag was making) is what it will take to get our core 5-8 toons from 70 to 80 and then get all our "b" an "c" team toons from 60+ to 80

Given that the cost to lvl up scales, thats an ungodly ammount of credits just to maintain a team much less work on a new toon
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    No

The cost from 1-40 is 131K
    The cost from 1-44 is 223K
    The cost from 1-50 is 452K

Getting to that 45 range is not bad cost wise it ramps up after that so your droid that cost you 2.4M from 44 to 70 was still only about 2.6M to go from 1-70.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I think it's a p2p problem an FTP gets 70 from cantina, 35 from cantina ship. 105 from GW and 70 from arena a week as a base. So that's 280 a week. So roughly a 7 star charactor a week. Credits support 7 stars a week. So it's balanced.

It gets unbalanced when you spend to get shards. So the issue is that people are willing to spend money to get shards but not spend money on credits.
  • Options
    Yes

I want better credit events. I don't want to waste 6+ weeks just to LEVEL a b team/fun squad. Nobody expects a b team to be fully geared or starred, but not even being able to level them properly is a problem.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yes
    You mean am ungodly amount of credits right Abyss? My thoughts exactly...
    Abyss wrote: »

I think the OP used a poor example saying to lvl from 1-70.
    The real concern (and the point i think swag was making) is what it will take to get our core 5-8 toons from 70 to 80 and then get all our "b" an "c" team toons from 60+ to 80

Given that the cost to lvl up scales, thats an ungodly ammount of credits just to maintain a team much less work on a new toon

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Star count is independent of character level. You can have someone at 1* level 70.
    Yes, but why would you? :p If you're taking someone to 70 I would hope you've at least gotten them to a decent Star level. Otherwise save your credits.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    No

But this is all an assumption that it is going to be this ungodly amount to go from 70-80, will it be probably, but it won't be know till they raise the cap which has not even been announced they are doing.

• Options
    Yes
    Which is a horrible amount of credits when you have to take into mind promoting each one which costs another roughly 2 million if you have all the shards to do it...then finding enough materials to gear your characters that rarely drop and to upgrade their abilities...I'm mismeraized after buying so many data cards to try and compete for Yoda I'm overwhelmed with having so many to upgrade and needed up to a billion power credits to get them where they need to be...
    scuba wrote: »

The cost from 1-40 is 131K
    The cost from 1-44 is 223K
    The cost from 1-50 is 452K

Getting to that 45 range is not bad cost wise it ramps up after that so your droid that cost you 2.4M from 44 to 70 was still only about 2.6M to go from 1-70.

• Options
    No

Yes, but why would you? :p If you're taking someone to 70 I would hope you've at least gotten them to a decent Star level. Otherwise save your credits.

I totally agree, but the OP made this comment:

"Concerns are that it's costs millions and millions of power credits to level one character to level 70 and there's no good and efficient way to farm enough credits..."

which is what I am responding to.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

But this is all an assumption that it is going to be this ungodly amount to go from 70-80, will it be probably, but it won't be know till they raise the cap which has not even been announced they are doing.

Lol we do know lol, it scales and the outcry was abundant from 60 to 70 with the last cap raise we just got. There is literally nothing that even hints at 70 to 80 being anything but even worse.

I stand by my above statement
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    No
    My point is why get worked up over something that has not happened yet?
  • Options
    No
    Based on the price to go from 50-60, and 60-70, basically doubling, the price to go from 70-80 will be 2.6 million credits.
  • Jean
    20 posts Member
    Options
    **** if only we had an option to sell some stuff... oh wait its been removed.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    My point is why get worked up over something that has not happened yet?

Oh i am not worked up haha, nor will i be.

It is what it is and we all will
    Play the game under the same structure so its whatever. I do think the credit crunch is quite real and the devs agrred and acknowledged it by changing the event (grabted they made it worse then it was by close to 50% but hey, they tried)