Gain 15 speed for each *insert Certain team goal*?

Ok, so I have a question about certain Leaderships that grant stuff like “15 speed” for each time you perform an action related to the team.

For example, Boba Fett Lead with Bounty Hunters says something along the lines of “for every thermal detonator that explodes, bounty hunter allies gain 15 speed and 15% turn meter”.

So what does this mean?
Ok so it adds speed to any bounty hunter whenever a thermal det explodes, that’s cool.

Does that speed increase last for the rest of the encounter though?
If my Zam has 237 Speed at the start of battle, will that speed go up every time a thermal detonator explodes, stacking?
So exploding 4 bombs on one target would net me 60% turn meter, AND 60 Speed stacking for the rest of the battle?

OR does that speed increase only last until the character takes a turn? So Zam will have 297 (if I explode form dets) speed until she takes another turn, then she resets to 237?

I just would like to know, cause I’ve never seen the game explain this.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It's just TM for detonating TDs. It doesn't give them a speed bonus per TD explosion. That would be ludicrous. They only get a +15 speed bonus for each debuffed enemy. Which if I recall correctly TDs are no longer considered debuffs so they won't trigger it. (They are a "countable_special_debuff" so they do trigger the +15 speed per enemy with debuff. Disregard.)

Here's his leadership ability text:

"All allies gain 50% Critical Damage and 10% Critical Chance. Bounty Hunter allies gain 15 Speed for each debuffed enemy, gain Max Health equal to 50% of the total Potency of all Bounty Hunter allies, and gain 15% Turn Meter whenever a Thermal Detonator explodes. When Boba Fett is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active: Contract: Defeat the first enemy that takes a turn in any encounter. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.) Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have +25% Tenacity for the rest of the battle and their Payouts are activated."
  • Options
    All allies gain 50% Critical Damage and 10% Critical Chance. Bounty Hunter allies gain 15 Speed for each debuffed enemy, gain Max Health equal to 50% of the total Potency of all Bounty Hunter allies, and gain 15% Turn Meter whenever a Thermal Detonator explodes.

1 debuffed enemy = +15 speed
    2 debuffed enemies = +30 speed
    3 debuffed enemies = +45 speed
    4 debuffed enemies = +60 speed
    5 debuffed enemies = +75 speed
    This speed doesn’t stack, it goes up and down depending on how many debuffed enemies there are.

15% turn meter whenever a thermal detonator explodes is pretty simple, all BHs turn meter fills up 15% more. The amount of turn meter doesn’t stack, it is always 15% per thermal detonator.
  • Options
    Ok here’s a better example. For General Veers lead it states Imperial Trooper allies will gain 20 speed and 15% turn meter whenever they gain a buff.
    So it’s different from Boba’s lead where they gain speed for each Debuffed ENEMY which makes sense now, thank you for pointing that out.
    However this leader ability looks to give 20 speed whenever they gain a buff. Does that mean they gain speed for each buff? So if they have one buff, they’ll have an added 20 speed.
    When they have 4 buffs, they’ll have 80 speed for as long as they have those buffs?
  • Options
    Actually never mind! I suck. It just says they gain 20 speed. My bad!
  • Options
    They really shouldn’t put speed and turn meter in the same sentence though, it really confuses me.
    Until now I thought they gained speed whenever they gained a buff.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Judging by the text/code and the way it improves as you level his leadership:

Empire allies gain 30% Offense. Imperial Trooper allies gain 20 Speed and gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they gain a buff.

It's three separate bonuses.

What they need to do is use the Oxford Comma.

His leadership would read:

Empire allies gain 30% Offense. Imperial Trooper allies gain 20 Speed, and gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they gain a buff.

That one little comma after "Speed" would make it more clear. The way they have it written makes it seem like they gain BOTH when they are buffed.