Should Darth Vader Character Shards always be made available in The Shard Shop?

Timothious
90 posts Member
edited March 2016
This question is presented because Darth Vader is mainly solely only obtainable through accompliments in the game and almost impossible to elite up

Should Darth Vader Character Shards always be made available in The Shard Shop? 119 votes

Yes
51%
HyperalloyImperialRebelbleeaauuhArillianDarthMasterShawnBenr3600BleachPyroRenCorndog131garcia_george99RobbathehuttHighlandmonkey_01MythovWJ28DarthVaneQuicksilverdeathstalkerObi1_master1DarthoganDingleTingle 61 votes
No
48%
warmonkey1024scubaCircuit8JJHJ7000Amish_Acecosmicturtle333BarrokJabberwockySparsileKhorvog_KarbossaD_MillennialLlewellaVelvethunderAscansioFAED_EmperorPlague_IncFoojjkdmikeRing 58 votes

Replies

• Jumbopeanuts
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    They are already in the shard shop so I take it you must mean a sllot should be permanently dedicated to him?

Why bother it's just a function of time you will see them eventually at basically the same rate of everyone else.
  • Options
    No
    It shouldn't. It's a special character that we all need to work on through achievement.
  • Options
    Yes
    The thing is the character shards are still 10 to 1 in the shard shop so it's still very expensive and rare to acquire and promote Darth Vader both ways and General Grievous is even more costly to obtain so so stupid...
  • Options
    No
    It should be rare to get Vader shards. It's a prestige thing.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I'm saving shard tokens myself just for Vader whenever he shows up but I don't think he should be a permanent fixture in the shop. It's good to have one character that you really have to work for and have the patience to grind it out.
  • Options
    No
    Shards through achievements is just fine as long as we continue to get new achievements to do so. We can also get a shard whenever we complete GW. Only gained 1 Vader shard from GW but it's still possible.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    No
    VaderJK12 wrote: »
    Shards through achievements is just fine as long as we continue to get new achievements to do so. We can also get a shard whenever we complete GW. Only gained 1 Vader shard from GW but it's still possible.
    Same, 1 shard in GW but it was my toughest one I've ever finished. I've not finished a few times and just gave up but on that occasion I just kept trying for a long time and in the end I got a Vader shard. Felt I really earned it lol. Was great
  • Options
    Yes
    Well how about more often then because at 10 to 1 shards it seems fair that we can acquire him little sooner at a higher cost?
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Same, 1 shard in GW but it was my toughest one I've ever finished. I've not finished a few times and just gave up but on that occasion I just kept trying for a long time and in the end I got a Vader shard. Felt I really earned it lol. Was great

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Timothious wrote: »
    Well how about more often then because at 10 to 1 shards it seems fair that we can acquire him little sooner at a higher cost?

I've got nothing against the Shard rate for Vader. I definitely wouldn't spend 10:1 on some other characters but like someone else said, I also feel with Vader in this game it's a prestige thing. An achievement in itself. It shouldn't be easy. But by all means lower the exchange rate for all others
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Great poll by the way. It's interesting to see how others vote and what they think about this too
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Frankly, I was dissapointed when I unlocked Vader. It has made me pretty uninterested in his shards. So it doesn't matter if they are in the shard shop or not.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Yes. I couldnt care less about the "prestige," I want to level him up to USE HIM. Who is actually using him at 4/5 stars when you have 7* heroes already?
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    There wasnt a "meh" option
    You always add a "meh" option :(
  • Options
    Yes
    Will do next time lol
  • Options
    Yes
    Thanks I appreciate it...I feel the same nice to hear and read others opinions...
    Great poll by the way. It's interesting to see how others vote and what they think about this too

• Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, because the random factor (RNG) will allow others to complete a 7* Vader before others, giving them a clear advantage, which I thought they were trying to avoid to make the game more balanced.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Everything shouldn't be handed to you. Vader is ment be a long term reward that all players will eventually receive through achievements. Be thankful that they put them in there at all.
  • gssq83
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Yes and No

He should be hard to get as he's a Prestige character. But once you get him, getting him up to 5* and beyond is a pain. So he should be in the Shard Shop - as long as you have already gotten him
  • Options
    No
    Fools that spend thousands of hundreds on this game shouldn't be able to buy every single character in the game, give us one that's just a long term grind
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Fools that spend thousands of hundreds on this game shouldn't be able to buy every single character in the game, give us one that's just a long term grind
    I wouldn't call spenders fools lol. But I definitely love the idea that there is one character that nobody can 7* as yet

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    No
    What for? He's actually little more than a collector's item. The whole point of having him as an achievement award is to be able to show off. If he's added as a permanent feature of the shard shop, the whole idea of working (grinding) hard to get him goes down the drain and he might as well just be farmable. So no. I hope he never gets a permanent slot in the shard shop.
  • Options
    No
    Shut up, Meg...
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Since he isn't ONLY available from achievements, I would have no problem with it. Now if they had never put his shards in the shop or as a gw reward, I would say don't put him in.