A.I. Controlling TIE Silencer is terrible

Why does the ai consistently use overwheming advantage(special) over his basic Disruptive Advance? It is so obviously the wrong move. and it makes any team you run with this ship absolutely terrible on defense. Is it possible to get this fixed?

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Should really be fixed to only use the special w/ advantage. But..... we've been saying this for a while and nothing has happened.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Same reason AI handles everything else badly, I imagine. It just uses specials whenever they're available, for the most part.

You don't really want better AI, anyway. You'd lose more and then get mad about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You don't really want better AI, anyway. You'd lose more and then get mad about it.

This.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Same reason AI handles everything else badly, I imagine. It just uses specials whenever they're available, for the most part.

if they can make revan target traya everytime, they can make silencer use basic first. But i guess i wont complain about that since i run revan.

I wouldnt lose more often either. speak for yourself
  • Options

if they can make revan target traya everytime, they can make silencer use basic first. But i guess i wont complain about that since i run revan.

I found out today that he doesn't even target her EVERY time. I was running Revan, GMY, Bastila, Hoda, and GK against a typical Traya team with SiT. My Hoda is my fastest toon so after I hit auto he turn swapped with Bastila who then hit SiT and shifted the target focus to him. Revan then went and hit SiT with Direct Focus because the game treated the target swap as a higher priority than whatever AI they have that makes Revan target Traya.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Nothing holds on defense as it is. If you're saying you're the only one who never loses and you'd continue to not lose if they improved the AI....well, ok.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Nothing holds on defense as it is. If you're saying you're the only one who never loses and you'd continue to not lose if they improved the AI....well, ok.

just saying that i wouldnt drop to the 60s with a fleet capable of top spot.everyone knows that silencer is a tragedy on defense, so i get targeted more than other teams.

and 99% of teams i fight are not consisting of silencer, so i wouldnt lose any more or less than i already do
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    kevsmart wrote: »

I found out today that he doesn't even target her EVERY time. I was running Revan, GMY, Bastila, Hoda, and GK against a typical Traya team with SiT. My Hoda is my fastest toon so after I hit auto he turn swapped with Bastila who then hit SiT and shifted the target focus to him. Revan then went and hit SiT with Direct Focus because the game treated the target swap as a higher priority than whatever AI they have that makes Revan target Traya.

I don't get it :#
    or is it a joke :'( ?
  • Egosumlegio
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »

I don't get it :#
    or is it a joke :'( ?

im guessing hoda buffed bastila which calls her to assist. Since revan didnt go first, he chose a different target to mark. idk
  • Options
    im guessing hoda buffed bastila which calls her to assist. Since revan didnt go first, he chose a different target to mark. idk

if Revan is first you have to anyway choose target manually and then release it after clicking auto...
    Do I not know about something?
  • Options
    Hitting the basic attack with Ackbar is similarly bad.
  • Options
    Ah forget about it. AI of Tie silencer is bad and I don't know why he can't act like Imperial TIE.
    Using that ability only if opponent is at low health or when having advantage would be nice addition as it is in my interes :D
  • Options

if Revan is first you have to anyway choose target manually and then release it after clicking auto...
    Do I not know about something?

he says his hyoda went first. and hit auto
  • Options

he says his hyoda went first. and hit auto

yoda can target only sithtrooper as he has taunt; Clicking auto isn't enough to free revan's ability to ignore taunt.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Dude, are you really getting defensive about a phone game? Relax.

Yes, you would lose more often. I'm not saying you'd suddenly lose every match, but you and everyone else currently win almost every battle you play, which is due in no small part to the fact that the AI is really stupid.

This is by design. Your brain, along with everyone else's, has an inherent negativity bias, so the one time you lose out of 50 battles sticks out in your mind way more than the 49 wins. Game developers know this, so they have to rig it in your favor. If they don't, you'll feel like everything is just a coin toss and come here posting about how the AI "cheats" and the devs just want to rob you.

It's not just mobile games that do this. Go ahead and google up "coyote time" used in old school platformers. Basically, the devs know you'll frequently mis-time a jump from the edge of a platform and just fall off the side to your death. That's not fun! So they give you a fraction of a second where your guy can actually jump off of thin air, to compensate for your sluggish meatbrain's lousy reflexes.

In the same way, if the AI used "correct" strategy at the same rate as even the filthiest of casuals, the massive gap between your sound strategy and the AI's currently-more-or-less-random moves would narrow, RNG would become a much bigger factor, and your win rate would go down. You'd feel like you weren't having fun, and they'd potentially lose a customer.

It's not a comment on your personal skill level. It's just a fact.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Yes, you would lose more often. I'm not saying you'd suddenly lose every match, but you and everyone else currently win almost every battle you play, which is due in no small part to the fact that the AI is really stupid.

This is by design. Your brain, along with everyone else's, has an inherent negativity bias, so the one time you lose out of 50 battles sticks out in your mind way more than the 49 wins. Game developers know this, so they have to rig it in your favor. If they don't, you'll feel like everything is just a coin toss and come here posting about how the AI "cheats" and the devs just want to rob you.

It's not just mobile games that do this. Go ahead and google up "coyote time" used in old school platformers. Basically, the devs know you'll frequently mis-time a jump from the edge of a platform and just fall off the side to your death. That's not fun! So they give you a fraction of a second where your guy can actually jump off of thin air, to compensate for your sluggish meatbrain's lousy reflexes.

In the same way, if the AI used "correct" strategy at the same rate as even the filthiest of casuals, the massive gap between your sound strategy and the AI's currently-more-or-less-random moves would narrow, RNG would become a much bigger factor, and your win rate would go down. You'd feel like you weren't having fun, and they'd potentially lose a customer.

i guess all that could be true if they ovehauled the entire ai system....... im just asking for the silencer to use his basic first... not upset about your comment. great point of view. and im sure the logic is true.
  • Options
    Speaking of interesting AI:

Just did a Fleet Arena battle and noticed something odd. Figured maybe it's WAI, maybe it was a one-time glitch.

Enemy's last ship was Ahsoka. I hit her with Vader while she had retribution. My Biggs was in the red, no protection, no taunt.

Vader hits, inflicts target lock. My Biggs gains protection and throws up taunt. Ashoka then counters and attacks Vader's TIE. I figured all of my Vader sequences happen on "his" turn: basic dmg + inflict TL. The inflicting TL should trigger Biggs to instantly gain taunt. Then Ashoka counters but has to hit Biggs, no? Or does Ashoka's "counter turn" happen in the instant between TL and Taunt?

Maybe I've just never noticed this "working as intended" mechanic...
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

i guess all that could be true if they ovehauled the entire ai system....... im just asking for the silencer to use his basic first... not upset about your comment. great point of view. and im sure the logic is true.

Fair enough. It is dumb - we do agree on that, for the record.

Hurray for civil Internet discourse!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Speaking of interesting AI:

Just did a Fleet Arena battle and noticed something odd. Figured maybe it's WAI, maybe it was a one-time glitch.

Enemy's last ship was Ahsoka. I hit her with Vader while she had retribution. My Biggs was in the red, no protection, no taunt.

Vader hits, inflicts target lock. My Biggs gains protection and throws up taunt. Ashoka then counters and attacks Vader's TIE. I figured all of my Vader sequences happen on "his" turn: basic dmg + inflict TL. The inflicting TL should trigger Biggs to instantly gain taunt. Then Ashoka counters but has to hit Biggs, no? Or does Ashoka's "counter turn" happen in the instant between TL and Taunt?

Maybe I've just never noticed this "working as intended" mechanic...

It's always been this way. If Biggs is not taunting when Vader hits a countering ship, that ship will hit Vader, despite the taunt going up as soon as TL is applied. WAI.
  • Options
    @TVF thanks! Never noticed it. Good to know
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    This is actually funny I run tie but like only one so I never fight one but then a bosk comes and this other guy needs him as well. I fought was expecting stun then the special came was like yeah don’t even need to stun him lol. AI isn’t smart enough for tie on defense he takes strategy they can’t program that from advantage to stun ur expecting to much.
  • Options
    since yesterday I witnessed atleast 3 basics from tie silencer as their first move! I didn't saw any using ability. You still are experiencing it?
  • Options
    since yesterday I witnessed atleast 3 basics from tie silencer as their first move! I didn't saw any using ability. You still are experiencing it?

i havent fought any since i post. been sitting in the top 25 since then also, maybe they silently fixed it....lol
  • NIGHTMAN
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Lol sensitive subject much?