Could I get thrawn to 7 star with this

Prev1

Replies

• Options
    My zeb will be 7 star in a few days
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    At lvl 85 I'd usually recommend g9 Ezra and Chopper and the rest at g8 for 7* as well as using your best mods.
  • Options
    No. With brilliant modding you can get thrawn at 7* with a full g8 team, but having chopper and Zeb at G7 will make it impossible.

Also, G8 is only possible if you have great mods. I don't want to sound rude but your mods are terrible at the moment. I recommend watching a game changer video or two on YouTube about how to use mods, it will seriously help you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Yeah, im working on gear but don't know how much or how little
  • Options
    So, I could do it with gear 10 ezra and chopper, gear 9 hera and kanan, and gear 8 zebra? Good mods, but not great. Also omegas on all uniques
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Options
    G9 Ezra, G8 everyone else. I had Chopper around 210 speed, Hera and Ezra at about 160-180, Zeb 140 ish (70% Potency was key), and Kanan at only 110+/- speed. All uniques Omega'd, specials that were omegas, Ezra's basic too. That was it.

First try on 7*.
  • Options
    Yeah, im working on gear but don't know how much or how little

It's generally considered that if you have them level 85 with the unique omegas, G8 is enough but will take many tries.

I had them all level 80 (chopper level 82) and had the unique omegas but all other abilities level 7 (ie no other omegas). I had ezra g10 and everyone else g8.

I had ezra and chopper over 200 speed, hera around 200, Zeb around 180 and kanan around 160 (I think, maybe 140). It took me 3 tries with that. I'm sure it can be done with less but I don't like to take risks or spend hours replaying events.
  • Options
    I’ve got everyone at G8 and can mod them all to have 85-100 extra speed. Will that be enough? Can’t put a crap ton of potency on zeb without losing the speed, is that worth?
  • Options
    BigLib wrote: »
    I’ve got everyone at G8 and can mod them all to have 85-100 extra speed. Will that be enough? Can’t put a crap ton of potency on zeb without losing the speed, is that worth?

It should be but be prepared to try several times.
  • Options
    Is almost 100 percent potency excessive? Cause thats where my zebs at
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No that's good @SirBartholomeow

@FailingCrab @BigLib G9 on Ezra, proper protection/potency modding, and that much speed and you should be able to get it within the first few tries. Zeb needs the Potency more than speed as you'll be calling him with virtually every assist from Ezra and Hera to daze/stun/repeat.
  • Options
    I’m in ur same boat eraz is not on my arena team so he will be g8 like the rest and how it should be I hate gearing toons I don’t use y they r have been g8 for months lol. This event will be just like GW when they test ur knowledge and understanding of game/ ability to play it. I have had practice when they throw overpowered NS 88k 3zetas team in ur way when I have 69k empire with lacking senergy team to work with and 3 battles left to reap rewards to test u. And even if I had to read MT zeta and then question y I have beat 3 time in a row and then her zeta kicks in and I have to ask what’s going on and someone tells me read zombie I’ll do it figure out what pointless changes they make to try to keep NS useable besides raids and beat. I’ll take the 30 minuets in time it takes to find a way to win and get it done much better than months invested on equipment for toons that don’t help me gain fleet or squads rewards. I’ll get my mods right put as many omegas on them protect eraz and be good
  • Options
    Cheers lads, appreciate the replies. I’ll mod/gear accordingly.
  • Options
    There is also a video u tube of G8 thrawn fight didn’t look to difficult although he used strategy of always apply protection in situations where he could stun with bosk but that basic strategy u can figure out if needed when u try event.
  • Options
    Also are my mods decent enough at the moment, I've been tinkering around with them.for a bit but im not done yet
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Also are my mods decent enough at the moment, I've been tinkering around with them.for a bit but im not done yet
    refer to my post in this section there is a list of best mod set up if G8 u will need it to push ur power lvl up after putting omegas on should be around 13k each with higher gear bad mods u would still have that number but u have to make up with mods. Should start now been farming critical damage which I have none last few days bad pulls if it continues might have to switch to offense ones to get better pulls and replace them. Working on eraz first he needs most work if need be can switch arena mods on to Phoenix during event if I don’t have time to put individual sets on for speed and potency. Sets I don’t have will have to farm and they take presidence.

• Options
    I went with speed and offense with ezra, pure potency with zeb, just speed on chopper, protection, health and defense for.kanan and more speed.for.hera. when the event comes around I'll adjust as needed but for now I feel confident in my Phoenix toons
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I think u got it I’ll be working with less than u have and I’m getting it should be easier for u. Guess I should have went jedi team so I could chill for 3 weeks and forget about pheonix lol joke. I c with ur lack in ships investment makes it easier to throw omegas on Phoenix I’m finishing that process now though could have threw a few on a ship captain I’ll just throw equipment because my G8 Phoenix won’t c any lol.
  • Options
    I don't really care about ships, one day I will dive into that realm but for now I couldn't care less
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    I think u got it I’ll be working with less than u have and I’m getting it should be easier for u. Guess I should have went jedi team so I could chill for 3 weeks and forget about pheonix lol joke. I c with ur lack in ships investment makes it easier to throw omegas on Phoenix I’m finishing that process now though could have threw a few on a ship captain I’ll just throw equipment because my G8 Phoenix won’t c any lol.

Good luck, just looked at your Phoenix and oof. Should be doable but will need a ridiculous amount of either luck or time
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I still have some G8 equipment to throw on and I have skills no need for luck. that same Phoenix 3 stared assault battle secrets and shadows stage one and 2 they r probably ready now just doing it To make it easier. Got to 4/8 stage 3 before losing got protection down to like 25% before aoe dostroyed them all figure they need g10 protection and health to get threw that but felling confident about pheonix they don’t need g10 for thrawn with skill g8 will do but good to be over prepared than less I have been preparing months for this.
  • Options
    Yeah, DS just murdered my team but the first 2 were almost to easy. The first stage was an easy autoplay
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    No that's good @SirBartholomeow

@FailingCrab @BigLib G9 on Ezra, proper protection/potency modding, and that much speed and you should be able to get it within the first few tries. Zeb needs the Potency more than speed as you'll be calling him with virtually every assist from Ezra and Hera to daze/stun/repeat.

my ezras gear eleven as hes on my arena team
  • Options
    Hence why I said "No that's good" to you. Good luck in the Thrawn event!

The rest of my comment was directed at two other questions.
  • Options
    In any case for the sake of their ships, I would be doing full omega at least G10 L85 Phoenix, however as a rule I always go for maximized speed on any character (meaning also 4 speed mods and at least +8 speed on the non-arrow mods; in fact ANY mod that starts at less than +4 or +5 speed is a total scrap for me, since it will never be any good. I know people will tell you the effect of 4 speed mods is only a marginal notch on your base speed, but if you want to get as much speed as you can, even that counts). The good news is even if you don't get Thrawn this time round, you have other alternative Empire squads for getting R2D2(Palpy, Vader and 3 troopers at G9+ L85 maxed out speed work quite well even without Thrawn).
  • Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    In any case for the sake of their ships, I would be doing full omega at least G10 L85 Phoenix, however as a rule I always go for maximized speed on any character (meaning also 4 speed mods and at least +8 speed on the non-arrow mods; in fact ANY mod that starts at less than +4 or +5 speed is a total scrap for me, since it will never be any good. I know people will tell you the effect of 4 speed mods is only a marginal notch on your base speed, but if you want to get as much speed as you can, even that counts). The good news is even if you don't get Thrawn this time round, you have other alternative Empire squads for getting R2D2(Palpy, Vader and 3 troopers at G9+ L85 maxed out speed work quite well even without Thrawn).

Don't neglect the other stats. There's no point loading Zeb up with tenacity just to get a few extra points of speed.
  • Options
    @FailingCrab x2, Amen!
  • Options
    Tier 7 was a cakewalk, kanan died but other than that, only chopper lost any health. Ezra ended with full protection
  • Options
    Guess having ezra at gear eleven with his zeta added si much extra dps that tore apart the enemy's
  • Options
    Even.if it was just him at the end fighting thrawn, I think it would have still been a victory