Customer support still needs a lot of work

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
It's been over 2 months since I had to contact EA support for help on an issue. I was hoping things had improved in that time, but it appears they haven't.
I went into the shard shop this AM with 15 shards to convert to 225 currency, but only got 165. I put in a case, and it got an immediate response with the usual "I can't figure out what you're talking about". So I explained in detail. Since then, 4 more emails and 6 chat session attempts have gone unanswered. (Even though every time, it says the wait for chat will be "5 minutes or less").
Pretty disappointing.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• CollinF
    203 posts Member
    Options
    That's EA for ya! ;)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't get it. This company makes a FORTUNE. Can't they have people respond to problems in a timely manner?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    My exoerience has been abysmal until this last time. They quickly handled the issue (and did so with a glimmer of competance) i was quite inpressed and also had hoped perhaps their support was improving
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Not related to EA... But, other customer service calls I've made depend on the person answering. I've called with zero help at all with basic bull troubleshooting and hang up, call again. The next person I got was fantastic.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Arora50
    80 posts Member
    Options
    How about the random 50 energy refresh that got turned into 100 crystals?
  • Options
    Their customer support is atrocious. I've had my share of frustrating experiences. :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A week later I still have received absolutely no response on this. At all.
    I'd say that the customer support provided by this company is an embarrassing joke, but that would imply that they actually gave a **** and just weren't very good at it. They deliberately farm out their CS and put almost no resources in it, because they don't.
    Take in millions, and ignore the customers who are paying all the money. No wonder everyone hates this company.
  • Dirlyn
    160 posts Member
    Options
    They make a fortune because they don't have to pay for quality customer service. I've been waiting 5 months for a response to a problem I had, and I've already given up hearing back. EA used to be a great company, but since micro-transactions and mobile apps, they just don't seem to care anymore.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.