RJT rework

Drazhar
784 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hello CG,

I have long but rather simple question for you: how comes that a character which almost anyone has like CLS and which is easy peesy lemon squeezy to get gets a rework in the form of a whole character (chewie) which is hard to get but boosts them to the top of the arenas regardless of the various cash grabs and RJT, which is a character for which a lot of people struggled for months, got kicked out of the meta like right after the second time the event occurred? Is this logical to you? Is this somehow rewarding for your players? I know you have to walk these ways to force people to spend (as you walked this way to force people to spend for RJT) and that you couldn't care less about f2ps, but this is quite laughable to be honest. And still you are brave enough to push RJT events to put the light on the buyable packs for the vets. Why?

Replies

• Options
    JTR is still critically important to HSTR and TW/TB. Rebels are just getting love at this place in the cycle. When the final Star Wars movie comes out I’m sure we’ll see a lot of resistance and first Order focus. Relax.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Hello CG,

I have long but rather simple question for you: how comes that a character which almost anyone has like CLS and which is easy peesy lemon squeezy to get gets a rework in the form of a whole character (chewie) which is hard to get but boosts them to the top of the arenas regardless of the various cash grabs and RJT, which is a character for which a lot of people struggled for months, got kicked out of the meta like right after the second time the event occurred? Is this logical to you? Is this somehow rewarding for your players? I know you have to walk these ways to force people to spend (as you walked this way to force people to spend for RJT) and that you couldn't care less about f2ps, but this is quite laughable to be honest. And still you are brave enough to push RJT events to put the light on the buyable packs for the vets. Why?

Because Rey isn’t just meant for arena? I saw JTR in my top end for quite a couple months after she came out.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    We still have 1 JTR team that breaks through the Traya, Revan and others.....
    In fact our top 20 has 3 non-meta teams —> 1) RJT 2)1 Ki’ra 3)BHs
  • Options
    There are more areas than arena. JTR is excellent in raids, TW, and TB.
    Oh, and there's a 3rd movie with rey coming. maybe there's a new character from that movie that will do for JTR what Chewie did for CLS.
  • Options
    TaviRus wrote: »
    There are more areas than arena. JTR is excellent in raids, TW, and TB.
    Oh, and there's a 3rd movie with rey coming. maybe there's a new character from that movie that will do for JTR what Chewie did for CLS.

E L L O A S T Y !
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's not going to happen but, ive seen GMY do 80-100k dmg in one hit or with a double attack. literally one shots tanks, not even many have enough hp/prot to survive 1 attack from him, gmy is "support" but not really, bb8 is support, and act more in line of what we think a support is except he fall short of anything gmy does, buffs are so slow they dont matter at all in arena, dmg by a mile, actual supporting, also a mile. Revan wich is labeled an attacker, act more like a tank, attacker and support, with an actual 1 shot ability ontop of all death preventing mechanics and whatnot, u might get a few turns in but, normally first 2 turns from revan teams result in the least 1 guy dead, 2 is not exactly a rare occurence either.. Think only team i can think of that could loose to jtr is a bad nighmare team or other really poor teams, for most part any half decent team will destroy JTR. u can probably faceroll a full g12 5 zeta jtr team with a full g9 revan team with a few zetas and not half bad mods :p
  • Options
    Because Rey is a Mary Sue and she gets what she deserves.
  • Options
    let's talk about NS that is probably the one faction that have remained the most viable in all aspects. they still strugle less with revan infested shards, and other then traya i dont think they had many counters, they do but. who levels an entire squad to counter 1 subfaction. their dmg is still the most absurd in hsith also, wich jtr even had a nerf to because it was too **** good, and now revans are doing 15 mil in p2. meanwhile it is ok for a single hero to do 100k dmg in a one turn move, for not even a zeta ability, that is if a good double hit, but he still can go for a over 80k hit in a attack also. JTR she did well against bastila and nighmare, but they were not exactly pushovers. with the zeta and double assist i think 60-70k range is doable, given u get assisted. but is not even enough to kill anyone in a good revan team, u can kill a weak palp but. then we dont count revans 1 shot kill ability. so how much more fair it that, he by far easiest journey hero should literally devalue everything else in the game except traya/ns... idk really. gmy have far too much dmg, it is so much that it makes tanks not even tanks anymore, they are just weak attackers.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    one thing i do agree she does need a bump. bb8 should have ID, just like yoda spread buffs like nothing, ID is never relevant at all, and even with that up it's hard to match yodas numbers, and bb8 hit like a wet noodle also so. i think with a faster ID things might get a whole lot better overall. let's say if bb8 would hit for 40k, crit for 80k or do double attacks that reach 100k and still get instant ID. it would hardly be balanced at all. and add jolee bindo to it, they are essentially a team that can 1 hit anything, and act like a bunuch of nigh sisters. jedi sisters... i think one of the reasons revan is absolutely broken is gmy.
    Post edited by DarthBugdrops on
  • Options
    i think 2 things they can do is make her insight work for other resistance the hp/prot part and make bb8 ID go of while its still relevant, i still dont think they would be as strong as gmy/revan teams.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So no logical answer except "she's good in other contexts"? Yes, I know she is. But she's like the most demanding event character after revan. You need a legendary, two normal toons and two completely useless and also hard to farm toons. And she's mostly useless in arena and merely a meat shield to tire your opponents and make them waste good teams in tw. I think she didn't get the glory she deserved as a toon in the game.