No Grievous or GK Rework Sorry

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I don’t uunderstand what the issue is. The people who benefit from this don’t affect you in any way. They are not on your shard. There is nothing special about earning a character that old. I could start a guild of pure noobs and have them zero damage HAAT and HRancor and let me carry them every single day until they all had RHan and GK. What’s the difference? CG cut off a little time for them to catch up to the rest of us. Stop the entitlement garbage.

WOW has survived 14 years because of the catch up features. This is a phone app, not some L3-37 Overwatch or Star Craft Tournament.

Nice statement. I hope g12+ item chance for all hstr ranks too.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    Plus, if they rework GG, they could also release a new character that synergizes with him, and then make money off the new character. It might also bring in new players who like GG.

There are ways to make money off reworks of long-term F2P characters, if that's the sole criteria for determining reworks.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    They're passing out 330 GK shards this month? That's AMAZING!

Oh wait, they're not distributing enough to even unlock him. #sarcasmoff

Giving away 30-40 GK shards is not game-breaking for anyone.

Lol, you shouldn't even get 1 shard, be grateful that they saved you a couple weeks of progress
  • Options
    I hope we get an Episode 3 Obi-Wan!
  • Options
    Ct214476 wrote: »
    I hope we get an Episode 3 Obi-Wan!

That would be very cool, but I think it's unlikely the Jedi get anything new and shiny for awhile given how strong Revan is in arena right now. Anything that added to that would just cause more angst among the non-Revan owners.
  • Options
    zegene wrote: »
    I don’t uunderstand what the issue is. The people who benefit from this don’t affect you in any way. They are not on your shard. There is nothing special about earning a character that old. I could start a guild of pure noobs and have them zero damage HAAT and HRancor and let me carry them every single day until they all had RHan and GK. What’s the difference? CG cut off a little time for them to catch up to the rest of us. Stop the entitlement garbage.

WOW has survived 14 years because of the catch up features. This is a phone app, not some L3-37 Overwatch or Star Craft Tournament.

?, Your statement personifies entitlement. As far as GK goes No one carried me I earned each and every shard and built my squads up to do it. No freebies and that's exactly how it should be, especially for noobs. This isnt WOW you have your games confused is why you must think along that path, if they want newer players to have GK, and raid han and Rolo then put them as reward for event like BH event. What your supporting is a smack in the face for us players who had to endure the grind. Why should we jump hurdles so they can lower the bar for the next player. Wheres the equity in that?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The sentiment of they wont do it because it wont make them money comes up every now and then, and while it's true to some extent because they are a business, we have seen many reworks and buffs to completely free and old toons. Look at the months where Vader and palp where meta just due to a rework. Yoda got buffed and that his played out well too. We have also seen QoL and other updates that are not focused on any particular thing.

Not every toon will be useful everywhere and not in arena (which is a big player focus) but reworks happen and that do a fairly good job when they come around.

That does occur but it can't be overlooked that they could have reworked both grievous and mace but they didn't. They instead took the same effort and resources to make him only viable in one aspect of the game which is now TW. When they could have made those changes be game wide for those characters just to a lesser extent. I am pretty sure nearly the same amount of testing had to be done. Which is all the more reason the bets hedge on a completely new GG, no reworks.
  • Options
    lol g.k farm not easy. haat raid is hard, and sith raid -traya. GK coming soon two zeta dont worry bro
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Hes really going to be upset on the 11th
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    ?, Your statement personifies entitlement. As far as GK goes No one carried me I earned each and every shard and built my squads up to do it. No freebies and that's exactly how it should be, especially for noobs. This isnt WOW you have your games confused is why you must think along that path, if they want newer players to have GK, and raid han and Rolo then put them as reward for event like BH event. What your supporting is a smack in the face for us players who had to endure the grind. Why should we jump hurdles so they can lower the bar for the next player. Wheres the equity in that?
    New players without "catch-ups" would have a much harder time than we did at launch. Providing opportunities like these (as well as newer events like Rebel Roundup, and the Quests), actually bring newer players closer to parity with the game experiences we had at launch.

It's not about entitlement - and since this actually makes game experiences more equitable, shouldn't you support it?

Did you make an angry post about Dengar being the login character a few months ago? I know that I spent 26,400 guild currency on him (back when it was much harder to obtain). When he became the login character of the month, that gave everyone a discount on buying Dengar. Does it impact me? No. Does it upset me? No. Newer players have it much harder than we did back at launch in some ways.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The sentiment of they wont do it because it wont make them money comes up every now and then, and while it's true to some extent because they are a business, we have seen many reworks and buffs to completely free and old toons. Look at the months where Vader and palp where meta just due to a rework. Yoda got buffed and that his played out well too. We have also seen QoL and other updates that are not focused on any particular thing.

Not every toon will be useful everywhere and not in arena (which is a big player focus) but reworks happen and that do a fairly good job when they come around.

That does occur but it can't be overlooked that they could have reworked both grievous and mace but they didn't. They instead took the same effort and resources to make him only viable in one aspect of the game which is now TW. When they could have made those changes be game wide for those characters just to a lesser extent. I am pretty sure nearly the same amount of testing had to be done. Which is all the more reason the bets hedge on a completely new GG, no reworks.

They didn't yet. We dont know any plans, maybe this is a hint if future things to come. They have changed things in the timeline due to complaints about marquees, maybe they cant get the reworks pushed up that quick we dont know.

I agree reworks will never trump or be as frequent as new (money makers) but they make revenue in their own way through synergy with others and gear or farming efforts to make a better team.
  • Options

They didn't yet. We dont know any plans, maybe this is a hint if future things to come. They have changed things in the timeline due to complaints about marquees, maybe they cant get the reworks pushed up that quick we dont know.

I agree reworks will never trump or be as frequent as new (money makers) but they make revenue in their own way through synergy with others and gear or farming efforts to make a better team.

?? When did they change things? I thought all of this was just back loaded and the only change to marquees were how they would do it next year?

Did I miss this?
  • Options

?? When did they change things? I thought all of this was just back loaded and the only change to marquees were how they would do it next year?

Did I miss this?

Based on the community backlash to the number of consecutive marquee releases, the developers rearranged the schedule of some of their future plans. They didn't share what any of those plans were, so it's all a bit vague.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Did I miss this?

Based on the community backlash to the number of consecutive marquee releases, the developers rearranged the schedule of some of their future plans. They didn't share what any of those plans were, so it's all a bit vague.

Ahhh ty. Where was this ?
    Last thing I heard about this was Carrie’s Reddit comment where she said - based off data ppl liked marquees, so they loaded up on marquees. Meaning we get a lot of marquees first then legendary/ hero events.

And that NEXT year they may change it back to how it was.
  • Options

You are absolutely correct. This is not World of Warcraft or Blizzard Entertainment, which has endured far beyond the expected life of the game. Over half the characters in this game are obsolete and not needed for any reason. Why should players be given any login rewards by your thinking? I don’t see you complaining about new players being allowed to spend to catch up or that they get free Zeta for login. No, you focus solely on GK like he’s so amazing and game changing.

I strongly suggest you stop at this point. You may even take Kenobi’s advice...
    ld2fiudomp4k.gif
  • Options

You are absolutely correct. This is not World of Warcraft or Blizzard Entertainment, which has endured far beyond the expected life of the game. Over half the characters in this game are obsolete and not needed for any reason. Why should players be given any login rewards by your thinking? I don’t see you complaining about new players being allowed to spend to catch up or that they get free Zeta for login. No, you focus solely on GK like he’s so amazing and game changing.

I strongly suggest you stop at this point. You may even take Kenobi’s advice...
    ld2fiudomp4k.gif

It is irrelevant about those other games, because they are other games different player base and dynamics so please stop dry promoting them. No I did not mention Zetas or catch up spending because that is not the focus of this post. This post revolves around the Gk/GG rework rumors. Not WOW, POW or BING BOO BOW.
  • Options

Preach.