Arena timer needs to be longer.

8 out of 10 arena fights end with my team having five toons left with one or two left on the opposing team. I lose because the timer runs out. I clearly have a superior team, but because of all the health and prot Regen with revan teams, revives and savior ability I lose 80% of the time. Please increase arena timer.

Currently running:
zzzRevan 305sp
zGMY 280+ sp
zJolee 227 sp
Bastilla 230+ sp
GK 90k prot, 220+ sp

Replies

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Maybe try something other than a mirror match? There are counters to every team that don't risk timeout.
  • Benny_Monstosity
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It's not just mirror matches, results are the same against well modded Traya squads running sith trooper. The arena timer was set three years ago when the longest fight was less than two minutes. With the power creep and all the extra ways toons have to stay alive it isn't unreasonable to ask for an extra minute to be added. They were ok with taking away time from the fleet arena timer when ships 2.0 came out.
  • Options
    It's not just mirror matches, results are the same against well modded Traya squads running sith trooper. The arena timer was set three years ago when the longest fight was less than two minutes. With the power creep and all the extra ways toons have to stay alive it isn't unreasonable to ask for an extra minute to be added. They were ok with taking away time from the fleet arena timer when ships 2.0 came out.

They've also doubled the speed....
  • Options

I wouldn't expect it to change until squad arena 2.0 comes out. I can beat most Traya squads in less than two minutes with non Revan teams. Including Trooper teams. If you're timing out you may want to try different teams.
  • Options
    5 min is enough. You can’t blame the timer for timing out against mirror matches. You may want to rethink your strategy for attacking mirror teams.
  • Options
    Jjflynn3 wrote: »
    5 min is enough. You can’t blame the timer for timing out against mirror matches. You may want to rethink your strategy for attacking mirror teams.

Any suggestions?
  • Options

Any suggestions?

Go faster :D
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Go faster :D

Constructive, thanks.
  • Options

Any suggestions?

Not sure if you're asking about Traya or Revan counters...

You could try:
    Thrawn + Magma
    CLS + Han + Chewie
    Rex + Thrawn + Nihilus
    Bastlla lead
    Nightsisters
    EP lead Triumvirate

That's just the Traya counters off the top of my head. Nightsisters also are a solid Revan counter. There are plenty of threads on the topic that will talk strategy and mods/speed.
  • Options
    My 2 cents: arena timer isn’t adequate to deal with the Traya/Revan teams. I’m winning often, but nearly all matches take at least 3 minutes - at 4x speed. That would be 12 minutes at regular speed.

That’s a problem/failure by CG. You shouldn’t need to increase game speed to win a match within the allotted time. Even winning in 2 minutes, as some posted, is 8 minutes.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Is 4x really 4x? Always felt to me like 1x was half speed, 2x was normal, and 4x is double. Been so long since the change...would have to find some old vids to compare I guess.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Is 4x really 4x? Always felt to me like 1x was half speed, 2x was normal, and 4x is double. Been so long since the change...would have to find some old vids to compare I guess.

I think you're right and I believe one of the game changes did a video on this a while back.

I know that CG didn't add 2x and 4x for arena. Their statement was it would reduce time for things like Raids and GW.

I'm generally against adding 8x or extra time to arena (8x elsewhere would be fine). With that said, @cannonfodder_iv made an interesting point about animation duration. Some of the more prominent ones in this meta do seem long. It'd be interesting if someone compared the animations of GMY, Nihilus, and Bastilla to some of the original character animations. Having a standard and/or max animation duration could help.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Im reminded of jkg in the early days taking so long to do practically no damage.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP. And this isn't just Revan teams either. Traya teams also have timeouts due to more and more g12+, 6* mods on all, etc. Revan only exacerbated the problem because Jedi attacks are weak and animation-heavy. Basically, Revan (especially with Jolee) is now simply a cheese Barris time out team 2.0.

I have many battles that I have to auto for the final 2 minutes + just to get them resolved before they draw. That's not playing the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If you cant finish them in 5 min, so do your opponents.
  • Options
    The 5 min times for arena is just fine. Part of the defense strategy in arena is making your opponent time out, and you just want to take that away from them...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The 5 min times for arena is just fine. Part of the defense strategy in arena is making your opponent time out, and you just want to take that away from them...

CG/EA made it fairly clear when the nerfed Barris due to the Barris time-out teams that popped up when her zeta went into effect, that teams that timeout are not intended to be a viable arena "defense" strategy. I realize you just joined the forums earlier this year, so may not have been around for that situation. But no, "timeout" is not part of the defense strategy in arena - and it is not intended to be, as evidenced by CG/EA's quick nerf to Barris' zeta when it was for a short time.

Honestly, I think the only reason this hasn't been addressed yet is that it primarily benefits whales who paid for Revan, so CG/EA is dragging their collective feet on it intentionally. Similar to the way they refuse to address or even discuss the horribly top-heavy reward structure of the Heroic Sith Raid regarding g12+ gear. These not-so-subtle shifts in policy and response over the past 14 months or so is deeply concerning.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

CG/EA made it fairly clear when the nerfed Barris due to the Barris time-out teams that popped up when her zeta went into effect, that teams that timeout are not intended to be a viable arena "defense" strategy. I realize you just joined the forums earlier this year, so may not have been around for that situation. But no, "timeout" is not part of the defense strategy in arena - and it is not intended to be, as evidenced by CG/EA's quick nerf to Barris' zeta when it was for a short time.

Honestly, I think the only reason this hasn't been addressed yet is that it primarily benefits whales who paid for Revan, so CG/EA is dragging their collective feet on it intentionally. Similar to the way they refuse to address or even discuss the horribly top-heavy reward structure of the Heroic Sith Raid regarding g12+ gear. These not-so-subtle shifts in policy and response over the past 14 months or so is deeply concerning.

Timeout is definitely a legit strategy in TW. I don't see why arena should be any different. I hope they don't ever add time to arena. Last thing I want is for them to make any game mode even longer than it is.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Which nerf are you talking about? The only one I remember is the one where her leader ability persisted even after she was defeated. Was there another one that came due to the timeout strategy and not due to a bug?
  • Options
    Don't forget that when you use a single team without ever changing up some characters, then the system will put teams built to destroy your team against you. It's not necessarily the timer that is messing with you. But rather your probable lack of innovation in character selection. I like to think that the squad arena is the best test for any character, so you should definitely use a large variety of team combinations. Change it up sometimes.
  • Options
    but but but I have Revan I'm supposed to just win now!

TROLOLOLOLOL

I am the Tard of Tards