Another who should I go for now thread...

Speakender
108 posts Member
edited March 2016
I have 5 6* Jedi, for the Yoda challenge, which should (?) unlock him at 6 stars. However, I'm kind of burned out grinding for Jedi, and I don't know if I want/need a 7* Yoda. Any suggestions for alternatives? I have old Daka at 4*, STH at 3*, Asajj 5* and grinding these guys to 6 or 7 might be ok.
Post edited by Speakender on

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Go for Daka. She brings an annoyance factor to your team. She is the character I love to hate.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Go for Daka. She brings an annoyance factor to your team. She is the character I love to hate.

I know I love/hate her, but there seems to be some chatter that she works better for AI then players.
  • Options
    Daka is viable in all aspects. Great for arena. Awesome for GW. Required for DS missions to 3* them...

Go get that old hag to 7*. You will not be disappointed!
  • Options
    I beat all the DS missions with her at 4*, so that's not really a need. Of course, if they raise the cap to 80, and unlock the lvl8 missions, I'll most definitely need her, and more than 4*.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Daka is viable in all aspects. Great for arena. Awesome for GW. Required for DS missions to 3* them...

Go get that old hag to 7*. You will not be disappointed!

While I agree Daka is a valuable asset to have and makes most content easier. She isn't required to 3 star missions. I 3 star all content with a high dps team plus Phasma ally. I made a horrible mistake of going for Boba back in December. When I went back to go get her, QGJ, Poe were better options. Now that they are done, I'm just now farming her. ><
  • Tolodine
    186 posts Member
    Options
    No question, Daka is a Must have for DS missions and great for everything else.

But 7* Yoda is absolutely awesome

Nothing quite like being totally immune to every debuff the ai is guaranteed to unleash ;)
  • Plague_Inc
    451 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Don't get Ventress starred and geared up until the game is updated and she is fixed. Her first move while under the AI's control is to dispell the buffs that a character dying gives her (because she can dispell every buff for some reason, instead of just the enemy's buff).
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Speakender wrote: »
    I know I love/hate her, but there seems to be some chatter that she works better for AI then players.

IMO No I use her everywhere I can currently. I have plenty of times opponent revives and mine doesn't (hate her) but just as many where mine revives and opponents doesn't (love her).

Please see the Pikachu.
  • Options
    I have qgj from the Jedi pack, but I haven't spent any time or resources on him. Yeah, ventress AI sucks, I see her use her heal to heal team members when I have no green status effects. She seems to hit hard when I can control her though, just wouldn't use her for arena. So old Daka, check. That covers the cantina coins. Who's my arena points choice?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I love the NS so there I would say Asajj but I am biased. She is great in GW against all the Sid teams. I move her to the spot that sid hits with his first heal block. She takes a beating then does almost full heal with AOE.
  • Options
    In arena I would say the order is
    1. A tie between Sid and ugnaught
    2. - 5. Depending on what you want
    Eeth Koth (Yoda event)
    HK (droid team)
    88 (droid team / AoE damage)
    Sth (turn meter tank)
  • Options
    I have EK at 6*, and I unlocked 88 at 3... Seriously considering 88, since his damage output seems really high. He does seem like another glass cannon, though.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    For GW, you can never have too many healers.

Go for Daka.
  • Options
    I need 10 more shards to 7* Eeth and then still have about 6k in reserve. Probably gonna just stockpile them for when they place someone new in there or go after STH
  • DelphiAuriga
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Plague_Inc wrote: »
    Don't get Ventress starred and geared up until the game is updated and she is fixed. Her first move while under the AI's control is to dispell the buffs that a character dying gives her (because she can dispell every buff for some reason, instead of just the enemy's buff).

She is not dispelling herself. Read the Unique description. The buff last for one action, whichever is to attack or dispell enemy buffs. Yeah, its a waste that a player wouldnt do, but its no bug.

PS: Daka takes the best increase at five stars. 1100 increase in health. The other worthy is at seven, but raiing from five to seven means 185 shards, at an everage of 5-6/day thats 30-37 days of grind, so as you please.... https://swgohdb.com/stats
  • Options
    I think we can all agree that AV sucks until she gets fixed. Sure, her stun is nice, but not reliable, and her heal is terrible.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Daka :-)
  • Options
    Daka or Teebo
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I think we can all agree that AV sucks until she gets fixed. Sure, her stun is nice, but not reliable, and her heal is terrible.

Nope. She is pretty much now working as advertised. As ai she does try to dispel leader buffs that you don't see but she heals from them.
    So if that is the reason not to use her than don't use any healer as the ai does horrible with then all.
    AI control sucks on all and I would not say to use her in arena. Would I like to see more speed sure would I like her dispel to never get resisted sure. But those are not broke. She does not dispel her own buffs from rampage they disappear because she performed one action which is all they are supposed to last for.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Hey now that you know who your going for can you help me decide between starting a loooooooonnnnngggg grind on Ima-gun-di or keep staring up Fives??
    I want a all Jedi A team. Im going to get 5 star joda on Wednesday I have 7* Lumi 5* JC, QGJ, Eeth Koth 4* Mace and Ahsoka I am actively farming Anakin, QGJ, Rey, Mace, Ahsoka, Dooku and Fives Dooku and and 5's i just do them to spend energy mostly so what would be my best course of action??
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Ima-gun di is fun as a leader of Jedi team. When they get hit with an AoE almost the entire team counters.
  • Options
    Man, I have been so tempted to work on Ima-gun-di. But facing 5s sucks, and even saving him for last, he can kill a party member or two just from counter attacks. Him and dooku are both a pain, and keep me from using too many aoe. A guy I work with has 5s, and can't speak highly enough of him, but the rest of his roster is pretty weak, so he could be good just in comparison. I think a team with 5s, dooku, Ima, and 2 Jedi (barriss and lumi) would be pretty cool. Or Ayla/kit fisto because of their counter attack abilities, but they are both p2p toons.
  • Options
    I guess, I direct response to your question, I'd keep working on 5s, because he can help in gw. Work on grinding Ima when you have the spare energy.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I guess, I direct response to your question, I'd keep working on 5s, because he can help in gw. Work on grinding Ima when you have the spare energy.

Or I just might quit on Dooku till I can get him in cantina because im lvl 67. 2 more lvls and I avoid the long grind in LS/Ds hard nodes i already have 26 of his shards.
    Fives is good but his lack of damage gets really annoying after a while I have him 5 stars lvl 60 gear 8 and even though he takes a h*e*l*l of a beating his damage didnt really help me but his proyected stats for lvl 90 are much more than impressive thats why I kept farming him. I dont farm him in cantina i farm him in LS\ DS battels because im doing QGJ and mace on the other side
  • Speakender
    108 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just started grinding dooku again because I unlocked that last spot. I beat all of level 7 with 6* Barris, 7* Lumi, 7* RP, 4* FoTP, 7* Sid (or 5* Dooku). I personally found that entire run easy, but that's a pretty decent team I used, too.

In building a team that can all do counter attacks, I think grinding GG could be pretty cool (minus the fact that it takes 3-6 months to get him to 7*). He has an ability to throw taunt on any character. Fives with taunt would die fast, but he'd take some serious chunks out of the enemy team.

• DelphiAuriga
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I have to disagree. Consistently rank 70 in my server (i dont actually try to go further, just need this reward for refreshes), with Ventress 7* leading, Initiate 7*, Daka 5*, Sid 7* and Lumi 7*, all max gear except hairdryers. Sid will be switched for Rey soon. Due to Asajj leadership, Daka goes allways first except that a Yoda is under QGJ lead. At 112 speed she enter mid-range speed tier, like FOTP or RP approx, and her selfheal is simply awesome. Combo all that with a chance for five stuns in two turns (two from Daka, one from Ventress, two more from Daka in second round), revive, and you will discover why my team is mostly left aside by my rank mates in the server. Each hero has a niche, but most people just cant find it.

PS: Also this team clean GW every day with maybe one (normally Daka or Sid) dead only.
  • Options

I have to disagree. Consistently rank 70 in my server (i dont actually try to go further, just need this reward for refreshes), with Ventress 7* leading, Initiate 7*, Daka 5*, Sid 7* and Lumi 7*, all max gear except hairdryers. Sid will be switched for Rey soon. Due to Asajj leadership, Daka goes allways first except that a Yoda is under QGJ lead. At 112 speed she enter mid-range speed tier, like FOTP or RP approx, and her selfheal is simply awesome. Combo all that with a chance for five stuns in two turns (two from Daka, one from Ventress, two more from Daka in second round), revive, and you will discover why my team is mostly left aside by my rank mates in the server. Each hero has a niche, but most people just cant find it.

PS: Also this team clean GW every day with maybe one (normally Daka or Sid) dead only.

That actually sounds pretty decent. I take back what I said. I have used Asajj on occasion to get faster proc on Daka in GW, but it just didn't seem worth it as a permanent team build, but maybe it is. I just wish they'd get over the heal thing and let her heal the whole party. Light side gets 4 (or more?) decent to excellent healers with Barris, Lumi, JC, and Ackbar, but Dark Side gets 1 team heal in Daka?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

That actually sounds pretty decent. I take back what I said. I have used Asajj on occasion to get faster proc on Daka in GW, but it just didn't seem worth it as a permanent team build, but maybe it is. I just wish they'd get over the heal thing and let her heal the whole party. Light side gets 4 (or more?) decent to excellent healers with Barris, Lumi, JC, and Ackbar, but Dark Side gets 1 team heal in Daka?

DS also has Talia. I was hoping they would leave Asajj heal as a team heal but they didn't it was made a self heal as was originally stated.
  • Options
    Derp... Lol. Completely forgot about Talia, but her heal isn't as good as light side healer, for obvious reasons.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Derp... Lol. Completely forgot about Talia, but her heal isn't as good as light side healer, for obvious reasons.

It is actually not bad you are right LS is better. But when her abilities are up she gets health recover = 100% damage of her basic. Her heal gives her TN so she gets a chance at getting back the Health.
    And she can actually do a heal even with no life left.