2 ideas of how to improve Arena for all

Tolodine
186 posts Member

Well met, Friends...

I've been reading posts here for what seems like forever, and am growing very tired of the consistent and repetitive rants and requests for Nerfs because people (usually F2P) can't handle the balance of the game design. This of course is a direct result of not being able to utilize all of the available characters or complete the higher level challenges. Why? Well, precisely because they are F2P !

So peeps.... If you feel like so many parts of this game are just out of reach for you as F2P, well that's because it's supposed to be that way!! Stop complaining and just enjoy the game. Many F2P have made it to finish Arena in the #1 spot. So can you.

Now.... For a great idea:

With SO many posts complaining about the Credit Crunch, and an upcoming Cap raise to 80 which can only accentuate the problem, it's time for variety.

Wouldn't it be great if there were multiple arenas, each with it's own level cap of characters you can bring?

A base arena for up to and including level 60, an up to 70, and a soon to be, up to 80.

Each of these (Bronze, Silver, Gold?) arenas would have different prize tiers, and would have completely different Metas as all variety of players, with differently leveled characters, fill each of the categories and vie for rankings.
(Even more interesting if you could only battle in ONE arena unless you pay 50 crystals that day)

I've also seen far too many people complaining about being forced to play the current Meta if they want to be able to compete. Well...

An idea to attempt to force diversity in the Arena:

If the 5 character slots that you are able to fill each had a limit as to what Type/Level/Ability with which you could fill it.
For example...

Slot 1 could be filled by only characters with a Leader ability
Slot 2 might have a restriction of Attacker Only
Slot 3 might have a restriction of Support Only
Slot 4 might have a restriction of Maximum Speed (meta changer)
Slot 5 might have an even greater Speed restriction

And/Or, all slots 2-5 could be speed restricted lower and lower.

Perhaps this is an additional Arena type to those listed above... Platinum ?

Now.... Don't just be a Hater.
Take this idea and improve on it !
Make it into something great, and watch it come to fruition.

-want to drive a Jedi nuts? Tell him you've got a real 'Passion for Peace'

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Something similar was done in another freemium game I played and I personally loved it. When this battle type came around it was the one time I as a not spending any money on that game player was able to have a shot at the top rewards.
  • Options
    Honestly, this sounds awesome! I think utilizing the different types of toons could be required. Like you must use a leader, support, attacker, tank, and healer.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Tolodine wrote: »
    Well met, Friends...

I've been reading posts here for what seems like forever, and am growing very tired of the consistent and repetitive rants and requests for Nerfs because people (usually F2P) can't handle the balance of the game design. This of course is a direct result of not being able to utilize all of the available characters or complete the higher level challenges. Why? Well, precisely because they are F2P !

So peeps.... If you feel like so many parts of this game are just out of reach for you as F2P, well that's because it's supposed to be that way!! Stop complaining and just enjoy the game. Many F2P have made it to finish Arena in the #1 spot. So can you.

Now.... For a great idea:

With SO many posts complaining about the Credit Crunch, and an upcoming Cap raise to 80 which can only accentuate the problem, it's time for variety.

Wouldn't it be great if there were multiple arenas, each with it's own level cap of characters you can bring?

A base arena for up to and including level 60, an up to 70, and a soon to be, up to 80.

Each of these (Bronze, Silver, Gold?) arenas would have different prize tiers, and would have completely different Metas as all variety of players, with differently leveled characters, fill each of the categories and vie for rankings.
    (Even more interesting if you could only battle in ONE arena unless you pay 50 crystals that day)

I've also seen far too many people complaining about being forced to play the current Meta if they want to be able to compete. Well...

An idea to attempt to force diversity in the Arena:

If the 5 character slots that you are able to fill each had a limit as to what Type/Level/Ability with which you could fill it.
    For example...

Slot 1 could be filled by only characters with a Leader ability
    Slot 2 might have a restriction of Attacker Only
    Slot 3 might have a restriction of Support Only
    Slot 4 might have a restriction of Maximum Speed (meta changer)
    Slot 5 might have an even greater Speed restriction

And/Or, all slots 2-5 could be speed restricted lower and lower.

Perhaps this is an additional Arena type to those listed above... Platinum ?

Now.... Don't just be a Hater.
    Take this idea and improve on it !
    Make it into something great, and watch it come to fruition.

-want to drive a Jedi nuts? Tell him you've got a real 'Passion for Peace'

I'm a little skeptical this would encourage "diversity"