Are nightsisters viable in current arena?

Hello,

Are nightsisters good in current conditions?

Sorry if these questions are dumb but can the hold against:

Palp lead sith
Bastilla/revan jedi
Cls with han and chewie
(There are teams i mostly see in my relatively news shard)

Thanks !!

Replies

• Options
    Absolutely
  • Options
    I'm not a competitive arena guy, but based on the amount of "Omg nightsisters are teh OPz **** devs" threads since Zombie was reworked, I'm gonna go ahead and say yes.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    There’s one guy on my shard running MT lead, Asajj, Daka, Zombie and Spirit who can take first place.
  • Options
    Mother talzin, daka, ventress and zombie are key in the team.
    Ventress z unique is mandatory, daka unique is so good for raid (but not needed in arena) u also need talzin leader Z for arena and mostly talzin unique Z...
    Then un can use as 5th spirit, taila or whatever... But they all G12 or g12+
    With good speed mods and smart decisions controlling them in attack u can crush everything, so definitely NS are good in arena
  • Options
    Ever since I figured out the right rotation, I always beat ns with my zep.
  • Options
    Nothing can 'hold' against anything really, but you can climb pretty high with NS now.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    if there's a light side meta. NS can probably be the anti-meta.
    and as anti-meta, they fit in the current arena.
    there were so with JTR, got pushed aside by the sith, and now they can beat revan and bastila and therefore, they are very viable. however, will probably be targeted on defense since the revan meta is kinda small, only number of people have. most still use Sith, and they enjoy fighting those NS.
    so you can climb to top with NS, but i would recommend to swap to more defensive team after.
  • Options
    There are a lot of NS teams in the top 50-100 area of my december 2015 arena, probably a reaction to the Bastila jedi teams as they seem to eat them like ****.
  • Options
    I run a NS team and can hold in the top50. I can beat most types of teams on any given day but do struggle against Strong Traya and Revan teams.
  • Options
    There’s one guy on my shard running MT lead, Asajj, Daka, Zombie and Spirit who can take first place.

Then you are in the worst shard known to mankind. A trooper team with veers zeta and a slow + 110 speed range trooper destroys NS every single time. Troopers can try to lose and cannot.
  • Options
    I run a NS team and can hold in the top50. I can beat most types of teams on any given day but do struggle against Strong Traya and Revan teams.

This is reality.
  • Options
    Switched to NS on 30th September, been top 50 every day apart from a couple. Was great first couple of weeks and holding places, even breaking into top 20. However the last week i am struggling with them to keep top 50 as getting targeted all the time. It would really depend on shard - my top 50 only has around 8-10 revan's and the rest pretty much traya with a couple of chewie teams and couple of other NS. I can beat all bar traya pretty much all the time, i can beat traya teams but not as often as others.
  • Options

Then you are in the worst shard known to mankind. A trooper team with veers zeta and a slow + 110 speed range trooper destroys NS every single time. Troopers can try to lose and cannot.

Sure, troopers are the counter to NS..... But they will drop looks a rock... Even faster than those NS teams...
  • Options

Just because NS can climb on my shard doesn’t mean it’s a bad shard. NS can beat Revan, CLS, and Bastila, all of which can take first place in my arena.
  • Options
    The best thing about NS is that they don't rely heavily on buffs or debuffs. They also have a mass cleanse (Talia), and a mass dispel (Asajj) for when they go up against teams that do.

They're definitely beatable when facing them on offence, but they can take out most teams when they are attacking, I've found.
  • Options
    Properly modded NS can defeat mostly everything without issues, they're basically only struggling versus very strong Traya teams. NS aren't a pushover on defense either, not even for Troopers. The main problem is that the stronger Traya team can defeat NS easier than they can defeat other Traya teams, and some of them can't even defeat strong Revan teams. That means NS are likely to be the target for pretty much all opponents that want to climb. And the key to successful defense is to not get attacked in the first place.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Very Viable I'd say, NS can easily be in the top10 or higher.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Very Viable I'd say, NS can easily be in the top10 or higher.

This.....

New arena is not about having one team anymore.... Nightsters will wreck Jedi teams, even Revan teams if modded right.....

A player with Nightsters, Bastila Jedi and FO (to beat NS), can go get in arena....
  • Options
    Smygelfh wrote: »
    Properly modded NS can defeat mostly everything without issues, they're basically only struggling versus very strong Traya teams. NS aren't a pushover on defense either, not even for Troopers. The main problem is that the stronger Traya team can defeat NS easier than they can defeat other Traya teams, and some of them can't even defeat strong Revan teams. That means NS are likely to be the target for pretty much all opponents that want to climb. And the key to successful defense is to not get attacked in the first place.

My gar lead troopers can't loose I've tried it's hard to let NS win.

Free win for me and I only drop 5-10 places after payout
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

You're using a Gar Saxon lead and only dropping 5-10 places per day? I find that hard to believe.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

You're using a Gar Saxon lead and only dropping 5-10 places per day? I find that hard to believe.

Your doubt serves you well.

https://swgoh.gg/p/351592117/
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When I focus on arena I can still get to #1 especially now that Traya isn't the top team on my Nov 2015 shard, Revan teams are and I shred the Revan teams. My current arena stats aren't the best because I have been busy at work and other things. But I'm still top 50 atm. My slowest NS on my arena team is Asajj at 225.

https://swgoh.gg/p/267725337/
  • Options

He is in the 260's so it's very feasible that the NS teams he faces at that rank are a joke.
  • Options
    Most NS teams around my rank are from 98-110k some good some bad I find RNG is my biggest enemy .and my avg rank is 6 places up from what I'm at now 5 battles unused. I wasn't boasting I run a gar team ffs I'm hardly trying to be meta. I was just saying that troopers almost always beats NS there are a myriad of options in mods and teams comps but when conditions are comparable it's easy to place your bet.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    But you said you fall 5-10 places which is not very likely.

Also GP doesn't mean much.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Most NS teams around my rank are from 98-110k some good some bad I find RNG is my biggest enemy .and my avg rank is 6 places up from what I'm at now 5 battles unused. I wasn't boasting I run a gar team ffs I'm hardly trying to be meta. I was just saying that troopers almost always beats NS there are a myriad of options in mods and teams comps but when conditions are comparable it's easy to place your bet.

Lol, now I do not believe you at all, unless you show us a video or something of you trashing the Nightsister with Gar lead, then your claims carry no weight especially since your rank is so low. You can't even form an opinion of a decent NS team until you are facing top 10 NS teams. I guarantee I would trash your Gar team in under 1:30, unlike you I provide proof of what I speak (I have several videos on here of NS facing different teams and in Raids), and if I ever face a Gimp Gar team I will record it just for you.

You don't fall more than 10 ranks in a day?? October 12th to the 13th alone you dropped 59, Oct 20-21st you dropped 64, as a matter of fact it looks like your average drop is about 50 ranks every day. Maybe you meant to factor your number by 10?? then it makes a bit more sense at 50-100 rank drop every day. By comparison my largest drop is inn the 30's with my average being at about 8-15 rank drop.