Overpowered Vs Underfarmed

Mc1
306 posts Member
edited March 2016
I think what goes on in one's mind when they feel a character is OP, is "**** I wish I had that toon". Perfectly logical right? If you're an advocate for the per say toon then you probably have them maxed or on their way to fame and if you are'nt they are either fuzzy bluish-grey or low level. My thoughts are that most of the toons that are regularly discussed as OP are free to all and they take time to upgrade. Yeah I know it's frustrating to get beaten down by them at times but they can be had by all. I love to collect and where I'm going with this is that this game has a really fun component that lets one collect. When I was a kid and my mom took me to the toy store (which wasn't often), I didn't get all the Autobots or all the Joes at once and I'm glad I didn't because had i gotten everything at once, the thrill would be gone. So if you don't have the publicly opinionated overpowered toon, farm it. It's fun and you get a sense of accomplishment (and an overpowered feeling too), lol. That's what it's all about, FUN. :-)
Post edited by Mc1 on

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    The heck with the Joe's. Cobra!
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had the HISS tank. Pretty epic. Lol
  • Options
    When I was a kid GI Joe was a 13" tall fully poseable figure with a real beard and articulated hands, not some cruddy 2" hunk of plastic.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    My favorite was the hydrofoil boat I used to play with in the creek. Although we did have the aircraft carrier in my basement which was pretty cool.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    My favorite was the hydrofoil boat I used to play with in the creek. Although we did have the aircraft carrier in my basement which was pretty cool.

I remember the Hydrofoil. Lol
  • Tolodine
    186 posts Member
    Options
    so.....

Is the Hydrofoil Overpowered or Underfarmed?

/confused
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    When I was a kid GI Joe was a 13" tall fully poseable figure with a real beard and articulated hands, not some cruddy 2" hunk of plastic.

I still have one of those. Unfortunately I opened the box.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Tolodine wrote: »
    so.....

/confused

Way overpowered. Joe's had a hovercraft to slow.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    Options

Ditto. I had one with a parachute that you threw up in the air.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Tolodine wrote: »
    so.....

/confused

Way overpowered. Joe's had a hovercraft to slow.

Yeah, the hydrofoil didn't need 50 purple cuffs though.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Funny part is those smaller ones are far more collectible than the bigger ones.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry Op I think we hijacked your good post to talk about GI Joe.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To get back on topic, you shouldn't have to use the 'overpowered' heroes. Most heroes should be viable in arena under the right circumstances.

The gist of your post is 'most OP heroes are farmable, so everyone should use those OP heroes'.

That is wrong on so many levels. I should be able to make a team of any five heroes and it should be at least half decent. As of right now at least half of the heroes in the roster aren't viable.

When you see those pics of the top three whales all running QGJ Yoda Rey GS and RG you know for a fact that it is currently the best team available. All of them are farmable in some way or another, but you shouldn't have to use them to get high ranks.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry Op I think we hijacked your good post to talk about GI Joe.

It's ok, lol. just to add.

Theme song!!!!!

Yo Joe!
    He'll fight for freedom where ever there's trouble.
    GI Joe is there.

It's GI Joe against Cobra the enemy
    Fighting to save the day.
    He never gives up.
    He's always there,
    Fighting for freedom over land and air

GI Joe- A real American hero
    GI Joe is there

GI Joe is the codename for American's daring, highly trained
    special mission force.
    It's purpose, to defend human freedom against Cobra-
    a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

He never gives up.
    He'll stay til the fight's won.
    GI Joe will dare.

GI Joe- A real American hero
    GI Joe
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @Mc1 you just made me sing that song in my head as I was reading it.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    So, you are saying Geonosian Soldier IS OP, but people are only claiming that publicly because they're jealous they haven't farmed him... and you suggest that they go ahead and farm him for "an overpowered felling"
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    @Mc1 you just made me sing that song in my head as I was reading it.
    Lmao!!!

• Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »
    So, you are saying Geonosian Soldier IS OP, but people are only claiming that publicly because they're jealous they haven't farmed him... and you suggest that they go ahead and farm him for "an overpowered felling"

No, yes, and yes. Do you have him yet? Lol
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo, to sum up, everyone should have the same op characters and quit whining about how all the meta teams are basically the same (except the very few synergy teams like rebel, which honestly I've never seen and only read about) and be happy with clear imbalances?

Boring.....

Speed meta sucks

its too bad this game takes so Fing long to get anything anywhere. Nerfs will only result in massive cries. Because it takes too long to get any character into a "max" status. Spend two-three weeks getting someone where you can use them, only to get a nerf is negative fun.

EA is smart. They will buff bad characters so they are the new OP ones to increase profits. Start farming mob enforcer

• Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    It's about collecting boss. There are no overpowered characters really. Not unless you put five fully maxed toons together for an A-Team. You have to gear them, Star them, and have to put them all together. My GS is a four star level 5, but a 7 starred GS isn't hard to beat knowing AI patterns and your squads capabilities. And yes, any nerf makes a player who dedicated their time feel bad.