Sid lead for GS?

BillyBeans
440 posts Member
edited March 2016
So, if GS gains turn meter on crit chances, wouldn't a maxed out Sid be a great leader for him?

I'm thinking of the following team:
Sid lead
GS
Dooku
Daka
Rey / QGJ

Look at the assist call for stun opportunities!

Rey is only 4*, but hopefully 5 soon. The rest are 7*

Thoughts? Just seems like Sid is the better leader over QGJ, unless I want to run lumi in there for a big heal, but Daka can do that... And stun!

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Qgj lead means more hits sid lead means more of a chance at a critical hit.
    I think with the current "speed rules" you can forget about the healing, I would say go with daka over Luminara. That revive is annoying on defense and can save you on offense.
  • Options
    @scuba you mean more hits from QGJ? He would be the only one to benefit from his leader ability in that team (no lumi), and really...if Sid is giving extra crit chance, GS gains turn meter...so it may mean more attacks from GS instead of QGJ, which would be better as GS deals more damage? Just trying to think through this...

Am I way off?!?! Lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a Sid lead. It definitely is totally viable.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not really way off. You have to weigh it. One is guaranteed speed the other is improved odds in the rng lottery of criticals.

I don't run either as leader so I am not sure how much extra critical you will see with sid as leader.

I have been thinking about it myself because I am starting to use RP who also gains TM on critical or dodge but so far Luminara evasion is working pretty good so I don't know if I am going to change.
  • Options
    Gotcha. I have RP also at 5* since I had nothing else to do in GW. Man, he is like Rey to gear. Needs it all it seems.

I faced a 7* RP in GW not too long ago and he was a freaking beast...

RP would work with Sid or lumi lead since he gains on evasion and crit...he hits hard too
  • Options
    I'm trying a Sid lead with damage dealers including RP. Fairly early, but I'm not impressed with his crit chance as of yet. Running three assist callers as well, and he hasn't gotten called that often either. If we had a viable crit chance lead RP would shine I think(88 doesn't count lol). My only viable taunt tank is Poe. I'm starting to think he is still necessary over pure damage, even though I'm doing OK. If you have a higher starred RG I'd use him with your team over Poe
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Not really way off. You have to weigh it. One is guaranteed speed the other is improved odds in the rng lottery of criticals.

I don't run either as leader so I am not sure how much extra critical you will see with sid as leader.

I have been thinking about it myself because I am starting to use RP who also gains TM on critical or dodge but so far Luminara evasion is working pretty good so I don't know if I am going to change.

Was also thinking of going to Lumi lead. Might try that tomorrow. What do you think of Lumi lead, RP, GS, QG, 86? I like the assist callers for extra damage.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I like Luminara lead because her dodge ball skill seems to work pretty good, evasion save a little on the damage front. She is not horrible in speed, and has ability block.
  • Options
    @Crymsonkyng I really like that team. I'm working on 86 as well just to give another assist. He is just slow...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Let me also say I am nor try to be top in my arena so I might be the best person for advice on what will win in arena.

That said I like working on new things. I am working to try RP, Rey, RG and/or STH and probably Luminara lead, if not both RG and STH I will put Daka in there for frustration factor (mine and opponents) alone.
  • Options
    That's a good team. I see way more QGJ leader teams than Sid even when QGJ is the only Jedi in the team. I've run both and really Sid in my opinion works better on offense than a lone QGJ and since Dooku will almost always stun opponents QGJ you l can take down even best teams with that build. My team now is usually QGJ Yoda Dooku Rey and GS but Sid lead is just as good if not better.
  • Options
    Let me also say I am nor try to be top in my arena so I might be the best person for advice on what will win in arena.

That said I like working on new things. I am working to try RP, Rey, RG and/or STH and probably Luminara lead, if not both RG and STH I will put Daka in there for frustration factor (mine and opponents) alone.

With the team I mentioned above I finished 14...would have been 9 or better but my server is active around my award time, so lots of sniping involved. Lumi lead is something I wanted to try anyway. Give me a day or two and I'll let you know how it fairs against top tier teams, both on offense and if it helps hold position better.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    With the team I mentioned above I finished 14...would have been 9 or better but my server is active around my award time, so lots of sniping involved. Lumi lead is something I wanted to try anyway. Give me a day or two and I'll let you know how it fairs against top tier teams, both on offense and if it helps hold position better.

Good luck. The reason I really stopped trying in arena is because my server is very active when sleeping and again around 1600-1700. When I started dropping 100-200 ranks before 1700 EST I decided the crystals to climb back up were not worth it especially since I can't snipe due to work. Part of this is also cause I didn't want to chase the meta and wanted to enjoy my time playing.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options

Good luck. The reason I really stopped trying in arena is because my server is very active when sleeping and again around 1600-1700. When I started dropping 100-200 ranks before 1700 EST I decided the crystals to climb back up were not worth it especially since I can't snipe due to work. Part of this is also cause I didn't want to chase the meta and wanted to enjoy my time playing.

I hear you, it is a hard realization that when you do sit there for an hour grinding all five chances to get pay out for number one spot. Time is money and you just earned a measly $4.25 in crystals for that hour... I'm about to just let my rank drift from the top spot and get my 5~6 life back.