Why is it that...

The November calendar for a official EA game is only able to be found on same shady 3rd party websites and not on the official forums? I don’t even want to beat the dead horse named Road Ahead, but why is it that in the most chaotic situation that can possibly happen there is complete silence from the dev team, almost feels like a hit and run tactic with how they release Revan and crawl back into their remote hole to count the “revanue” gained and when they need to make more they go back to being more active. Still no news about the problem of revan being in platoons nor the fact that according to the marquee release cadence characters should be farmable. Can you please hire someone like Ultra or Kyno who is actually being more helpful then all of this communities devs combined.

Replies

• Options
    ^^ I don’t see a point coming to this forum anymore tbh. I’m a long time player (3.5 mil gp) and I can go to reddit for discussions, GC’s for updated content and kit reveals, and now a 3rd party site for the calendars.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That "shady site" is a game changer. They do this as a helping hand to them who do alot to help promote the game.

They will launch it here in Nov first. This is in part due to the request that we get event info early for the things that are at the start of the month.

They release cadence does say it will also be dependent on the update schedule. This week is an "off week" for an update and they know that. It would be nice if they did it early when this would happen, but that's just MHO.
  • Options
    So they want to help Game Changers by giving them early access to info but on the other hand they shut down acces to their special accounts 11/10
  • Options
    While I am in complete agreement that communication is terrible and, if there ever is a downfall, that would be the downfall of this game, I do have to ask, who who cares about the monthly calendars? They only tell you the repeating events. If it's something new, they are gonna pop it on us last second. Who cares when these repeating events happen? They typically can be auto battled in just a few minutes. Worrying about the calendar situation is a waste of time IMO.
  • Options
    TheManiac wrote: »
    While I am in complete agreement that communication is terrible and, if there ever is a downfall, that would be the downfall of this game, I do have to ask, who who cares about the monthly calendars? They only tell you the repeating events. If it's something new, they are gonna pop it on us last second. Who cares when these repeating events happen? They typically can be auto battled in just a few minutes. Worrying about the calendar situation is a waste of time IMO.
    Well it’s nice to know when something like a heroes journey drops so you can establish some final preparations, and it’s not just the fact that they post the calendars outside of these forums, most of the action happens on other chat platforms like reddit or game changer websites.
  • Options

I do agree with you on this one, I don’t care about the calendar updates. But think about those who haven’t unlocked JTR, CLS, or haven’t 7*d a certain capitol ship. That type of info helps better prepare them for deadlines.
  • Options

I do agree with you on this one, I don’t care about the calendar updates. But think about those who haven’t unlocked JTR, CLS, or haven’t 7*d a certain capitol ship. That type of info helps better prepare them for deadlines.

How though? I'm not going to suddenly start farming vets because I've seen JTR is coming in 2 weeks; prepping for legendaries takes months. You can't rely on the upcoming calendar.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options

How though? I'm not going to suddenly start farming vets because I've seen JTR is coming in 2 weeks; prepping for legendaries takes months. You can't rely on the upcoming calendar.

If using refreshes gets you the shards you need it makes a difference. If they have some crystals saved up but not the income to refresh everyday knowing jtr is coming and burning through those crystals to get her makes a huge difference. If jtr isn't coming why waste the crystals on refreshes?
  • Options

I like knowing when territory wars are happening so I don't make plans for the attack phase
  • Options

It helps a lot. Last month I was in both credit and training droids shortage as I spent too much on BH trying to get Chewie and so later on I was able to focus my resources on relevant characters which resulted in getting 7* R2D2 and then with few hours to spare in 7* CLS.
    This month I will be getting GMY from 6 to 7* and Palp is already 7* which means that my limited resources can now be spent on leveling Geonosians both as a characters and ships perhaps I could spare some credits on modding some of my other characters.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options

3dh3fxc4siin.png
    After today's fleet mastery I am 10 shards short of 7* Home One. Without the calendar, I would have most certainly bought them for 800 crystals not knowing if chiemera returns before the next fleet mastery or if the next occurrence of fleet mastery is otherwise too far ahead. Thanks to the calendar I know it's scheduled for Nov 9th and don't have to waste a lot of crystals.
    There are a lot of similar use cases where you might be close to some goal (shard or gearwise) and may save some crystals due to planning a month ahead.
  • Options
    Training Droids shortages? Are those even possible? Lol
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Moorebid wrote: »

I thought I might have been the only one to see that.
  • Options
    Moorebid wrote: »

Early on it is. I was short on training droids for a few months still after hitting 85.
  • Options
    If your buying credits its easy to run out early in game